Nuke em to glass

reef_magic

Originally posted by Daniel411
The idea behind it uses the acronym M.A.D. as in a Muturally Assured Destruction.

weird! we just read that today!

aarone

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
they did it b/c we tortured hundreds of their people

way to be unpatriotic douche

reef_magic

lol, like i said....i didnt mean to sound like i was sticking up for them, but im saying what our "soldiers" are doing is also wrong.
.....buttface......

aarone

First of all geneva convention only applies to us....or so it seems.
I hate ted kennedy for being a drunk fat ass who killed a woman ....but he said it the same....we liberated saddams torture chambers only to put them under new management

sbsb

but still...they shouldnt be doing that. its against the rules of war!

"rules of war" That is a joke!

aarone

they exist, and they need to be followed

it wont happen....EVER.
I had a shirt in 5th grad that said...in veyr

[hr]
lettering
"rules are made to be broken"
its true though.....nothing will stop anyone from doing what they want to do...even if those people arent terrorists they think that sodomizing them and making them perform homosexual acts will make it better...no matter how many riles are in place....you cant stop anyone.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by aarone
First of all geneva convention only applies to us....or so it seems.

and Israel

areijin

Well we are hardly having a holocaust like Saddam was with the Kurds. Second there is thousands of prsioner and this only happended to a small percentage of the. It did in anyway surprise me that those things, like the pyramid happened. After all these are mostyly 18, 19 , and 20 year olds. JackA** watching kids, much like my friends, that probably don't like being there nor like the people in that prison. That is why the need supervision.

broncofish

Originally posted by aarone
way to be unpatriotic douche

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Not picking on you aarone I just think it is funny how easily people throw around patriot, and hero and other such words since 9-11
I think it sucks this kid was beheaded...I've seen the video, and I would not call it cut off, I would say sawed off is more correct.
I think the most disturbing thing to come about is how many people are ready to say..screw em, nuke em, f them in their a's and c on their chins...or whatever other slander.....but who are the "they's". It seems more and more often people are lumping all Arabs with the extremeists. Those animals(hope I did not offend any animals) who did the Berg thing are closely attatched to Al Quaida, not Saddam, not Iraq, not Syria..but Al Quaida...the real enemy we had before we had our fake intelligence, fake connections etc....Now Al Quaida really is in Iraq, they have a great recruitment tool, and a place to train and test their new recruits against real live US GI's. Way to go dubya...glad your in charge. Don't get me wrong I think Gore would have screwed up the hole afghanistan thing. We needed a bipartisan with real military experiance and true leadership like McCain....but I've beat that dead horse enough. All I can say is I hope all the troops come back safe, Iraq finds it's own peace with out a radical Shiite rule, and the family of that Berg kid get some break from the media, and a chance to heal from all this.

nemo lover

I really feel bad for Nick's family and to have the image of your family member being murdered in your head for eternity. I seen the video and I wish I didn't. thats horrible

sbsb

Originally posted by Innsmouth
Living room politics.

Yup, and if this living room politician had the button it would have already been pressed.

moto757

being a former marine and having a know how of working on a tactical nuke base I would love to nuke them hell yeah but the long term effects would be horrible plus it would cost us alot because we would be spending the money on fixing all that contamination and rebuilding the force in which we are attacking has not been enough imo. We need to step it up and attack with more force and show them who the boss is we would have no problems if we did it like in desert storm in which are forces we high in #s and we just swept through. We didn't do that this time and we are paying for it plus sending in contractors to rebuild areas that will never be totally secure from antiamericans. ps i am not a nuclear tec. I was there to recover or recapture any weapon that was stolen or tried to be taken but learned alot about how they work and capablities

dicemanj

my .02
First off, Berg was not a prisoner of war, so I think there is a difference.
It seems to me that people are more upset over what our soldiers did to prisoners, then what they did to the four americans that were burnt and hung from a bridge.
For all the people in Iraq in the streets with guns and celebrating the death of an American, they are not inocent people. Everytime I see a large group of people (100 plus) in the streets dancing and chanting over a burning US humvee, I think we should bring in the blackhawks and level that area.
I think we need to be more aggresive in this fight.
Just think if we acted like this 4 years ago toward Bin Laden. We would still have the world trade center, and 4,000 plus Americans would still be alive.
The world has changed and we need to make this our business. Why would Sadam not allow weapon inspections in his county for the last 10 years?

reef_magic

Originally posted by dicemanj
Why would Sadam not allow weapon inspections in his county for the last 10 years?

b/c he knew that everyone would think he had them and would be too affraid to attack him

broncofish

b/c he knew that everyone would think he had them and would be too affraid to attack him

Exactly....good answer reef

dicemanj

I am not for sure, but wasn't part of the resolution to the gulf war that Iraq would be open to weapon inspectors?
That theory didn't work out so well for him.