Nuke em to glass

sbsb

Originally posted by dicemanj
part of the resolution to the gulf war that Iraq would be open to weapon inspectors?

:yes:

i personally have not watched the video and haven't really seen the "torture" we did to the prisoners, but if you look at the cultures, putting a pair of woman's underwear on their head is worse than having it sawed off. (not defending the radicals b/c any act performed just to show your power over someone else is most of the time wrong) so to all of you who say just nuke em, there are the cultural differences that need to be examined before a true choice can be made. but anyways i feel bad that the beheading video is being watched everywhere, i feel bad that we would go so low as to torture prisoners like that, and retaliation is childish and cheap (like a shot to the groin), period!

jlem

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
if these moron political leaders we have would stop fussing and crap and just compromised a little

I believe the last compromise led to the holacaust and WW2. Wackos won't compromise

jlem

Originally posted by dicemanj
my .02
Everytime I see a large group of people (100 plus) in the streets dancing and chanting over a burning US humvee, I think we should bring in the blackhawks and level that area.

I agree. These people only know fighting and you can't expect them to embrace a calm society because To them it is a weakness. They will respect a missle wiping out a whole group of violent protesters. You spank your kids because they can't comprehend why something is wrong and this is the same thing. Until Iraq understands the responsability that a free society has towards itsself we need to just scare the living crap out of them and keep it civil by overwhelming force.

jlem

no, not the last compromise. the cold war just ended in 1991

The cold war was not a compromise. It was a stare down by two mean MudderF@@@@rs and one just quit because it could not afford the stare anymore. No compromise about that. Europe compromised with Hitler over and over until He destroyed much of it.
All of us have the luxury of not having to deal with the politcs of the whole situation though. I doubt if any of us really know even a fraction of the situation. If it is so obious then how come little old you and me can see it and the really smart people who actually know what is going on can't.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by jlem
All of us have the luxury of not having to deal with the politcs of the whole situation though. I doubt if any of us really know even a fraction of the situation. If it is so obious then how come little old you and me can see it and the really smart people who actually know what is going on can't.

Oh boy... instead of carrying over a debate(if thats what one would call it), further into this thread. I'll just post an interesting chain mail, that you may find very beautiful... in a way I find it horribe even if there are partial good things said in it, here goes:
If General George Patton were alive and President of the USA, this would be his Fireside Speech:

My fellow Americans:
As you all know, the defeat of Iraq's regime has been completed.
Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.
This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.
Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict.
This list is short: The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, Norway and Poland are some of the countries listed there.
The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list.
My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.
Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.
The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.
Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.
In the future, together with Congress, I will work to cut taxes and solve some local problems.
On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.
Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.
To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. You, boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed.
Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great palaces there. Big tables, too.
I'm ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.
I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed.
I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. Pay your tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.
A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I have a couple of extra tank and
infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I'm gonna put 'em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.
Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty--starting now.
It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying darn tootin'.
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to cut taxes here because we will not be spending on other peoples problems.
To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you.
To the nations on List 2, a final thought. Drop dead. God bless America.
Thank you and good night.
P.S. Pass it on.
-and something else worth reading.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tack&printer=1

magic_carp: if that remark was aimed towards me, that is not what i'm saying, i'm saying if you look at the culture, and the low status of woman (basically no rights) then it would be more of an honor to them to have their head cut off for their country than to be degraded by a woman/ woman's possesion.
and if that wasn't aimed at me then disregard this message.

schneidts

We definitely need to kick it up a couple notches. They're playing dirty and we're playing touch football. The rules of war really don't apply all that much here. I think once your enemy establishes that they have no regard for the rules then you have the right to do what it takes. These "people" do not fear death, they only fear humiliation. We need to start burying them facing west, making prisoners sleep in pigs@$t, and wrapping their dead bodies in pigskin. I think these kind of things are the only way to make them afraid of us. As far as the beheading, I haven't seen it, but I heard the audio...horrifiying.

sbsb

Right on! But I still think that a nuke would get the point across and eliminate most of the terrorists as a side benefit.

S

spsaddict

what would happen to iraq if we pulled out right now? would it be all that bad? .

ummm gee 911 would happen all over again...i dont believe people dont see that... unless you want the terrorist in chanrge ( because if you let them be they will take over) do you know what a terrorist is? im really currious? this is a war we must win... for humanity... damn liberals

S

spsaddict

isnt that what started this whole pickle? didnt suddam threaten us with nukes or some jazz?

not nukes biological weapons... and no that isnt what started all this jazz. it was 2 planes crashing into 2 nyc towers, 1 plane crashing into the pentegon and one plane crashing in penslvania... i cant believe you asked that question....
HAVE YOU FORGOTEN

aarone

actually it was the fact that george sr had unfinished business and we are greedy and want cheaper oil....but that could just be coincidence...
forgoTTen

reef_magic

Originally posted by spsaddict
not nukes biological weapons... and no that isnt what started all this jazz. it was 2 planes crashing into 2 nyc towers, 1 plane crashing into the pentegon and one plane crashing in penslvania... i cant believe you asked that question....
HAVE YOU FORGOTEN

Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are 2 different people:notsure:
we are not in iraq right now b/c of 9/11....Al Quiedia (sp) is in Pakistan an Afghanistan....right?
and holy ----! stop calling people names!

bencc

Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are 2 different people with the same agenda. They would have done anything in there power to harm Americans and there allies. If saddam could have found a way to fly planes into a building he would have. I think he was more so working on a way to unleash some sort of a dirty bomb. Iraq was also a place for terrorist to hide and get funding. The beheading of Nick Berg was first releast on an Al Quiedia (sp) website. They are there. I have no idea how people can think this is all about oil or George Sr. Saddam has never held up his end of the deal since the first gulf war. George W did not just wake up one morning and think "what the hell why not take over Iraq I think our oil prices are to high" saddam was given chance after chance to cooperate and he did not.

schneidts

Originally posted by aarone
actually it was the fact that george sr had unfinished business and we are greedy and want cheaper oil....but that could just be coincidence...
forgoTTen

I agree that GB sr. had unfinished business and there were some political agendas at play, but cheaper oil?!! Where's the cheaper oil?!!! We pay more now than we ever have!