Official NBA Pre-SEASON and SEASON THREAD!

crimzy

Originally Posted by Rylan1
http:///forum/post/2828209
bigs more than a point... having a go to guy I think is most important in today's game... that will kill you by drawing fouls down the stretch and taking over a 4th qtr... there is not to many that can do that night over night... point is nice but not essential... having a servicable PG who won't hurt you will do.
I don't disagree, but my point is that the slashing scorer is a pretty overrated position in the NBA. Most teams have a guy like this. Probably the easiest position to replace, if necessary.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/2828148
Did Amare get a 2 point conversion somewhere that I missed? 49pts
Impressive numbers regardless.. I am very happy with D-Wades 29pts, 7 rebs, 6 assists AND 5 steals IN 3 QUARTERS! Our new guy CHALMERS is a stud broke the team Record with 9 steals last night and Beasley is puttiing upa double double every time he hits the floor! We are a fast running team now which we NEVER have had BUT we play the most staunch defense I have ever seen us play, Just as good as the the early ZO, Masburn, PJ Brown years AND i cant wait for Zo to get back to anchor our defense, guard the rim and send those shots right back where they came from.

Yeah, I saw that this morning, the Phoenix TV guys had him at 51, and the stadium did too, they must have changed a tip in or something.
Chalmers is very impressive, the steal of the draft. Odd so many teams missed on that being he won the National Championship, it's not like he went to Dayton or something.

miaheatlvr

Boy those Sixers look like a bunch of under achievers. So lackadaisical and unmoitvated. They should be SOOOO good... Maurice Cheeks must be like WTF?

rebelprettyboy

http:///forum/post/2828937
Boy those Sixers look like a bunch of under achievers. So lackadaisical and unmoitvated. They should be SOOOO good... Maurice Cheeks must be like WTF?

I dont see the SOOOO good in them. But they should be a decent team.
Nothig higher than a 7 or 8 seed in the east

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2829023
I dont see the SOOOO good in them. But they should be a decent team.
Nothig higher than a 7 or 8 seed in the east
What are you kidding me?
Rise of Thaddeus Young to a solid SF and he can score.
AI
Samuel Dalmebert
Elton Brand
and
Andre Miller... Common thats a solid team... Bench is suspect though I like Marresse Speights.

rebelprettyboy

http:///forum/post/2829039
What are you kidding me?
Rise of Thaddeus Young to a solid SF and he can score.
AI
Samuel Dalmebert
Elton Brand
and
Andre Miller... Common thats a solid team... Bench is suspect though I like Marresse Speights.
Thats a solid team but nothing better than a 7 or 8 seed lol
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Cavs
4. Magic or Heat
5. Magic or Heat
6. Hawks
7. 76ers I guess
EAST IS A JOKE!!

crimzy

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2829094
Thats a solid team but nothing better than a 7 or 8 seed lol
1. Celtics
2. Pistons
3. Cavs
4. Magic or Heat
5. Magic or Heat
6. Hawks
7. 76ers I guess
EAST IS A JOKE!!

I think Toronto has got to be in there too.

miaheatlvr

Wow did you see BRANDON ROYS game winner last night? UNREAL, hes a big time big shot player.. AMAZING in the NBA 1.8 seconds is an eternity and you can win or lose a game by a fraction of a second.. WOW!
ps. KJR watch Chalmers for a while tonight, his point guard play might salvage our PG needs with quinn and banks coming off the bench and playing very very well might I add, with Wade playing his more natural SG position!

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2829679
Iverson's first game is tonight... this is MUST SEE TV!!!
I think thats game 2, WOW! Talk about glued to the TV..
CHECK LIST:
#1 Beer check
#2 Pretzels check
#3 Di gornos ready to go in oven check
Ok were good to go!

miaheatlvr

GO MY PEOPLE, GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
DWADE on fire... 33pts, 10 reb, 9 assists and 3 steals!!!!!!
Heat 99 S.A. 83

rebelprettyboy

Man da spurs look horrible so far lol!!
Great game by Heat none the less. And Wade looks wnoderful. I hope he doesnt break a nail though lol hahaha j/k

rylan1

This needs to be discussed... I was watching the CAVS vs BUCKS game last night and Lebron had a nice dunk towards the end of the game... Today, I see a replay of the dunk... and the guy basically takes off from the free-throw line...
Did anyone see it?

miaheatlvr

We are doing ALRIGHT for 6-5 team, WE DEFINITELY MUST address our length problem it is really starting to become our achilles heel.. we have major major trouble on both ends of the floor with LONG teams such as TORONTO, PORTLAND.. and teams are really starting to exploit it.. hopefully alot of this will be alleviated with a strong healthy ZO and a Jamal Magloire. I know KJR and Crimzy are happy campers so far..

kjr_trig

Our record is better than we look at times. Still seem out of sync and to be finding their way on offense, I think the Suns will improve as the season goes on.....The East and West actually seem fairly equal thus far, but New Orleans and certainly San Antonio have not hit their stride.
Anybody else annoyed at the way the NBA schedules back to back games? It would seem logical to me that a team that has to play back to back nights should play against a team doing the same the second night....Example, Crimzy's Pistons beat the Lakers one night, then have to play a fresh Suns team in Phoenix the following night, what chance do the Pistons have? Very little...Then the following night after beating the Pistons, the Suns have to travel and play a fresh Jazz team, what chance do the Suns have? Very little.....Seems a bit stupid to me
Anyone else?

crimzy

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2845643
Our record is better than we look at times. Still seem out of sync and to be finding their way on offense, I think the Suns will improve as the season goes on.....The East and West actually seem fairly equal thus far, but New Orleans and certainly San Antonio have not hit their stride.
Anybody else annoyed at the way the NBA schedules back to back games? It would seem logical to me that a team that has to play back to back nights should play against a team doing the same the second night....Example, Crimzy's Pistons beat the Lakers one night, then have to play a fresh Suns team in Phoenix the following night, what chance do the Pistons have? Very little...Then the following night after beating the Pistons, the Suns have to travel and play a fresh Jazz team, what chance do the Suns have? Very little.....Seems a bit stupid to me
Anyone else?
Back to backs are just a fact of life. I don't think that the schedule makers could match up only teams on the 2nd end of a back to back. But to your example, the Pistons played Cleveland tonight and go to Boston tomorrow night. Holding out hope for the Boston game, though.
BTW, what did you think of Shaq's flagrant foul on the Pistons and his tirade after? Was the punishment justified, too little, too much?
I thought it was a very dirty play, deserving of a suspension. During that game, Shaq was throwing his hands and arms into the faces of a couple different players. But then to try to take out a young, role player like Stuckey... just didn't make any sense. I never saw Shaq as a dirty player before but I think he is towing the line as he gets older. I also thought the Pistons showed no heart at all when none of our players confronted Shaq about the cheap shot.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2845841
Back to backs are just a fact of life. I don't think that the schedule makers could match up only teams on the 2nd end of a back to back. But to your example, the Pistons played Cleveland tonight and go to Boston tomorrow night. Holding out hope for the Boston game, though.
BTW, what did you think of Shaq's flagrant foul on the Pistons and his tirade after? Was the punishment justified, too little, too much?
I thought it was a very dirty play, deserving of a suspension. During that game, Shaq was throwing his hands and arms into the faces of a couple different players. But then to try to take out a young, role player like Stuckey... just didn't make any sense. I never saw Shaq as a dirty player before but I think he is towing the line as he gets older. I also thought the Pistons showed no heart at all when none of our players confronted Shaq about the cheap shot.
Trying to be unbiased....I believe Shaq has just gotten frustrated over the years as the officials hold him to a different standard, he is the biggest, strongest player the league has ever had and the league seems to let ridiculous fouls against him go unpunished and call him for flagrants. I think he just doesn't give a damn anymore and lets his emotions get him. He pretty much said if the Spurs keep playing him like they do, somebodies gonna get hurt, and he will deal with the suspension.
I wouldn't blame any Piston for not standing up to him....No one in their right mind would.

kjr_trig

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....I expected something from you.
I wouldn't get too excited, I think UNC could beat us with Nash out of the lineup right now. Phoenix is really searching on offense, and anytime Nash goes out they look even worse, having him out 48 minutes spells a lose to about anyone right now.

Wade looked really good though, Raja is no slouch defensively (1st team all NBA a few years ago).