OT - No BS Guys, we are going to war ...

nyfisherman

I'M WITH mikegronholz I'VE BEEN IN THE NAVY FOR 7-1/2 YEARS AS AN AVAITION ORDNANCEMAN. DONE TWO WEST PACS IN THAT TIME,WE'VE BEEN BOMBING SADDAM FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS AND SPENDING BILLIONS TO KEEP THE SOTHERN AND NORTHERN NO FLY ZONE. IT'S TIME TO GET RID OF SADDAM ONCE AND FOR ALL!! AS FOR THE HIPPIES AND LIBERALS, THERE WILL BE NO DRAFT ANY TIME SOON YOU DEMORALIZE AND LOWER THE STANDARDS OF THE ARMED FORCES. RATE NOW I'M ATTACHED TO 2ND MAW AND MIKE THE STOP LOSS AFFECTS ONLY THE MARINES NO OTHER SERVICES.
SINCE WERE AT IT WE SHOULD BOMB CA WEST COAST SUCKS LOL

wrassecal

Entice - even though we are not reinstating the draft, if we did and it was like it was last time you could get a deferrment for college and still go, and if your daddy is rich and well connected that could keep you out too and if your daddy or momma is a doctor or is good friends of one they could a doctor to say you've got a cyst on your butt or something and you could still stay out! And if that fails you can hightail it to Canada and leave this great country.....the border is still open.
I would also like to tell you that not all the Vietnam Vets are on the streetcorner with their minds messed up. A lot of them are Senators, and Business owners and CEO's of Fortune 1000 companies....oh yeah and by the way, A LOT of them are the men who are running things this time around, not just fighting and believe me they DO NOT want another Viet Nam and will not allow it to happen.....so rest easy, or not, as you wish cause guess what, the VietNam vets are running the country you live in from both the corporate and government sides.
Here's a pic of my hubby and his son's son who is a Marine deployed to Okinawa. We put up the flags in the background on our cul de sac just after 9/11. We maintain a small park with benches there for our neighborhood and as a reminder of our servicemen ( especially our sons who are Marines) and our great country.

S

simm

www.sss.gov gives all the information about the draft and what it all is about. However college is not a determent from being drafted anymore. Neither is being married and having kids. They all go. Thats one thing that was changed after vietnam. They dont want "everyone" enrolling in college to get away from it.

R

rogeta

Originally posted by COOP21
How about we put those death row inmates out there with blanks in their guns?

LOL...thats good...i agree...lol...later
~Rocco~

wrassecal

Then a draft might put me out of business....I recruit students for petroleum engineering at University of Oklahoma......yep I'm a big, bad SUV driving American who actually talks some of our brightest and best math and science high school seniors into going into the petroleum industry:eek:

R

rogeta

Originally posted by Wrassecal
yep I'm a big, bad SUV driving American who actually talks some of our brightest and best math and science high school seniors into going into the petroleum industry

So..i'm a junior...what does the petrolium industry have to offer? lol I'm undecided what to do but i was thinking something like Chemistry/Physics or Astronemy even...not sure yet..i've even concidered being a doctor..so...come on throw another one at me..lol thanks :D
~Rocco~

Semper Fi Sgt. Gronholz, I'll see you in the sand. I'm gettin' kinda' tired of shoveling snow anyway! Just out of curiosity Sgt., You do know that this message board deals with Marine "Fish" right? Just kidding, I'm already on my face. Take care of yourself.
LCpl. Gillespie, USMC.

fshhub

entice, GROW UP
Many of us served, and many were drafted, IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVEE OUR COUNTRY
TO DEFEND THAT WHICH SO MANY TAKE FOR GRANTED
And as for who decides, many of them had served and a good part were also drafted too, so do not say that WHO ARE THEY TO DECIDE
Personally I think it should be manditory, b/c so many younguns have no idea, no respect and just take it for granted.
Believe me you do NOT want to be in my position, then you would be cowering even more.
Take it for granted, but be prepared to defend it if you wish to keep it. I have a lot of feeling in this matter, and wish I would never hear things like that.This counttry is beautiful, our flag is an icon that we should proudly display and defend, not belittle.
My response is the same today as when desert storm was, DEFEND HER PROUDLY, HONOR THE CONSTITUTION, STAND UP FOR YOUR FATHER-YOUR SISTER- YOUR MOTHER before you, or GET OUT!
SORRY, if I got a little political or even out of line, but if you do not at least honor this soil and the constitution, I feel you should be elsewhere. Where, all that we take for granted may be or may be a frill .

entice59

I know what i said was harsh, but i was grown up around people who experinced war and they are very anti-war. I am one of those people who are taking this country for granted and you guys showed me how ungrateful i am. Living in San Francisco, people put up posters against war and how the political fatcats are using us as tools. We have seen real war videos of people getting killed, disembowed and children being killed and wondered was this really worth it? for money? for religion?
Theres no excuse for what i said, i am sorry if i deeply offended you. This is a great country and sometimes people forget how lucky they are living here, being able to choose what we want to eat, getting free education, having a safe place for children to play not to be tainted by death. I hope you guys dont look at me differently because of what i said. I am still growing

wrassecal

Entice - there's one way to not take it for granted and it's the same thing you do for your fish tank. Research! Learn more than what is put right in front of you by someone else. No one denies that there are atrocities associated with wars. We have been attacked on our own soil. There are many things going on that we don't hear about in this war against terror. And if it wasn't for war, you wouldn't have the America that you have now. It is our military that keeps those horrors you talk about from happening in your town and to you. Do not doubt it after what we have seen in the attack against WTC and Pentagon. We've even seen it in OKC. Do not wait to support the effort until someone blows up Union Square. All our emotions are ramping up, just like our military is. Last night before I was on here and pretty harsh on you, I spent 2 hours holding my 2-month-old grandson. His dad is MY baby who has just been deployed to the middle east. Do you think I want him there? No way. Do I support 100% that he is there to defend his brothers, his family and his country. YES. And , I'm glad that the people running the war are the "Vietnam" generation. No way do they want another debacle like that was. And there is an excuse for what you said. It's called ignorance. Ignorance does not mean someone is dumb, it simply means someone is uneducated. You are under-educated in this area. Get some books, ( a good one to start is Flags of Our Fathers) study, research and learn to look at this through different eyes and different points of view. Not one but several.
I think it is wonderful, the way most of the servicemen on this thread fully support prior draftees but have the confidence and the commitment to our country to state that they do not think we need another one at this point. I am proud that it's people like ya'll that will be fighting for my protection.
Rocco - if you are really interested in the energy industry email me, with name and address and I will send you a packet of info on our school.

jrb384

Originally posted by entice59
What the most shocking and appauling thing about this is the Japanese Government has yet to appologize for all this and they think they did the right thing, their textbooks in japan make them heros and glorify what they did in worldwar 2, they just happened to forget what they really did to civillians
I guess living in San Francisco made me into a "hippie"

Every country that has ever been involved in war has done unspeakable acts. Americans have killed women, children, goats, whatever, in the most unhumane ways since the begining of war. If you think differently then your probally ignorant.
History books are written by winners. not losers. to understand why a nation would glorify their actions you would have to study the era, and the diplomacy of that nation.
Our nation has done unspeakable acts to its veterans, 1000's were left to rot in cages in southeast asia, 1000's will die or become wounded in the gulf war and thanked by being denied just compensation, by our govt's biggest joke the VA.
You talk about what the japanese govt did, lets talk about what the US govt did as well, that was left out of the same history book you quoted. In WWII all japanese americans living in america were taken and put into prison camps. they lost their homes, their business's, everything. There was never 1 case of terrorism by a Japanese american citizen, yet Italian and german americans never recieved the same treatment.
Add to that, the biggest kicker. Those "JAPS" as you put it, volunteered to fight and defend america, their country, the same country that imprisoned them unjustly, they couldnt be trusted so they were segregated and sent to europe to fight the nazi's, their unit was the 442nd, the nisei, or 2nd generation japanese americans. TO THIS DATE THEY ARE THE MOST HIGHLY DECORATED AMERICAN FIGHTING UNIT EVER! Where is their wall? where is their monument? and yet, what american history book are they mentioned in? So maybe the next time your talking about "JAPS" and whats shocking and appauling, you wont forget to include that.
From your comments in your posts I'd say san fran not turned you into a hippie, in fact, i'd say its turned you into a racist, anti - patriot, titty baby that enjoys freedoms provided by the blood and sweat of this nations fallen heros only to honor their deaths by young uniformed garbage that spews out of your mouth. So the next time you decide to laugh at a vet holding a sign remember that 60,000 of his brothers had their whole lives ahead of them, 60,000 of his brothers had college, wifes, families, but they answered their nations call and paid the ultimate sacrifice.

entice59

jrb384
OBVIOUSLY i did not mean every japanese in the entire world, and i can see now that i used the word Japs and i might have mistakenly just shortened japanese, i appoligize for that. Dont you dare call me a racist to try to degrade me for what i have said just because i think a certain way doesnt mean you can just jump on me for every word i have said with a fine tooth comb. I know that japanese served in world war 2 and i know what happened to the people left behind. Very few people know what happend in china, not even some of the teachers in my school knew what really happened. I just wanted to share something a lot of people didnt know. WHO SAID I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!! i was mearly stating that war should not be something people should look up to like saying "oh man im ready to kill some of those ______", why in the world would i think it would be funny to write of other people's suffering, if you truely think i would laugh at someone in the street who suffered through hell just to wind up in the streets when they should be glorified and treated with respect
if you want to talk to me fine, my AOL instant messager is entice59, feel free to argue and bash at me why i am such a jack___ for saying something i THOUGHT(past tense) was right afew days ago and now i know that i was ignorant thanks to people who do not STRIKE at me every way possible just because i am anti-war, as stated i need some growning up to do (very true) and am still learning everyday, i know now that i shouldnt have said that when we are all saying byes to mike and i am sorry for disrespecting you like that mike and all the other people who are going to their posts in this messageboard ,Instant message me, do not just waste everyones time reading this over and over again
sorry mike for being such a pain in the arse for your thread
Wrassecal, i might check out some of those books, i read the book which inspired me to be against war it was called 'all quiet on the western front' about how war was glorified in germany and how it wasnt a something not to be toyed with it was during world war one and is not fiction, its all real

idunnowhattoput

Originally posted by phishman1
I spent 20 years in the Air Force, retiring in 1992. Unfortunately, I in no way agree with Pres Bush's war effort with Iraq.
Unfortunately, some mothers and fathers will have to sacrifice their sons and daughters for his re election effort. And I have a son in the Air Force so I'm speaking from the heart here.
I'm sure some of you won't like what I posted, but its my opinion, and I believe that is exactly what is happening. God forbid, our military starts coming home in body bags so Bush can say "I told you so" and finish was his Dad wasn't able to accomplish. Nuff Said..

That sacrifice is your sons/daughters (or in my case husbands) desision. Stand behind what they believe in. The choice is not yours. Take pride in your sons choices. And let fate decide the rest. My husband deploys in days, and I would never send him off thinking I did not believe in what he is willing to die for.
PS On that note I might post some "help i think im killing his corals" notes here n there too.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Lets keep this Thread from deteriorating into personal attacks and bashing.
This topic can evoke a myraid of opinions as well as feelings. Take care when phrasing your opinion and viewpoint to avoid being personally offending.

nacl-h2o

Just for those who are still wondering if we are going to war. I have never seen 7,000 marines leave Camp LaJune without attacking some one. Today they put 2,500 marines on two ships over at More Head with 4,500 more to follow in the next week or so and a bunch of F15s left Seamore Johnson AFB today for the gulf aswell. The last few days it has been apparent some were going to go with all the freezes and hurry up transfers going on. Jacksonville is getting ready to get real quiet. Our pryers go with them.

wrassecal

Originally posted by idunnowhattoput
That sacrifice is your sons/daughters (or in my case husbands) desision. Stand behind what they believe in. The choice is not yours. Take pride in your sons choices. And let fate decide the rest. My husband deploys in days, and I would never send him off thinking I did not believe in what he is willing to die for.
PS On that note I might post some "help i think im killing his corals" notes here n there too.

I think you are exactly right! Keep posting while he's gone and we'll all help you make sure that tank looks great for when he gets home.
Entice - I suggested Flags of Our Fathers because it is about the guys that are in the famous pic of the marines raising the flag on Iwo Jima. It was written by one of their sons. It tells the story of those men and how they got to that spot. A lot about the war in the Pacific during WWII. A lot about the individual guys from when they were in high school until when they died. It even explains quite a bit about the Japanese mindset in that war the distortion of the beliefs of kamakazee.

mal

I'm just waiting for the IRR call up. My wife is vapor locked when the news comes on and there are more troop deployments.
Bobby Clark, Did you know anyone in "E" Btry 2/12 out of stumps? Particularly Ssgt Waddell or Top Halsworth? I went to boot with Waddell. I'm an 0811.
I've noticed scince being here that there are a lot of Vets on this board, and a lot of fellow Marines. Coop21 counts too, Corpsman are always welcome in my pos.
:D