OT: Peace or war?

fishead

Tigerlover i cant help but love a kid whos not afraid to express an opinion. Stay focused on education. dont fall into the drug scene and you will posses the power to change the world.

cmack

IMO protestors feed off media attention, If the networks would stop giving them all the attention, you would slowly see an end to the protests...

timo

When one wants to defame another that has differing viewpoints, the classic treatment is to resort to namecalling, such as "tree hugging liberals" or the like. This is a short-sighted, juvinile response to make the speaker seem bad, so therefore the message is bad. JUVINILE. While I am neither for or against the current situation, as with sophisticated propaganda from every government, I will never fully understand what's going on.
Sammy... Good point on the oil... How is it that two Bushes that have extreme intrest in oil get us into war in oil rich nations when they're in power ?????????:eek: : confused: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:
And, yes, one of the first things our current president stated was for them to not destroy oilfields.
Also, in America, we pay very little for gas as our good friends in Canada will attest to.

timo

kickster, I'm sending your pic to my tree hugging liberal friends so we can all see some truth.

waterwolf

You really think this is about oil? Anyway for all you anti-Bush and war protestors they found a 100acre functioning chemical weapons site today and they captured the general in charge of the site and Iraq released a tape showing the torture and execution of US military personel. This was on CNN and Fox. I guess having a chemical weapons plant is all about peace, huh? Iraq broke Geneva Convention by torturing and executing POWs on video.

wamp

I do hope that this thread does not represent the support of our troops. In a foram as anonimous as this i would expect the most vocal of debates no matter what the veiw.
Calm down a little fishead.. Everyone has an opinion on this, they are not required to respond because you want to see their views.. If they want to respond they will.. If not, no big deal. No reason to start a big debate over opinions. No one will win.

j21kickster

Originally posted by Waterwolf
You really think this is about oil?

Do i think this is about oil- yes i do-
although there other benefits to taking out sadam, oil is the primary goal- the other results are good, yes, but not the primary reason for going over there- also do some research on bushs history, as well as his dad- they would bathe in oil as long as the US didnt know about it- im not saying he's a bad guy but his reasons are not the whole truth

rescue

I have to add my two cents on this subject.
To all those who think we should have allowed the inspectors more time.......12 years is long enough Saddam has played hide and seek for 12 long years.
As for him not having weapons of mass destruction, what would you call those big things falling on kuwait, Yes it has been confirmed they were SCUDS, weapons he claimed he didn't have. I also heard on CNN tonight that they may have located a chemical munitions factory. WOW imagine that.
And in my opinion the biggest weapon Saddam posses now is Power and money, which thanks to the US he will soon be without.
As for France, Russia, and Germany. Do not be fooled into thinking they are anti-war. These contries have large financial ties with Saddams regime and stand to lose alot with his loss of power.
Dont forget 9/11 those terrorist were armed with nothing more than box cutters and hatered, and look at the destruction they caused. It well know that Saddam supports terror and hates the US so we are left with two options, sit back and wait or eliminate the threat. As a Marine, a Dad, a Husband , a Son, and an AMERICAN, I'am proud of our President for having the courage to make the choices he has had to make. And the world will be a safer place soon.

fishead

CNN just admitted to having 2 forums. CNN Domestic and CNN International. Which one are you watching? And i'm sorry waterwolf i didnt see the executions. What was it like? And like you said wamp. no big deal. no need to respond to this thread so why are you here? Hey i"m just here to learn from you. to get a response. isnt that why you keep coming back?

fishead

look man! if you want the truth, i'm not a radical or an activist, i'm just a family man who has not posted any lies or propaganda. I feel this is a subject not to be taken lightly. I believe the lives of my sons depend on this debate so if you are not as serious as i am, than please answer to another thread.

wamp

Again, calm down. This is not a chat room nor a public forum debate. I have no problem with any debate but you are replying and keep pushing your issue. I do not dis-agree with your arguments, nor your views. I do not dis-agree with anyone on here. I value everyones opinion. but when you post
50+ jillian. It sickens me to say that we must get back to more important issues like fragging our Colt corals. LOL.
It is as if your wanting to push an issue and cause a bigger debate than needed right now... Again, calm down.

timo

We are all in the same boat, both as aquariests(sp) and as Americans(most of us), so, fishhead, listen to wamp. Your battle won't be won here. The mission here is to have thriving fish tanks. This is an OT thread, remember???

fishead

Sorry wamp. My most sincere apologies. some of my posts may have been uncalled for but i must say i'm not one to sit in chat rooms. saltwater tanks are my love and the reason i come here. i feel i've said my piece and will (try...lol) to let this thread flow without any influance from my computer. God bless our troops and God bless America.

wamp

It's all good man... You can debate as you feel necessary. Just don't try and pull more people into it that don't want to be in it.. Some are just passive viewers...

dinhouse

I was gonna make this long and drawn out but I am gonna make it simple! "say what you mean and mean what you say!" The UN Memebers all agreed that all of Iraq's weapons etc needed to be reported in that 12,000 page report! this was supposed to be a complete accurate report! If they failed to do this they were to have be in material breech and they were to face conseqences! Okay they didn't report nor could they account for many of thier weapons/chemicals in question! They were also to allow inspectors unimpeded access to Iraq. How many times did thewy have trouble getting into those presidential palaces? They were also supposed to have access to scienctist as well as be able to take them to a neutral location to interview them! How much trouble did they have getting that accomplished? what about the warhead tubes that were found that they did not report? what about the anthrax that they have not been able to account for? What about the missles that are beyond the allowable range? yeah you can say that if they had the right warhead attached or another fuel they would be within the allowable range but the fact is they didn't and they violated the rules set forth by the UN which puts them in material breech! Not to mention Sodamn Insain was the one who kicked the inspectors out of the country years ago, going back on an written and signed agreement in 91. How many times over the last 12 years have they violated the no fly zone? It may seem trivial but my point is this don't agree to something if you are not going to follow it! In my opinion the UN is towing the line of being legitamate! What good is it if you do not back up what you say? How many times has this man gone back on his word and violated rules set forth by the UN? I mean how many more months should he get to violate more rules? I don't like war no one does but without war there would be no freedom! Say all you want about Bush but could Frances decision to veto any vote that the US won have anything to do with the Money Iraq/saddam owes them? And yes Oil is very important to Bush as well as you to. Raise your hand if you would like to pay $10 a gallon for gas! Why should a whole country suffer for the views and ideas of a ruthless cowardly madman! Peacefull disarmament would have been a good thing but with him it was not a possible solution! And I wonder how safe France feels after the discovery of Riacin in that su
ay lockerAlso would France not be speaking German right about now if it wasn't for a little help from us?

Originally posted by DINHOUSE
Also would France not be speaking German right about now if it wasn't for a little help from us?

Well spoken, din! That's my boyfriend's favorite quote. For all the different people on here, I have not found one person who was ok with the protestors and the things they sometimes do to protest violence. In this instance of war, I really don't understand how a protestor can be educated about the war without being obviously nationalistic. Most probably don't know about Saddam and what he did to his citizens, they are just protesting because they think all violence is bad. For those that do know, they are very simply selfish, cowardly human beings. They protest the death of Americans at war, but could care less about Iraqis who die every day at the hands of their government. One woman (protestor) said she cried when she saw the troops at war on tv, and stood, crying again, saying that our government was full of murderers and was out of control. Sorry to say, you just want to bean those people and make them realize how stupid and/or selfish they are. :rolleyes: