Other Hobby Pics???

noobie

DvSkin,
I ride as much as possible. Here in the great state of boringsville Nebraska we have quite a few very flat trails. Here in my town of Lincoln we have about four long straight boring trails and one hilly forest trail. Last night after work my friend and I rode one of the flat boring ones for 36.8 miles at an avg. speed of 15.6mph. It was my first long ride of this season, I was hurtin pretty bad. I hope to hit at least 50 miles in one ride by the end of this summer. I dig my mountain bike alot more than that red Trek Y-Foil roadbike. The Y-Foil is too limited on the places I can go with it.
Saltfisher,
I'll trade you both of my bikes for your bike. Two bikes for one!! Sounds like a great trade to me!!
Me likey the Ninja.

wolffam

No pics yet, but I have a few extra hobbies, main one being a dad and friend to my kids (4 w/1 on the way), my reef tank, stamp collecting (US Mint), Model Railroading (HO Scale),Playing my guitars & Photography. I get enjoyment from each and incorporate some of them together which makes it the most fun. Just think what I could have with the money I've spent just on hobbies:rolleyes:

saltfisher

along with.....
This is my buddies Lambo. Along with the Bentley in the background ( on 21's). I was washing the Lambo before I took it out for the day..:)

plhsurfer

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
this is my other hobby

Nicky1.8T
Drop me an email at plhsurfer@yahoo.com
I have several parts that I am selling for dirt cheap for a IV Golf or Jetta. (from Alpha 1 Motorsports Rear Strut Bar to a EuroSport Cool-Flo Intake)

rane

Saltfisher,
How about a ride in that diablo? :) I think I would creme my pants...I plan to own one someday after I hit the lottery

overanalyzer

Originally posted by cadbury
poiboy, I HAVE TO TELL YOU, THOSE ARE JUST SOME INCREDIBLE VIDEO SHOTS!!!!!

INcredibly stupid ... like the clip where the guy wrecks his bike then gets all ticked and his buddy is standing there and tries the brake and it comes off in his hand - NICE!!!

overanalyzer

OK I have several hobbies to go along with SWF.
1. Playing with my kids - Girls 4 1/2 and 2!
2. Refinishing furniture - do both staining and painting - cehck out the attached picture. That is a table that has 12 1 foot wide leaves. Bigger than my freaking house has space. 6 legs - all solid wood. Built in the 1920's and it was in a farm house in Iowa. Wife and I lived in the house for 8 months - 2 months with no electricity or running water .... I also just finished a nice wardrobe from the 1920's - had 2 layers of paint on top of 2 layers of stain ... stained it a nice darker color - looks sweet. Will get a picture later.
3. Reading - seriously - reading three or four books @ a time all the time.
Here is the table - in this shot I have one half of the top nearly stripped. It was a mess and the legs are killing my hands - love doing it but running out of time and space!!

saltfisher

Originally posted by RANE
Saltfisher,
How about a ride in that diablo? :) I think I would creme my pants...I plan to own one someday after I hit the lottery

Good luck with that lottery. I can tell you this, it's truly amazing to drive a car of that calibur. I posted a pic of my motorcycle (ZX-12r), which will do 200. That car will pull it from a 140mph roll-on.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by jwtrojan44
Very nice table. Looks to be walnut or possibly mahogany. Are those the original porcelain casters on the legs? I do some furniture myself from time to time. You're right about it being time consuming, but rewarding. I'm doing a gateleg table now that will go in a foyer. It needs to be re-glued, in addition to the finishing. I don't refinish anything until the weather is nice simply for ventilation purposes.
Nice hobbies..

JW - It is walnut and the legs are solid walnut carved into individual pieces. 5 of te 6 legs have the original porcelain castors .... and I can't find one that matches anywhere!! Any website help would be appreciated!!
I too only refinish in the spring through fall .....
I think the longer it takes the better you feel about it!

jim27

My shark tank is my hobby but this is my LIFE.... This is what my board looked like 2 days ago when i got it, before i skated it.