Owwey

adairable

Originally Posted by shogun323
When I had my wisdom teeth out the used some anestesia (sp?) where they put me in twilight as they called it. I was so out of it that when I left the office I everyone thanked for the great job they did and that I loved them all!!
Yea I had those removed and that was a cake walk. I don't remember any of it, but I wont be under at all for this

adairable

Originally Posted by TheLogan
hopefully it wont be like in Finding Nemo lol

i poking my bottom lip out if you can't tell :(

adairable

Run away now!!!! I would!!
You're not helping!!!!

I'm gonna go home and cry again!

ophiura

Don't cry. Simple fact is that crying won't help, and if it is not done, you will be in FARRRR worse shape. There is no choice in this one I'm afraid :(

adairable

Originally Posted by ophiura
Don't cry. Simple fact is that crying won't help, and if it is not done, you will be in FARRRR worse shape. There is no choice in this one I'm afraid :(
MMMM you are right, I know....will you be my adopted mom for the day? She won't pick up her dang phone and is the main reason I resorted to writing a sympathy thread for myself.
PS That may sound pathetic, but you guys have already calmed me down quite a bit...
The dentist actually came out to me while I was in the parking lot and asked me if I wanted him to give me a ride back to work.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Adairable
You're not helping!!!!

I'm gonna go home and cry again!
Agg don't cry!!!! Go home and watch Braveheart a few times to get all pumped up about it!!!

adairable

Agg don't cry!!!! Go home and watch Braveheart a few times to get all pumped up about it!!!
I do love that movie....but I think I am going to get a pint of Ben and Jerry's and watch the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean movie and feel sorry for myself
At least I don't have to do it tom hanks castaway-style

trainfever

You'll be fine, like I told you in your other thread, it will be a piece of cake. If it hurts, I'll give you a Xenia frag to make you feel better. LOL

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
You'll be fine, like I told you in your other thread, it will be a piece of cake. If it hurts, I'll give you a Xenia frag to make you feel better. LOL

(can I just say it hurt?)

nigerbang

hey train...I had one before and it hurt like hell.....Can I have some xenia?
j/k..
It is terrible..I am not going to lie...atleast mine was...on a good note with the pain killers I get it didnt hurt to long..

ophiura

Believe me, you could be in far worse shape. The person I alluded to earlier could barely eat. She went into a root canal thinking it would help, and she still could barely eat. Then they decided to do another. She got insurance involved to see if they made a mistake the first time. Its gone on for weeks and weeks. She definitely couldn't eat ice cream or anything.
My tooth was cracked and I also couldn't eat on that side of my mouth.
So it is relative. If you were in a lot of pain, the root canal would seem like a blessing, because it would be the cure.

nigerbang

Believe me, you could be in far worse shape. The person I alluded to earlier could barely eat. She went into a root canal thinking it would help, and she still could barely eat. Then they decided to do another. She got insurance involved to see if they made a mistake the first time. Its gone on for weeks and weeks. She definitely couldn't eat ice cream or anything.
So it is relative. If you were in a lot of pain, the root canal would seem like a blessing, because it would be the cure.
This is true...That is what happened to me..I had to always chew on the left side...if anything got on the right..Like a cold drink or some hot food...It was the worst pain..after the heal time it was 100x better..

trainfever

Follow my advice and I promise it wont hurt. When the dentist gets close enough, grab him by the family jewels and tell him, "doc you dont hurt me, and I wont hurt you". I promise you'll be fine. If your dentist is a female, then you are on your own.

ruaround

do like DragonZim said... hit the nitrous!!! i had a root canal done about a year ago... i watched sportcenter and inhaled through my nose... didnt feel a thing... although it did take about 2 hours... youll be fine... i was back to work the same day...

trainfever

Originally Posted by Adairable

(can I just say it hurt?)
Just get it pulled. Girls from Manayunk dont have teeth anyway, or was that Kensington?

adairable

The weird thing is...I had a lot of trouble with the tooth before and was afraid I needed a root canal and the dentist was just like "No, your tooth is just sensitive b/c your bite" SO he took x-rays and all that mumbo jumbo. Then I had what the doctor called atypical trigeminal neuralgia....if you have any idea what this is you can imagine how much pain I was in. So I went to my doctor and then to the ENT doctor and no one could figure out what the "trigger" was...so I was just medicated. The doctors blamed it on the dentist messing with my bite when he filled a cavity. So, yea I was loopy for awhile. Then it just stopped. This had to be last summer since it last occured.
Then I feel this lump and decide I should see ANOTHER dentist. I researched this guy and all instead of just choosing the closest...
and here I am... FREAKING OUT!

adairable

Originally Posted by NigerBang
This is true...That is what happened to me..I had to always chew on the left side...if anything got on the right..Like a cold drink or some hot food...It was the worst pain..after the heal time it was 100x better..
That's the worst...that is how I felt last summer when whatever it was was going on in my mouth....I didn't eat for fear of being in pain again. Sometimes I couldn't sleep. I actually had to go to the doctors to get pain medicine just to sleep.

adairable

Originally Posted by trainfever
Follow my advice and I promise it wont hurt. When the dentist gets close enough, grab him by the family jewels and tell him, "doc you dont hurt me, and I wont hurt you". I promise you'll be fine. If your dentist is a female, then you are on your own.

the doc is a guy...but way too nice to be mean to. We'll see though