People are really this dumb!

tx reef

I went to many job sites with my dad when I was a kid. One time I was being extra annoying so he sent me to go ask all the guys that worked for him if I could borrow their pattern stretcher. It kept me busy for quite a while..... :hilarious
I was only 8, but it was good to learn these little pranks as a kid rather than an adult.

zman1

In the military - we were packing up for an exercise maneuver-- We sent one of the newbies to the Motor Pool to get a chain stretcher for the tire chains. Normally the Motor Pool folks will send them around to guys in the shop with the, go check with so and so line. About 20 minute later the Motor Pool SGT called and said someone better come get this guy before he gets his rear kicked, The NCOIC asked why, he said this fool is over here arguing with everyone that there is such a thing as a chain stretcher.......
They used to send their guys to our shop looking for frequency grease for their radios and we did the same.

wangotango

well if nobody else is going to do it, i guess i will...
dee dee dee (hopefully a lot of people here are familiar with carlos mencia)

catawaba

(I'm a pharmacist) I once had a patient come to me looking for advice on his bloody nose. While we were discussing it, we talked about how he has had the flu and got a medication for the nausea....I asked what it was. (Thinking that some medications can cause a dry nose) He said "Phenergan SUPPOSITORY" but because they were TOO BIG to swallow, he put them in his nose! And he didn't remove the foil wrapper! NO WONDER he had a bloody nose!
I will NEVER forget him!

coachklm

Originally Posted by WangoTango
well if nobody else is going to do it, i guess i will...
dee dee dee (hopefully a lot of people here are familiar with carlos mencia)
it's more of a dee dah dee actually... lol IMO

wangotango

Originally Posted by coachKLM
it's more of a dee dah dee actually... lol IMO
ok, ill give that to you. what does phonetics matter anyway.

zman1

Originally Posted by Catawaba
(I'm a pharmacist) I once had a patient come to me looking for advice on his bloody nose. While we were discussing it, we talked about how he has had the flu and got a medication for the nausea....I asked what it was. (Thinking that some medications can cause a dry nose) He said "Phenergan SUPPOSITORY" but because they were TOO BIG to swallow, he put them in his nose! And he didn't remove the foil wrapper! NO WONDER he had a bloody nose!
I will NEVER forget him!

Working on the wrong end of the body on top of it - aren't the directions illustrated and please remove foil -LOL I just told my wife this one and she's
This is a classic. Should of sold some PrepH for tooth paste.....

seannmelly

LMAO!!! I love this thread! Alright, I have a few. Most are more ignorant then funny.
1) Atleast every other day, someone comes into the lfs I work at and says "I need replacement cartridges for my hang on the back filter(for freshwater). I ask what brand because we only carry a handful of brands, and I also ask what size. The most common response is, "Oh, I don't know aren't they all the same?? I bought the filter at WalMart." Well, we don't carry the crappy filters they do at WalMart!!! How am I suppose to help you if you don't know what kind of filter you have.
2) Most of the following happen over the phone, but I actually had one grandmother come in and ask this question. She says, "Do you have clownfish?" We say yes we do. She says, "how much are they?" We say, "19.99" She says, "oh, ok, can I get one?? Because my grandson wants one for his birthday for his fish tank." And from experience we ask her if he has a saltwater fish tank. She says, "oh, you need a saltwater tank for clownfish?" DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

S

suv

We went to dinner at a chinnese resturant one night with some friends, and one of my friends blond wife asked " do you eat the foil" on foil wraped chicken. Same woman asked when the new registration sticker for her car arrived " where is the month sticker". She allways good for a few laghs every time we go out.

bang guy

Originally Posted by zman1
In the military - we were packing up for an exercise maneuver-- We sent one of the newbies to the Motor Pool to get a chain stretcher for the tire chains. Normally the Motor Pool folks will send them around to guys in the shop with the, go check with so and so line. About 20 minute later the Motor Pool SGT called and said someone better come get this guy before he gets his rear kicked, The NCOIC asked why, he said this fool is over here arguing with everyone that there is such a thing as a chain stretcher.......
They used to send their guys to our shop looking for frequency grease for their radios and we did the same.
We used to send the new troops to check the air pressure on the hummers.

hot883

While deployed on ship, we used to send the newbies "topside" with a flashlight and floatation device and tell them they were the "mail buoy watch". If they did not spot the mail buoy the whole ship would be after them because they would not get their mail.
Before going on manuevers we would send the newbies to see the Company Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) and sign for the radios. We wanted the PRC E-7 (pronounced prick E-7).
If we were going out to practice land navigation, we would send the newbies to the Company Gunnery Sergeant for a box of illuminated grid squares because we would be conducting night land nav. (topograghical maps are broken down into 1,000 meter increments called "grid squares".

ahmoser

Ok so I'm a chef. Our favorite thing to do is send a new employee to the storeroom to get a bucket of steam! It amazes me how long it takes people to figure it out, and some actually come back apoligizing for not being able to find it! Try it yourself.

tx reef

I sent my wife snipe hunting.......twice! :hilarious
:hilarious
I can't believe she went the second time.

saltydogz

In response to the customers question about what types of freshwater fish can be house with clown fish.....The customer may have seen a saltwater tank with sailfin mollies and clownfish and assumed that the clownfish was in a freshwater tank, not a saltwater one. I've been in petstores before where customers have asked how they can house a saltwater fish in a freshwater tank. The clerk responds by saying its the freswahter mollie that has been acclimated to the saltwater with the saltwater fish. Just a thought.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by SUV
We went to dinner at a chinnese resturant one night with some friends, and one of my friends blond wife asked " do you eat the foil" on foil wraped chicken. Same woman asked when the new registration sticker for her car arrived " where is the month sticker". She allways good for a few laghs every time we go out.

Stupid keys tourists
While baiting up to go tarpon fishing at the 7 mile bridge a women (yes blonde) said "What a beautiful sunset, does it happen every night?"
While monitoring the coast guard channel one pretty foggy morning, I heard a guy hail the coast guard. "Coast guard, I believe I am at the seven mile bridge and the fog has closed in on us........I don't know how many pilons into the bridge system I am, but how long is the seven mile bridge" I almost heard the coast guard officer chuckle and immediatley asked how many souls were on board, what port he came out of ect.......
mc

billyg

I use to drive a limo & got in a traffic jam on the freeway in the pouring rain,normally we were not allowed to talk to the client unless spoken to.This fine looking woman & I had a good realtionship going as I drove her several times before. Well as we were creeping along the freeway chatting, as I was looking @ her in the rear view mirror we got under a bridge & stopped for a few minutes & she clearly looked @ me in the mirror & said"you ever notice it always stops raining when your under a bridge"? & my reply was "only some bridges are like that" & you wanna know why people drink!!

zman1

Not to turn this into a military thread, but the same chain stretcher guy. He worked in my section for a very short time, we'll call him Stip...
Anyway I walked into the radio repair room and see Stip on the ground under the bench and hear a snap, few seconds later another snap. I am looking at one of my sharp guys at the other bench and he's shaking head left to right. I walk over to Stip and ask, what are you doing. He says I'm checkin these circuit breakers and they are all bad. He's got a box of brand new circuit breakers, I don't recall the exact size this was back in the 83 timeframe. let's just say 24vDc 15 amp for RT524 Radio. I kneel down and he's putting these breakers directly across the power supply. This is a 24vDC 150 Amp power supply for two repair bench positions. I say Stip, they doing exactly what they are designed to do. You got a 150 amp dead short across them, of course they are going to trip. Then he starts to argue and the other guy starts laughing. I had tell Stip, put the box back on the shelf and do something useful and take out trash.
PS forgot, he once caught the trash can on fire with PRC77 batteries. His nick name was schleprock

phixer

Dont mean to rain on your parade, but there is some truth to what that customer said, he just had it backwards. Although Clowns cannot live in FW some fish can live in both fresh and salt water, they are know as euryhaline species and include Salmon, some Bass and Flounder species. Black mollies can live in both fresh and saltwater with clowns, check it out, its true.
When I worked in an aquarium shop as a kid we used to aclimate Black mollies to saltwater all the time. Not brackish water either, the same salt water that marine fish live in. The guy probably meant a Clown loach.