Pest...

I am really scared of worms... Is it fine for my clowns to stay in a tank with nothing but the dry rock? If I want corals where can I get them that will be more clean? Like maybe pet smart is bad and j&l aqutics is better? I really want to have a pretty tank but pests are just...bad... I know there are coral dips but they sometime miss some nasties... Please give me some advice on corals, maybe some easier corals? And (cleaner once).

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Most worms are not pests at all and its best to leave them be. They are beneficial to your aquaria. If you have a phobia with what you perceive as pests or dirty creatures, it may be that system with corals and live rock is not for you. Perhaps a fish-only tank where you can get some nice pieces of artificial rocks. The only thing alive in a fish-only tank are the fish and the biofilter (unless you introduce pathogens that come on the fish).

bang guy

I agree with Beth 100%. A variety of worms are crucial to keeping live rock healthy and beneficial. If you don't want any worms at all in your system then a fish-only system is more appropriate.

Most worms are not pests at all and its best to leave them be. They are beneficial to your aquaria. If you have a phobia with what you perceive as pests or dirty creatures, it may be that system with corals and live rock is not for you. Perhaps a fish-only tank where you can get some nice pieces of artificial rocks. The only thing alive in a fish-only tank are the fish and the biofilter (unless you introduce pathogens that come on the fish).
Can I put dry rock and make it live with no pest?