Photo Contest Rules and Regulations

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member

We've got a Photo Contest For You!

It will be open to all members. This contest will
run through December. Weekly winners will receive a $25 gift certificate, monthly winners will
receive a $50 gift certificate, and a grand prize winner will receive a $250 gift certificate

As a way to Pay It Forward, we will donate an equal amount of your winnings to the Deep Blue Seas
Foundation in your name. (see the link for more info)
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/Deep-Blue-Seas-Foundation_ep_92-1.html

The rules are as follows: Each week there will be a new thread with a different topic. Submit 1
photo per week that is relevant to the topic. The photo must be taken by you and be of your
aquarium. We will select 20 photos to be voted for by poll each week. The winners of each week
will then be entered into a poll for a monthly winner, and then from the monthly winners you will
select by poll a grand prize winner.

How to submit your entry: Reply to each weeks thread with your photo entry. Threads will close at 10am on each Friday.

When a poll opens, a new contest will begin so be aware of all the possibilities. Winners will be announced just after a poll thread is closed.

Contest starts today 9/17/2010 and months are determined by 4 weeks of winners.

This will be the formula until a grand prize winner is selected and thus ending this years Pay It
Forward Contest.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

ryant

so this may be a dumb question but where do you vote on the first FISH poll? the thread is locked

gemmy

Is there a system in place for glitches with the forum uploading pics? I uploaded a pic last night and when I viewed it after posting the pic was there. Today, when I looked the pic was gone. Unfortunately, I did not know the pic was gone until I got done with work at 3:30. I think this is something you should come up with a system for. It could create problems down the road if the contest catches on.

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Poll week 2 Invertebrates is up and running! Week 3 coral is up and running for submitting photos. Good luck everyone!

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Week one poll is still open, I didn't get that one open until late afternoon last Friday and it runs itself out in 7 days...so it will be open until around 4 I believe. Then I will announce the winner and send the gift certificate on Monday.

al&burke

Great picture Ryan - you deserved it. Your crab also looks great - what do you have for a coral picture

ryant

thanks for the compliments, haven't took a coral shot yet. I'll have something later in the week.

btldreef

I wish that the topics were more specific. For example, this week is coral, I would have liked to see SPS one week and LPS another, etc. Just a thought...

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/380356/photo-contest-rules-and-regulations#post_3317197
I wish that the topics were more specific. For example, this week is coral, I would have liked to see SPS one week and LPS another, etc. Just a thought...
Thanks BTLDreef, I will break it down like this for the second months contests. I wanted everyone to be able to get in on the excitement of corals even if they don't keep SPS.

ladyreefseeker

Administrator
Staff member
Poll week 3 Coral is up and running! Week 4 Complete tank photo is up and running for submitting photos. Good luck everyone

ryant

I agree on breaking the subjects down a little more like predator fish, community fish, angels, triggers, and so on.