Pics of my 600 Gallon Being Installed!!!!

jessecnc

For all those still worried about structural integrity, keep in mind that a single 2x2 is capable of supporting 1000+ lbs. by itself. I'd say he'll be just fine.

maxalmon

Frank, did you use base rock? or LR? or a mix of both.....Whatever you used, it looks amazing. Congratulations on getting everything set up.

agent707

That is a LOT... of rock.

I bet that thing is noisy. :hilarious
What do you cycle a tank like that with... No, not a Shrimp. A LOBSTER! hehe

anthony17

you have a fish list yet???? i would love to see what your wanting to put in thier.... don't know if you've posted it yet but how mnay lbs of LR do you have in thiers.... how much did the tank/stand cost alone???

S

sinner's girl

you're going to move that thing? How long has it even been up?
LOOKS GREAT! too big for me though, but great job.

bettym

Your tank is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! My husband and I are getting our first SW tank Tuesday.I just can't wait!!!!!!!! It is a 75gl.Someday I hope to upgrade to 150 or so.That is about what your sump is....lol.
Please take lot's more pic's for us all to see.I just cant see enough of it. :cheer: :jumping:

aweo

you might wanna check your floor and beam supoorts as well. That weights gotta carry through to the ground, if your house is on pads you might get one pad sinking fastter then another. I've seen kitchen islands with granit tops put into old houses, that have sunk a corner of the house.

S

sinner's girl

aweo, that's been covered, he had the room built for the tank, it's not going to fall through...

sleasia

Frank...this is really cool...Anyone who modifies their house to make room for their tanks, is a true devotee to this hobby, and by the looks of your current tank, a master at that!!! Hope you will keep us posted re the steps you take for set up...I live in Jersey, would love to see it when its set up....geeze... a 600 gallon tank, that's everyone's dream come true.

frank2005

just an update on the tank...after a couple problems...the tank is finally up the rockwork is done..and the tank is 3/4 of the way done cycling...i will take some more pictures soon and post them...i have a problem with green angel hair algea i think is what someone called it so if anyone has any ways to get rid of this i would appreciate it

frank2005

hey everyone i was thinking about stocking a carpet anenome in my new tank when the time is right..i just want to get some information on them and if anyone has them in their tank can you tell me if they are reef safe? how big do they get ect... thanks