Pics of my new 533 gallon tank

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by jhebi
I know ATA, they last time I went there I saw 2 big sharks all crummed up in a 75gl. Their fishes are very cheap, but got to be carefull when you go there, they always change their price, trust me, use to go there because it was cheap, not anymore the way they take care of their fishes are horrible. And remember their tanks are bought somewhere else much cheaper, which you can always buy from for half the price......
Any ways nice tank and good luck, can't wait to see some fish in there......HUGE TANK

yeah...i saw those two sharks. they also have a huge 1000 gallon with 4 or 5 black tip sharks in it. i dont know who makes there tanks but they swear they do and i think i got a really good price for the tank i have and they gave me a lifetime warranty. i'll keep you posted on the build. thanx

fastazzr1

thank you all for your comments. cant wait to get it up and going. just got done cutting all the metal for the stand.

barchtruong

how trusty are those tube steel?
did you weld or bolt them together?
That tank will defnately need some serious supporting stand.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by barchtruong
how trusty are those tube steel?
did you weld or bolt them together?
That tank will defnately need some serious supporting stand.
the steel tubing is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and a 1/4 thick that will be welded together....be more than enough support.

chankanaab

Your tank is going to be awsome. I just bought my 100g from ATA. The owner is kinda wierd but they had the best price on the tank. What part of L.A. are you from? if you did mind me asking. :happyfish

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by Chankanaab
Your tank is going to be awsome. I just bought my 100g from ATA. The owner is kinda wierd but they had the best price on the tank. What part of L.A. are you from? if you did mind me asking. :happyfish
yeah, jay is kinda weird...but he's cool. i live up in the northridge area. what part are you in?

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by KOgle
What size sump are you going to run and how much does that weigh?
im thinking about using my 135 gallon for the sump. but i dont know what it weighs....sorry.

chankanaab

I live in Inglewood..haha..Jay has his moments...I will post pics of my 100g when I complete the setup. good luck and post more pics.

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by Chankanaab
I live in Inglewood..haha..Jay has his moments...I will post pics of my 100g when I complete the setup. good luck and post more pics.
why dont you post some pics now of what you got so we can see it from begining to end. did you go with glass or acrylic?

fastazzr1

here's some pics of the stand almost done. will have it done tomorrow for sure. then ill just need some help getting the tank of the floor onto the stand.

chankanaab

I will start the Thread this weekend....I have just been lazy. All the plumbing should be done this weekend...I got acrylic with a center overflow. By the way how do you do it to post the image within your post?

renogaw

You will definitely want to leave at least 6" between the tank and the wall.
to post a pic without editing it down, upload the pic to photobucket, then edit the picture and resize it to message board size, then copy the IMG link and post it here.

fastazzr1

why would i want to leave space between the wall and the tank? its going to be enclosed when its done and all the plumbing is going through the bottom.