Pics of my new 533 gallon tank

grumpygils

Originally Posted by fastazzr1
here's some pics of the stand almost done. will have it done tomorrow for sure. then ill just need some help getting the tank of the floor onto the stand.
Are you going to put another outlet or two behind the tank. I put in two quads and it was the best thing I ever did. Also, are you plumbed for an auto top off RO/DI? Looks great!
Mc

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Are you going to put another outlet or two behind the tank. I put in two quads and it was the best thing I ever did. Also, are you plumbed for an auto top off RO/DI? Looks great!
Mc
im going to instal one quad and use surge protectors to tap into to....and i would like to install a auto top off but i dont know how....can you explain how to do that for me?
and i havent thought about where im going to get my lr....they have made it known that they have it if i need it....is that were your suggesting i get it from or do you have another suggestion?

renogaw

you can go to the big auction site and grab an automatic top off there. seems easier than trying to figure out a wiring schematic unless you're electronically adept.
if you are, i have a wiring schematic and a description on an automated waterchange setup (would be a lot easier than lugging all the water you'll need) and i can get you the link to it on my sump/fuge design thread.

grumpygils

im going to instal one quad and use surge protectors to tap into to....and i would like to install a auto top off but i dont know how....can you explain how to do that for me?
and i havent thought about where im going to get my lr....they have made it known that they have it if i need it....is that were your suggesting i get it from or do you have another suggestion?
Do you have a sink/water supply in your garage? For my auto top off, I plummed my RO unit into the garage sink and then ran the clean water hose (1/4") under the house and out the wall near the tank. I have a 3 gallon holding tank next to the refugium. The holding tank has a float that opens and trickles in RO water when low and closes when full. The refugium also has a float. When the refugium water level goes down, it trips the refugium float and a small powerhead pumps water from the holding tank to the refugium. It sounds complicated but is really not. For a tank the size of yours, an auto top off is madatory! You do have to make sure the RO/DI system you buy has a solanoid (standard with most units) that will stop pumping when the float is full.
I think if you google this site, youj will find some diagrams and stuff.
Mc

chankanaab

ATA has nice LR ..I have some other places that you can look into..give my your email since we can't post links from other sites here.

fastazzr1

renogaw....ill go to the big auction site and look for one....but if i cant find one can you get me the schematic anyway...thanx
grumpy....what word or words would i type in for the search? automatic top off or what?
chankanaab....my email adress is hollismotorsports @ yahoo.com

grumpygils

renogaw....ill go to the big auction site and look for one....but if i cant find one can you get me the schematic anyway...thanx
grumpy....what word or words would i type in for the search? automatic top off or what?
chankanaab....my email adress is hollismotorsports@yahoo.com

I think they changed the search engine so it is too broad. STart a thread in the DIY forum. "Need PICs of Full auto top off Sytems PLEASE!!!". Some body will respond with what you need. If no responses, I could take PICs of mine, but it will be a while.
Mc

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by grumpygils
I think they changed the search engine so it is too broad. STart a thread in the DIY forum. "Need PICs of Full auto top off Sytems PLEASE!!!". Some body will respond with what you need. If no responses, I could take PICs of mine, but it will be a while.
Mc
thanx for you help...

chilwil84

post over to the diy section about auto top offs scsinet (quint avitar) should be able to help you out whatever way you go nice setup i need to learn how to weld i am a carpenter so i like a wood look but a tube steel structure under would knock down a lot aof weight in the stand and open up the inside some more

chankanaab

chankanaab....my email adress is hollismotorsports @ yahoo.com
You got mail. Sent you the links...hope it helps you out.

fastazzr1

its been awhile since my last post but i've been trying to finish the sump....its my frist time building one....so here's some pics of the sump....the asm g4x skimmer....and the pump for the closed loop system....let me know what you think....next the rest of the legs will go on and the upper braces also.