pictures of my 210

fishking

Originally posted by fishking
also anyone no what anenome the one in pic 11 is and also does the purple coral in pic nine need food

anyone know?

nm reef

Nice size display...looks good. I was thinking my new 100 was big...but man I'd like to be able to go larger. Keep us posted as you develop yours...looks to me like you are off to a great start.

donmgicwon

29 inches deep and the ftank is facing my front door and is against the wall by my steps, im kinda neasy about it beginng over 2000 pounds, i feel like one day its going to cracsh down to my basement

Over 2500 lbs. at least. I would be woried too. What kind of floor do you have? I-joists, dimensional lumber or floor trusses? What about Beams, engineered laminated or just 2x? How old is your house?
I wouldn't worry any more about adding LR than I would how it is already. 10 lbs. of LR displaces about 1 gal. (8.25lbs) of water, IE 100 lbs of LR would only weigh about 20 lbs more than without.

viper_930

anyone know?

What anemone? Do you mean in pic number 7?
BTW, excellent tank. I wish I could have one that big.:joy:

fishking

donmgicwon- i dont really no to much about constrution so i wouldnt no what i have ill post a picture of the floor below it.
Magic_Carp- there is probably about 1-2 inches of sand, about 20 fish( 4 gobies, three percula clowns, one brown scopas tag, one blonde naso tang, one yellow tang, one sohal tang and the rest are damesels), its been up for 5 months, about 120 pounds of lr, right now my lights are two 36" 2x96 pc and two 36" 30w standard flourescents, on monday im going to get a MH with 3 175w MH bulbs and 2x96 pc bulbs, the tank is approximately 72 inches long, 27-28inches deep, and 12 inches wide, i have a turbo berlin classic as my skimmerand i have two power heads, a rio 2400 and a powerhead 802( plan to get one more rio) i also have a fluval 304 just for the heck of it. to top things off all my eletrical equitment are hooked up to 2 three prong outlets:scared: plan to divert some power to other outlets via extention cord

donmgicwon

1st thing with those dims. it only comes to 110 gallons. Either way its WAY TOO MUCH for that location. While a 220 would be the same PSF because it would be 24" wide you have that tank being held up by joist hangers. IMO you picked the worst spot in your house to put it. I would seriously consider moving it. I'm not trying to scare you but I do know a lot about house construction. Maybe there is an engineer on this site who could give another opinion but I'm afraid it will be the same. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

fishking

Originally posted by donmgicwon
1st thing with those dims. it only comes to 110 gallons. Either way its WAY TOO MUCH for that location. While a 220 would be the same PSF because it would be 24" wide you have that tank being held up by joist hangers. IMO you picked the worst spot in your house to put it. I would seriously consider moving it. I'm not trying to scare you but I do know a lot about house construction. Maybe there is an engineer on this site who could give another opinion but I'm afraid it will be the same. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

those dims are estimates and i highly doubt i would be able to move the tank even with the water out, would i be able to have a construction guy come in and put support beams in

donmgicwon

You can call a good general contractor in your area who will come out and look at your situation. He should be able to give you a better evaluation in person. Let us know what you find out. I have a feeling your not the first (and won't be the last) to make this mistake, Especially with all the 13 year olds that appear to be out there. I KEED, I KEED.:hilarious :jumping: :hilarious :D :hilarious :hilarious :jumping: :D :hilarious

h2oengr

Gotta agree that more LR is necessary. To me, having a small tank with lots of crevices, nooks and crannies is more exciting and can harbor more interesting species than having a massive goliath like that.

Now, don't get me wrong! It sure looks great!

fishking

Originally posted by donmgicwon
You can call a good general contractor in your area who will come out and look at your situation. He should be able to give you a better evaluation in person. Let us know what you find out. I have a feeling your not the first (and won't be the last) to make this mistake, Especially with all the 13 year olds that appear to be out there. I KEED, I KEED.:hilarious :jumping: :hilarious :D :hilarious :hilarious :jumping: :D :hilarious

well my dad is the kinda of person whos is like "oh thats a waste of money we can do it ourselves"