Playoff baseball thread

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///forum/thread/381012/playoff-baseball-thread/80#post_3321507
it was too perfect that a rod was the final out.i was sitting next to my yankee fan friend for the game.yankee fans should be embarrassed for this last game.walking hamilton ,really 4 times?then walking another runner to load the bases with one out?its like they wanted to lose.
it dont matter who the rangers play in the series these guys are pumped up.
TRUE...as a Yankees fan I am very disappointed and disgusted at the way things turned out.....not just this....the last month of the season....because of some dumb ass decisions by "management" we ended up with nothing.....we should have at least got our division (we could have too), but someone thought the playoffs were more important

we played like crap this series...and deserved to lose....I love the YANKEES...I will always be a BIG fan regardless....I think we have more talent, but the Rangers had their hearts in it more

deejeff442

my friend was saying the same thing last night.he said they played bad for the last two months.but he said hey if we won every year nobody would want to play us.we have our fire station bbq today so he smokes the meat and he brought his portable satellite dish and 27 in ch flat screen to watch the game.plus stuck a yankee flag in the ground.but he took it good.i dont mind the yankee team winning as much as they do but i also love the underdogs especially when i live 35 miles from where they play.go rangers cliff lee game one .

u mike

that is right giants baseball is torture. i am so sorry you had to sit in the rain and be tortured by your home team. make sure you watch tonight if you can handle some more pain.

lets go phils !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMartini
http:///forum/thread/381012/playoff-baseball-thread/80#post_3321268
Of course not! Bc that would make me a phillies fan... We wave orange things lol
You guys got lucky! We gave you those runs.
Why did I expect it to end today anyway? I forgot that Giants baseball is torture lol and to top it off, it was freezing and raining at the park annnd my garlic fries were soggy... all bad omens!
Saturday is the day we WIN!!

gemmy

The Phillies lost. Congrats (as much as it pains me) to the Giants.
I will also be pulling for the Rangers.

monsinour

what happened to the yanks? LOL Still cant buy a championship. This shows how much i follow baseball. I guess its the giants vs the rangers. Should be interesting to see 2 teams that havent been to the big dance in a long time (giants) versus a team that has never been there (rangers). I am still a honorary rangers fan.

reefraff

Giants took out Philly? Good deal. Sure the network hates the fact it's western teams in the series but it's good to see the yanks nor the phills are in the series. Don't follow BB much any more but those are two teams I still dislike to this day. As I California native I can't believe I'd be pulling for Texas but as a Dodger fan growing up it's a religious thing, YOU NEVER ROOT FOR THE GIANTS!!!

deejeff442

looks like the rangers have alot more support than the giants do.we had a storm here yesterday and it blew out my satellite dish.better have it fixed for game one.cannot wait to see cliff lee slap the giants around.

deejeff442

nolan really seems like a great guy.looks like the player really like playing for the new owners.maybe the cowboys will be good again when jerry leaves or dies.i just dont see the giants beating the rangers.this team just has everything there is right now.i am really worried that the yankees are going to get cliff lee next year.they need to put some salary caps in this league.not sur steiny jr. will spend mony like pops did.

deejeff442

eh hello nolan has been with the team for quite a while .pitching coach.eveyone here hates hicks the old owner almost as much as jerry jones.no way this team would be in the series if hicks was still around .hicks was just out for himself.the team was for sale for a long time before the bankruptcy but ahole hicks would not sell more than 49% .nobody wanted to deal with him.

deejeff442

the stores around here cant keep the ranger shirts and caps on the shelves.pretty cool everyone jumped on the bandwagon.this town is ranger crazy.now the rangers need to hit the giants pitching.those jerry curl bearded pitchers are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///forum/thread/381012/playoff-baseball-thread#post_3317014
National League Division Series
Phillies over Reds in 4 games
Braves over Giants in 5 games
American League Division Series
Yankees over Twins in 4 games
Rays over Rangers in 5 games
NLDS
Phillies over Braves in 6 games
Rays over Yankees in 7 games
World Series
Philadelphia Phillies over Tampa Bay Rays in six games.
Roy Halladay World Series MVP
This is why I don't gamble
haha