Posidens 29 Cube

posiden

Well, I have finally pulled the trigger and started a thread on my tank. I have wanted too for quite some time.
The tank is a 29 gallon Bio Cube. I am still running the stock hood and lighting. I am currently running a ATS for the filtration, nothing more. At one point there was the Bio Cube skimmer on it but I only ran it for about 2 months. The tank has been skimmerless for the rest of the time. The tank is now about a year and a half old. I'll have to dig around to find the purchase date. I am still a newbi if you will to the world of saltwater aquariums. This is my first tank. It will not be my last, that's for sure.
For the last 8 months I have been doing a "forced" re-model of my kitchen, living room, dinning room, and hallway. Previous owners of the hous did some reflooring work and just over layed the old flooring. So, when my dishwasher decided to leak it just kinda went under before it showed its ugly head.
Anyway I am on the down slope of that, all I have is essentually trim work to do.
Since the re-model I have been a bit pre-ocupied, I have done all the work myself with no help.
It is time now, to get down to brass tacks and get my tank in order. I just re-scapped the tank yesterday. I like it more now then before. Which is a good thing.
I have had Aptasia pop up about two months ago and I just haven't had time to get down and dirty with it. So, please bare with me on that and the HA that has come on due to neglect. I believe that this is still the tail end of the new tank algae bloom. I was never able to get on top of it because the tank was moved from its orignal spot, and then I was foced to move it again when the water damage hit.
In my next post I will have the pics of the tank.

posiden

These are just some random coral shots;
These are freebies. There was a coral skeliton here. Then one day it started to grow.

Green zoas, a gift from a friends tank.

Some polyps, another gift from the same person.

One of my Harlequins, I don't know where her mate is.

My newist coral. I got it today. In the pic it has been in the tank for about 20mins. So, that is why it is a bit pissed.

posiden

There is some more but I have to take the pics.
So there it is. I am going to go get me a pepermint shrimp or two tomorrow. I have been waiting for the Berghi for over a month now. I can't wait any longer. So the pepermints will have to do.
Thanks for looking. Any ideas or advice, I am happy to hear from everyone.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Posiden
http:///forum/post/3156661
WOW, you are fast.

Are you expecting the peppermints to eat all that aptasia?
That's a lot....
Tank looks good when you picture it w/o the unwanted stuff..LOL
I like the colors of you new coral too

posiden

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3156667

Are you expecting the peppermints to eat all that aptasia?
That's a lot....
Tank looks good when you picture it w/o the unwanted stuff..LOL
I like the colors of you new coral too

Thanks,
No, I am going to help them out a bit. It used to be worse.
I have gone through almost half abottle of Aptasia-X. They will help me out though.
I am going to get hard core on the tank now that I have some extra time to get some things done.
The new coral will or should show you a little suprise when it puffs up fully. It has an orange rim on it.
I will post more pics tomorrow after the X treatment.

nissan577

Lets call the tank Aptasia city

looking really good bro! gotta take care of the ap fast. but other then that amazing!

posiden

Ya know it might be better not to treat them. Just let the peps do the work. I don't want to kill the shrimp due to them eating the Aptaisa treatment.
Does anyone see a problem with me treating them along with the shrimp addition tomorrow?

posiden

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3156684
Lets call the tank Aptasia city

looking really good bro! gotta take care of the ap fast. but other then that amazing!

Thank you!!.
That means a lot to me that you like it.

http:///forum/post/3156685
I thought the Ap-x Treated the WHOLE tank????
Nope, it is a 1 by 1 treatment. Tricky since when they are scared they retract and release spores into the water giving you more then you started with. They are like roaches.

meowzer

AHHHH....So you treat each aptasia....all this time I thought it was a tank treatment
LOL..I have ONE in my 225G...treated it with lemon juice...THOUGHT I got the sucker...saw it the other day :( It was gone for 2 WEEKS too...so we did the lemon juice again....this time it was gome for 3 days :(..... I guess I should get something else...what's better....the Joe's Juice...or Aptasia X???

posiden

http:///forum/post/3156689
AHHHH....So you treat each aptasia....all this time I thought it was a tank treatment
LOL..I have ONE in my 225G...treated it with lemon juice...THOUGHT I got the sucker...saw it the other day :( It was gone for 2 WEEKS too...so we did the lemon juice again....this time it was gome for 3 days :(..... I guess I should get something else...what's better....the Joe's Juice...or Aptasia X???

%%Before I knew my a s s from a hole in the ground I use to use vingar. Then I found out, to be real carfull doing that. It is a carbon source. I would do it again but I don't run a skimmer and due to the size of the infestation the amount needed might put white slime all over the tank.
The X has done some good. The bigger ones have had to be treated twice and some of them have yet come back. I and you will have to go at it again i guess.
Hey, I thought you had peps in all your tanks????What gives on that?

cherylann

Make sure you get some decent sized pepperment, as they have hard time eating very large aptasia. Joes juice doesn't really work or least it did not work for me and my problems was not as serious as yours. Secondly make sure they are peppermint sprimp, as I got camal shrimp from Dr. Fosters. Three ought to do it and don't feed the tank for three days or so as they become pigs for fish food, and while your at it you might want some Astera snails good alge eaters. Nice tank though.

meowzer

Originally Posted by Posiden
http:///forum/post/3156694
Before I knew my a s s from a hole in the ground I use to use vingar. Then I found out, to be real carfull doing that. It is a carbon source. I would do it again but I don't run a skimmer and due to the size of the infestation the amount needed might put white slime all over the tank.
The X has done some good. The bigger ones have had to be treated twice and some of them have yet come back. I and you will have to go at it again i guess.
Hey, I thought you had peps in all your tanks????What gives on that?
I DO
Maybe that's why out of 3 tanks I only have 1 aptasia in my 225

posiden

Originally Posted by cherylann
http:///forum/post/3156698
Make sure you get some decent sized pepperment, as they have hard time eating very large aptasia. Joes juice doesn't really work or least it did not work for me and my problems was not as serious as yours. Secondly make sure they are peppermint sprimp, as I got camal shrimp from Dr. Fosters. Three ought to do it and don't feed the tank for three days or so as they become pigs for fish food, and while your at it you might want some Astera snails good alge eaters. Nice tank though.

Thank you. I will try to find and get the biggest ones in the bunch. So you think I need three of them?? I guess I can take one back when the population gets under controll right? Or do I need that many all the time to keep them in check?
I have some Astera snails in there now. Maybe I will grab a couple more tomorrow too.

posiden

http:///forum/post/3156705
I DO
Maybe that's why out of 3 tanks I only have 1 aptasia in my 225

Well rub it in my face why don't you.

I know my tank is in need of help right now.
just jokeing around.