Project 300 is underway!!!

daceman89

thanks for the info and by the way your setup is looking great, cant wait to see with the lights on And all the corals open

ctgretzky9

wooohooo!
Looks great Rob! I like the little side veiw window...that was a good idea.
I have a q, for my future plans....I see you put all the livestock in...are you afraid now during the sanding, painting (fumes) etc that contaminants are going to get into the water?
My biggest fear about any future plans is that I wanted to get EVERYTHING done before i put anything in the tank...
Do you cover it? thanks!

robchuck

I'm not too worried about finishing the rest of the project with the livestock in the tank. In my opinion, they are safer in the tank while work is going on than they would have been in the tubs where there was much more exposure to construction debris. Ideally, I would have liked to have everything completed before moving the livestock in, but since they were in open tubs, I felt this was the best course of action.
The tank came with acrylic covers to virtually seal it off, but other than hanging the lights, everything inside of the fishroom is complete. The areas where the trim is going has already been sanded, so I'll get that up soon to seal off the tank before any sanding or painting goes on. The viewing room and the fishroom are well-ventilated, so I'm not concerned about paint fumes.

ctgretzky9

cool Rob...I got ya.
I was worried that the fumes from me staining some trim for my basement, out in the garage was going to somehow get into the tank since I could detect a bit of odor inside the house!
So when I saw your post I was worried for ya lol...
Looking good so far Rob, can't wait to see the end result!

thejdshow

I have watched this project develope and it what an outcome!.. I cant wait to see the final shot... The view window was an awsome idea. Well done!

junkiebeas

I'm Speachless. I'll just wait till the projet is done to unload on coments. Great job you put together Rob. I'll just wait.

getit

It looks better than good, IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been searching the threads here lately waiting to see the finished setup. I can only imagine how beautiful your tank is going to be. I am currently trying to setup a 75g and I just don't know where to begin. Right now I am stumped on what lighting to get. I was going with PC's only at first but as I read more threads... I am leaning more towards a combo unit, JEBO makes a 48" 384w halide/pc combo 2x20,000K halide HQI 150w and 4x21w T-5 actinics for approx. $500. I'm just really undecided what I should do.
Enough about my situation, I'm really happy for you and wish you the best!

robchuck

Originally posted by getit
It looks better than good, IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been searching the threads here lately waiting to see the finished setup. I can only imagine how beautiful your tank is going to be. I am currently trying to setup a 75g and I just don't know where to begin. Right now I am stumped on what lighting to get. I was going with PC's only at first but as I read more threads... I am leaning more towards a combo unit, JEBO makes a 48" 384w halide/pc combo 2x20,000K halide HQI 150w and 4x21w T-5 actinics for approx. $500. I'm just really undecided what I should do.
Enough about my situation, I'm really happy for you and wish you the best!

Thanks!
As far as your lighting scenario goes, I would suggest that JEBO unit. It's not the best built unit, but overall, the light quality is good, and it beats fluorescent lighting any day of the week.

robchuck

Assuming there are no major setbacks, I should have the lighting running by the end of the night. Progress has been slow this week, and will continue to be slow for another week or two (we're heading out to the west coast tomorrow through Sunday). Hopefully, I'll be able to post pics of a fully lit tank shortly.

robchuck

I got the lighting hung and turned on last night and the chiller installed. I was able to snap a few pictures, so here they are!

robchuck

I've tried posting the photos a couple of times, but I get a database error each time. I PROMISE I HAVE THE PICS!!! :D

robchuck

I'm heading out of town for a few days in a few hours, so it's looking bleak for a photo update here today. I'm afraid to find out what "OR ELSE" means! :eek:
I'll try again in a few hours.