Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

acrylic51

Originally Posted by FishStix4u
wow.... enough said.. can i ask why the egg crates under the sand?
Sorry pic alittle deceiving.....The egg crate stops where the sand begins......I never place my rock directly on the glass, because of the inevitable slides that happen from time to time, and the egg crate keeps the rock up off the bottom allows IMO good flow under everything......Plus I think it becomes a problem with low flow on the bottom and rock sitting(buried in sand)......It's always worked for me and some things you just continue to do.......

fishstix4u

actually i like that idea very much... just one more thing to add to the list that i know now and wish i knew then... like foam between the tank and stand.... dont have any of that either...
you live, you learn, then you buy luvs.....

sleasia

Wow!!! Its amazingly great!!!nice job...and thank you too for all you do for not just me but for everyone....also I see you are putting egg crate under the sand...I'm going to do this too...scinet told me to I think...

acrylic51

Thanks.......alittle unhappy with 2 spots, but really not noticeable unless you know exactly where to look.....It's really bad, when you build and finish it, because your eye always goes to those spot.......I have a little more buffing to do, I love the wet look, so I'll keep buffing till it's almost glass or my wife says "enough"......She's got more projects for me.........

saltn00b

yea i know what you mean , when you build it , you always see the imperfections and other people cant see it if you point at it

dual45s

Wow, too bad I don't have a tank/corals yet. Where do you guys in PA get all your equipment? I'm out in the State College area.

sleasia

I don't see those two spots anywhere!!! So this means if you always have people over in the 40 club and above...their eyesight at this point is messed up enough that they will never be able to see them...so nothing to worry about. the only people who will see them are kids. kids like spots on furniture, they manufacture them.

acrylic51

Hey I'm soon to be pushing that "40" club!!!!!!
Just a number......It's not really that bad.....Just when I applied the first coat of poly it lifted some of the stain........1 spot is on the open side of the tank on the left, and the other is the bottom molding piece far right of tank at the bottom... Kinda has a distressed look to it.......
Kids know better than to even touch my tank. That is 1 rule that is established early on in my house.....My 15yr olds friends like to rough house it a bit at parties.....I had 2 boys decide to wrestle at the last party, and 1 of the boys finally was planted in the drywall next to my tank in the family room..........Their parents wanted to pay for the damages and for me to hire a contractor, but I refused their offer to pay for the damages and insisted that they make the boys come over ever Sunday and help me fix the damages till it was complete.....Needless to say their parents were shocked and sent them right away.......The 1 kid was super and actually seemed to hae a knack for drywall finishing, and still to this day every week he calls to see if I have anything going on that I need help with.......Great kid!!!!!! :thinking: As long as he stays off my drywall!!!!!!

sleasia

Hmm, I better take lessons from you....when my 15 yr old daughter went flying down the stairs shown in alot of my pics, her knee went through the drywall....she was afraid her father would have a fit so I just stood a large picture up against the wall in front of it until he was away at a conference and fixed it myself....this was three years ago...he never found out.

acrylic51

Sorry for the lag.....Started transferring rock over and such last night...We all know how the rock thing goes.....you get it in and then you come up with another idea so you start tinkering around with your formation......Have to talk to my buddy about getting alittle more base rock for some of the foundation work.......
Did get the acrylic rod for pinning if needed.....Might hunt and see if I can find me some nice flat shelf rock, still tinkering with some ideas though.....will post some pics when I get my hands dry enough to take some.....I keep playing with the water ports under the rockwork from the oceansmotions.....
Hey Nikki did you get the email with the price yesterday?

crox

Originally Posted by sleasia
Hmm, I better take lessons from you....when my 15 yr old daughter went flying down the stairs shown in alot of my pics, her knee went through the drywall....she was afraid her father would have a fit so I just stood a large picture up against the wall in front of it until he was away at a conference and fixed it myself....this was three years ago...he never found out.
Your girls are bad!!!LOL And so are you!!

cymbal67

this is the first time a saw this thread. holy cow, man!!! quite a project you have going there!!!! cant wait to see it when its done!!!!!!
awesome!!!

fishstix4u

hey shawn dont know if you got my last email but i am having a verizon issue probbably take a few days to straigten out. just change the server to yahoo.com to get me.... and for god sakes man how bout some pictures.... im dieing over here! and no one said how the swap was!

acrylic51

Sorry about the verizon issues, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that has issues with them......Sometimes I just want to get rid of them......
The swap was pretty good.....I didn't get a chance to meet Psusocr1 who was there also.....We got there about the same time, and left about the same time, but didn't actually run into each other......Decent crowd, I expected a bigger turn out, but got to meet some really good people.....Sanjay was there and got to get some good info on lighting......His work and effort he puts into the hobby is just amazing........
I will be taking pics here shortly.....Had a spare backup heater I was using in my mixing vats go nuts and short out.....Just bought the dang thing Monday.....Figure junky stealth heaters....Luckily I caught I caught it; well my daughter did and it did cost me a mixing vat, but I'd readily replace a vat than see my garage or house go up in smoke.......But will have some pics....Problem is I start placing and then get off the ladder and smoke a cigarette and go back and move things around....I can't just leave my hands off of it.......

psusocr1

next swap is only 5 minutes from my house, hope everyoen is going to go and ill actually get to meet you this time.. But i have a feeling that might be a HIKE for you acrylic!