Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

acrylic51

Originally Posted by fishytime
*standing here with lower jaw bone on da floor* WOW! Didnt have time to read all the posts but did you ever get your lighting bulkhead door issue solved> There is a piece of cabinet hardware called "lid stays" which are a kind of tensioned hinge.
Any pics or links?

saltn00b

hey acrylic , sorry to interrupt your thread but i had a question about CLS:
if i am going to use a DART on a 150g tank, the outlet is 1.5" and i was going to run it up to the top of the tank to a manifold ring. what do you think would be the ideal outlet sizes? the ring , or figure 8 shape manifold, will have reducing Tees, maybe 6 - 8 outlets total. i am thinking of just having the 1" pipe coming down into the tank, with 45 degree angles for 'nozzles'. or should i reduce much more with locline?

acrylic51

My friends tried talking me into cutting a hole in the kitchen floor so we could drop it down into the family room since we couldn't make it down the stairs.....Divorce was the first thing that crossed my mind..... :thinking:
It's always a thougth, but you have to think are you planning in staying in your home for a long period? It could possible take away from the homes value if the new buyers aren't into fish tanks.....I had thought about taking out the wall between my garage and the stairs leading to the family, but was advised on the depriciation of the property, so I just took over the garage since we never park in it......

acrylic51

Originally Posted by saltn00b
hey acrylic , sorry to interrupt your thread but i had a question about CLS:
if i am going to use a DART on a 150g tank, the outlet is 1.5" and i was going to run it up to the top of the tank to a manifold ring. what do you think would be the ideal outlet sizes? the ring , or figure 8 shape manifold, will have reducing Tees, maybe 6 - 8 outlets total. i am thinking of just having the 1" pipe coming down into the tank, with 45 degree angles for 'nozzles'. or should i reduce much more with locline?
1" would be the smallest I'd drop........I'd stay at 1.5 as long as possible and reduce only at the end, so your thinking would be correct......

acrylic51

Thanks......still isn't complete yet....still waiting ideas on how to attach front cover for lighting still looking for ideas and still have to finish off tiling a section of the fishroom viewing area, and have the wood flooring layed, but need to decided if I'm going to remove a section of it and put in my dedicated frag tank in the sitting area as well?????
My wife doesn't know about the frag tank idea yet
Maybe she'll have to go on a shopping trip 1 weekend with her sister

reefeel

I attached my front with eye hooks and it works pretty good. Here are some pictures to help give you ideas

acrylic51

Are they eye hooks or something on the line of pinch catches or pinch rollers......I've thought about the pinch catches, but leary of an 8' panel hanging above the tank just on those things........The access panel will be constructed like a torsion panel, so there won't we any twisting or warping going on, so it won't just be a 3/4" piece of wood 8' long......

reefeel

I guess they would be considered to be more like pinch rollers. I had more doors cut in half so my doors are only 4ft. My door/window for my eels tank weighs alot .5in acrylic and .5 in plywood and trim. You could use eight of them, one every two feet which should be able to hold it well.

a&a2

Just curious----how much do you think you will have wrapped up in it?
Man! I am so jealous!!!!!!!! ***)

acrylic51

Originally Posted by reefeel
I guess they would be considered to be more like pinch rollers. I had more doors cut in half so my doors are only 4ft. My door/window for my eels tank weighs alot .5in acrylic and .5 in plywood and trim. You could use eight of them, one every two feet which should be able to hold it well.
I might look at them again.....The only issue is that I can only mount them on the top part of the panel.....I don't have any framing on the area closest to the top of the tank........Do you still think it's doable?????

acrylic51

Originally Posted by A&A2
Just curious----how much do you think you will have wrapped up in it?
Man! I am so jealous!!!!!!!! ***)
For the hole project probably an easy $30k for finishing off the garage and all the tank stuff combined, heating and a/c as well, all the electrical work if done by a contractor would have been outrageous.......

reefeel

I didn't have an area to attach it either so I stapled in an area to attach the rollers to. If you take a look at the first picture you can see how I had to attach it.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by reefeel
I didn't have an area to attach it either so I stapled in an area to attach the rollers to. If you take a look at the first picture you can see how I had to attach it.
Which pic can you give me a link........