Project you can't have...

rotarymagic

can't post any pics till I get the rock right. I have to go through about 150lbs of liverock to make sure I get it just how I want.

rotarymagic

I just got done eating the juj-y fruits and sweettars that came in the box with my glassholes stuff lol... funny guys. the instructions are worth a laugh too. They ship fast and package right.. would definitely buy again!

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2844109
sounds good man, cant wait to see this thing all set up with the lights on :p
I'm workin on budget ballering me a light.. I'm trying to get a jbj k2 viper 70w model for like $50 or $75 used hahahaha.

rotarymagic

Will that bubble trap/divider that holds carbon work or will I just get a nasty layer of water at the top of the left side of the sump?
probably gonna use two float switches... bottom one that when tripped shuts off flow, but is normally open and flows while not tripped and the top one that shuts off the ATO system if tripped.
I'm also kinda stumped about the back flow issues generated by the return pump and such... I'm using the glass holes return so if its high enough, won't only like 2 inches of water (if that) back siphon? I have a locline wye that comes off the return and two flared ends on locline off this wye so basically once the water is drained out of the locline, the siphon is broken. I guess I could toss in a checkvalve..

mboswell1982

ok, im definitely gonna have to see pics of thsi man, but it does look pretty simplistic, so its definitely doable, ill just use a 10g tank instead of the 5.5 lol
now on mine, im putting the sump/fuge directly behind the tank, think a mag 5 will work on that?

rotarymagic

stuff... my desk is a mess.. I ate the candy that came in the box before I even got everything out..what a pig I am. Lighting sucks, got a highwattage CFL light above lol.. my camera phone FTL.
If I could have done it again, I wouldn't have ordered another 1/2 spigot for the return.. their return kit comes with one... it didn't have it listed though in the kit oh well better to pay an extra 2 bucks then 2 bucks+12shipping by not ordering together lol.
I ordered an extra 6sections of locline, but probably won't need them. Just incase though.

mboswell1982

definitely lookin forward to seein pics of this once u got it set up, i can work much better from pics of something than diagrams, unless its hydraulic hose systems LOL

rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2844400
ok, im definitely gonna have to see pics of thsi man, but it does look pretty simplistic, so its definitely doable, ill just use a 10g tank instead of the 5.5 lol
now on mine, im putting the sump/fuge directly behind the tank, think a mag 5 will work on that?
you need it below the tank... to use gravity to run the drain.
if you haven't any real headloss... make sure you get the 700gph one.. I was planning on alot of headloss and the super nano only flows 250gph so with all the return stuff and it having the wye and locline, it should for alot of headloss make hahaha.

mboswell1982

so if i dont go with ur design, can i have a regular sump/fuge directly behind the tank? cause thats kinda what we were plannin on doin is puttin it directly behind the tank, i can always find a way to elevate the tank but, hmmmm, that is something to think about there, dangit, they need a thinking smiley LOL
whats that species of goby u like so much? i wanna find em see if we like them over the ones we're lookin at lol

rotarymagic

http:///forum/post/2844411
so if i dont go with ur design, can i have a regular sump/fuge directly behind the tank? cause thats kinda what we were plannin on doin is puttin it directly behind the tank, i can always find a way to elevate the tank but, hmmmm, that is something to think about there, dangit, they need a thinking smiley LOL
you gotta have gravity to run the drain.. that's what I'm telling you
unless you want to use a ghetto CPR aquatics HOB (I hate my aquafuge2 with the skimmer, don't ever buy the model with the skimmer... the cpr built-in skimmer sucks!!!) with that pump that always gets clogged with algae and crud..and it never skims consistently.

mboswell1982

ok, back to the drawing board on the stand, gotta find some way to elevate the tank, and still be able to put the sump behind it, hmmmmmmmmmm, how far above the sump should the tank be? would 6 inches be enough? or does it need to be a couple feet above it? i could always turn the desk around and put the sump n that space under it, or even leave it like it is and build a door across the front of it with hinges, that way we can still use the drawers lol

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by cal559
http:///forum/post/2844420
Nice tank...when u gonna have sw and lr in there?
probably this weekend provided that the guy drilling my tank doesn't decide to back out or do something else instead lol..
I probably won't have a light on it this weekend, but chances of having it at least drilled w/ overflow& return installed as well as the back either having the black adhesive background or painted are VERY HIGH.
I may even get all the plumbing done and have the sump more or less operational.
I'm trading a guy a UV sterilizer for an aquamedic peristatic pump and a mag5. LOL... still lookin for that $75 used k2 viper 70w lamp, I know it exists somewhere out there hahaha.