Project you can't have...

rebelprettyboy

I wanna build me a turf scrubber for my 14 gal. But I suck at DIY...
Someone in that thread made a nice one for his biocube. Now if only I could do that as well itd be awesome!

rotarymagic

So I ended up stabbing myself yesterday pretty badly while hot knifing the edge of the plastic bin I bought to make it fit.. gotta finish that and then I can take pics lol... I definitely caught up on sleep though since I didn't sleep the night before while I was doing a paper.
I still need a mag5..

rotarymagic

hell no.. I'd rather bleed to death than do that. stitches are for wussies.
If any stitching goes on though, it'll be me stitching...me.. hahaha.

snakeblitz33

I agree with Rotary - I've never gotton stitched, even though I should have on several occasions.
Glad to see I'm not the only one! Good luck on your turf filter.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2851216
I agree with Rotary - I've never gotton stitched, even though I should have on several occasions.
Glad to see I'm not the only one! Good luck on your turf filter.
yeah its started spraying twice again (my hand) so I had to septic powder it each time..usually after taking a shower and rubbing a towel over the hand or if I was handling something rough. Right now I have a cotton ball on it with some tape around my hand to keep pressure on it..
I do have a bottle of jack daniels handy in case I need to do some self stitching.

rotarymagic

No pics.. sorry.. I'm ashamed to take pics right now lol..
still no return pump, I guess I may just have to order one new.. I'll check some LFSs first though..
I need to find a way to mount the 8inch clamp lamp to light the scrubber...
I really don't want to fab a PVC stand, but I guess I may have to do that...

I also need to find the least ghetto way to hang my MH pendant over the tank without using the ceiling.. any suggestions?

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2852675
what'd u clean it with? i prefer rubbing alcohol followed by betadine, followed by a few good slugs of wild turkey LOL
I used rubbing alcohol... filled it with neosporin... put a cotton ball over it incase it leaked and wrapped it in skin tape around my hand.

rotarymagic

Pic1: B&W misbarred ocellaris clowns
Pic2: $30 Cocoworm (relatively cheap) and $75 Yellow Assessor (relatively cheap)
Pic3: A close up of the Cocoworm, it is starting to get coralline on the tube..definite awesome since I just got it saturday

there are all currently in my 20long.
yeah there is some salt water residue on the exterior of the glass and I haven't scraped in the inside in a month lol.. ALSO, the pics are shot with my dinky 2MP camera.

mboswell1982

dude, i love those clowns, they're more unique, imo, than the standard b&w clowns, are the misbarred anymore expensive than the standard?