PUPPIES! There are being born right now!

teresaq

prob the plicenta from the first pup. Not sure how long between pups it should be. does your vet not have a night number to call in case of emergancy, or questions.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/387739/puppies-there-are-being-born-right-now#post_3413826
It has been 1 hour...no number 2 ( it was something else...yuck)...is she okay? This late I have no vet,...
That sometimes is really not a long time between pups, but how is she acting? Does she seem like she is still in labor? If you look can you see any crowning of another puppy? I know when my female husky had pups I had to help her birth them, she was young and was her first litter and she had a hard time pushing them out. Also, she had 2 pups, then stopped for an hour, had 2 more then stopped for 12 hours and had 3 more. So I dunno, your vet doesn't have and emergency phone number you can call?
Oh and make sure Atticus is not where she is delivering sometimes Female dogs do not like the males where they are delivering.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///t/387739/puppies-there-are-being-born-right-now#post_3413836
That sometimes is really not a long time between pups, but how is she acting? Does she seem like she is still in labor? If you look can you see any crowning of another puppy? I know when my female husky had pups I had to help her birth them, she was young and was her first litter and she had a hard time pushing them out. Also, she had 2 pups, then stopped for an hour, had 2 more then stopped for 12 hours and had 3 more. So I dunno, your vet doesn't have and emergency phone number you can call?
Oh and make sure Atticus is not where she is delivering sometimes Female dogs do not like the males where they are delivering.
LOL...she banned Atticus to the back yard...her growl meant business...he isn't even begging to come in.
She is on puppy number two licking away. I think she will be fine
LOL...I come back to the computer and realized I forgot to hit submit...puppy number three has arrived.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/387739/puppies-there-are-being-born-right-now#post_3413859
LOL...she banned Atticus to the back yard...her growl meant business...he isn't even begging to come in.
She is on puppy number two licking away. I think she will be fine
LOL...I come back to the computer and realized I forgot to hit submit...puppy number three has arrived.
Yes and male dog know when the female mean business. LOL .. Yes just give her time and observer her and make sure she is having them ok and not having a problem. If she should need help all you do is grab the paws that are out and gently pull downward to help get the puppy out. and if she is not getting the sack off the puppy in a timely fashion you can also help her with that by just popping it with your thumb and pointer finger making sure to get it away from its face. Good Luck Flower how exciting for you.. =)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///t/387739/puppies-there-are-being-born-right-now#post_3413927
Hey Flower, how did everything go last night. Did you get any sleep??
T
Good morning...This is effort number two. My computer decided to freeze.
I have 10 puppies, I think she is finished, I gave up at 2:30 this morning after puppy number 8 was born, she was so tired. When the vet took the original images, they were faint and the vet wanted to double check with another image that was supposed to be today at 3:00. So now I will take the entire brood to her and let her make sure no unborn puppies remain and that all the puppies are well.
I will try and get the pictures loaded and posted.

flower

Update w/ Pictures
First puppy

2 more puppies

8 puppies and we are all tired

This morning

Questions:
How long do I keep Atticus away from the mom and puppies?
How do I get mom to go out and releave herself?...She keeps running back to the pups.
Will the mom move the puppies if we handle them? (I want to know how many girls and how many boys)
Who want to take a guess at it?
# of boys
# of Girls

al&burke

6 boys
4 girls
They are so cute Flower - don't know about bringing the father around though - might upset mummy a bit, she has been through a lot.

ironeagle2006

Mommy will take care of herself Dogs have been doing this for Thousands of years. Just let her do what she needs to do. She will be fine. Do not worry about her. Also increase the feed if possible she will need it alot. Have fun.