Question about shipping for the 32.99 Free Reef Package

sparty059

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381949/question-about-shipping-for-the-32-99-free-reef-package#post_3330476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty059
http:///forum/thread/381949/question-about-shipping-for-the-32-99-free-reef-package#post_3330475
Well I WOULD think that... HOWEVER (Yes, there is ALWAYS a however), they have marine stock (live fish, corals, and inverts) in the free ship store. Not to mention, EVERYTHING you get in the reef pack is something you can purcahse within the free ship store. That's why I was under the impression that you can purchase $79.99+ of stuff in the free ship store (I was going to get frogspawn, 3 pajama cardinals, and two other thing that happen to slip my mind at the moment) and that would tally out to $85.00 which would be enough for free shipping in the free ship store (which is where I am purchasing all this from). I assumed since the snails, and clams are in the free ship store and so is a reef package, this reef package shouldn't be deemed an item that costs money to ship.
READ my post above......
Arrrg you beat me to it!

meowzer

This is from SWF...free shipping store:

Free Shipping Store

Introducing our FREE SHIPPING STORE. It's a whole new way to buy Marine Life from Saltwaterfish.com.... and save a bundle in the process.
Simply purchase $80 or more from this category and you will receive FREE SHIPPING on your ENTIRE ORDER!
So, purchase at least $80 from this Free Shipping Store, and you'll get FREE SHIPPING on all Marine Life in your cart. In order to get this extra special value, you must put the coupon code: freeship
in the coupon code area of your cart.
Because of the extraordinary value of this offer; other discounts, store credits and coupons cannot be combined with this offer. But, sale prices on Marine Life can be combined, so feel free to hunt the sales category!
We hope you enjoy this new area featuring the finest quality, selection and value in Marine Life...all with FREE SHIPPING!
Remember: Use Coupon Code: freeship

sparty059

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/381949/question-about-shipping-for-the-32-99-free-reef-package/20#post_3330479
This is from SWF...free shipping store:

Free Shipping Store

Introducing our FREE SHIPPING STORE. It's a whole new way to buy Marine Life from Saltwaterfish.com.... and save a bundle in the process.
Simply purchase $80 or more from this category and you will receive FREE SHIPPING on your ENTIRE ORDER!
So, purchase at least $80 from this Free Shipping Store, and you'll get FREE SHIPPING on all Marine Life in your cart. In order to get this extra special value, you must put the coupon code: freeship
in the coupon code area of your cart.
Because of the extraordinary value of this offer; other discounts, store credits and coupons cannot be combined with this offer. But, sale prices on Marine Life can be combined, so feel free to hunt the sales category!
We hope you enjoy this new area featuring the finest quality, selection and value in Marine Life...all with FREE SHIPPING!
Remember: Use Coupon Code: freeship

Eeek, I hadn't noticed that other part about the other discounts, store credits, and coupons cannot be combied with this offer.
Is that really a discount/credit/or coupon though? :(

meowzer

I don't think so Sparty.....I this it is a "sale" item....and sale items are supposed to be able to be included

meowzer

Well the special is on until MOnday.....so you have time....and if you pm'd the ones I told you too, you may get an answer sooner

scott t

You are right Sparty, once you put in the code for free shipping then the dicount for the reef Package disappears.. Well I would say that this is a special and can not be combine with the free shipping special.. I just tried just to see what would happen and once you add the freeship coupon then it does infact disappear.. so I am assuming that you can no combine it with the stuff in the free shipping store!!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///forum/thread/381949/question-about-shipping-for-the-32-99-free-reef-package/20#post_3330512
You are right Sparty, once you put in the code for free shipping then the dicount for the reef Package disappears.. Well I would say that this is a special and can not be combine with the free shipping special.. I just tried just to see what would happen and once you add the freeship coupon then it does infact disappear.. so I am assuming that you can no combine it with the stuff in the free shipping store!!
I would wait to talk to them......the wording IMO makes it seem as though you should be able to get them

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott T http:///forum/thread/381949/question-about-shipping-for-the-32-99-free-reef-package/20#post_3330512
I agree with Scott. The free reef package is according to the email I received a "weekly special" and the free shipping store cannot be combined with other specials.

scott t

But Meowzer the way I read it is that the reef package is a discount for spending 79.99 for other marine life it is not a sale, but you are getting a discount of 32.99 and that is what it shows up as in your cart DISCOUNT. and if you read the free shipping store you can not combine it with other discounts.. Here is what the package reads "A discount of $32.99 will show in the cart when you have placed a separate order of $79.99 in marine life."

meowzer

IDK....I take it as a sale item....it says free mini reef package with $79.99 purchase
It does not say....excluding purchases from the free shipping store.....
I think we need SWF to clarify this......

scott t

I will not disagree with you there.... lol oh it shows the discount in your cart until you add the coupon for the freeship then the discount goes away....

sparty059

That's what I'm saying! Why would I want to pay shipping for something that costs only $15 from a LFS. I wanted to get it from here because:
A. The deal seems like a good deal and based on everything I've heard their fish here are in amazing shape when you recieve them. Recenetly the LFS I've been going to I've been finding dead fish here and there, and it puts me off a bit.
B. Because I've never shopped here and it just seems like this deal would be worth giving it a shot one time.
Who knows, if they put this through for me, I could become one of their best customers! Just buying the rest of my fish, inverts, and corals through them!

sparty059

This is my issue about that though. I live near three LFS. Yes, this does beat the price at all three of them. However, typically I don't go to those three to drop $80 just so I can get free shipping. I will go there with intents of spending $30 MAYBE $40. Anything more and I think I have lost my brain. The idea of spending $80 just so I don't have to spend $30 on shipping is a bit insane to me, but seeing that I would end up saving probably around $25-$30 (On the whole package) I figure eh what the heck, why not. Otherwise, if I can't get it, then I can't justify spending $80 on stuff I didn't even plan on getting for some time just to save on the $30 shipping, where as if I went to the store I could get the whole thing in moderation maybe spending $5 more each run, but at the end of it, I don't have to worry about a bio-load causing a spike in my levels cause I had to get $80+ worth of random stuff every time. You know what I mean? For you, I completely agree, the stuff in there alone is amazing, but that's because your LFS is 100+ miles away (assuming :)). For people that have LFS's all around them, spending $80 on just random stuff, then having to wait for shipping, and having to schedule everything around you work time to pick it up or be at the house for it doesn't justify the $10 saved. That's my opinion. I could be way off on how everyone else thinks.