Re-Setup OLDDD 12g

small triggers

Okay im done whining...

What i was thinking about was replacing my 24 watt actinic bulb with another daylight bulb and putting some blue LEDs in the tank to replace the actinics,,, same LEDS as i saw before but they come in blueish/purple...id really like to have the extra 24watts of daylight as im thinking even my softies need 48watts...and the tank doesnt look that bright???.....so....any thoughts.....anyone???
SIDE NOTE:: the guy is coming in about 2 hours to pick up my 150g tank
but, im happy to not have the regimen of tank cleaning anymore!!

You don't have heat issues with your stock lighting? At least I assume you have stock lighting. I know I did and just decided to go open top with egg crate.

small triggers

nope,,, but it is cold here right now,, we only keep our house at 70 and the tank stays at about 76 all day with lights and then 74 at night when the lights go out,,, but i do leave the little flip toppy thing up during the day to let the evap and heat buildup out..

small triggers

yeah, i jsut need to figure out what will be the best to replace the actinic with,,, im thinking the LEDS,,, since i dont want to cut into the hood,, im going to get the water proof ones and jsut super glue them to the hood...maybe....i dunno...

small triggers

OKAY,,,, so i talked to my LFS guy today and hes going to get me a rainsford goby and a small watchman goby and 3 sexy shrimp on his next shipment in 2 weeks
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO okay,,, sooooo thats about it for now....

small triggers

I havent heard or seen of anyone useing the ones i want to get,,, so i may just bite the bullet and get the white leds and leave the acticni CF thats in currently,,,,,,the leds are only like $25 on the bay so...ill probably do that on teh 15th of next month

small triggers

SOOOO i ordered the LEDs today,,, 2 blue 2 white, the white are only 5600k so im probably gonna see how they look when i add and i may not keep them or i may switch my current bulb to 20000k cuz right now i think its only 10000k the blue is 465nm so im hoping its blue enough and not to purple (im not sure which way the blues run?? in their numbers) SO when i get them on wed ish ill take some pic's!!!!!(and they only use 1.6 watts)

luvmyreef

Ok Ok Ok I'll post here!! Your tank is looking good!
I have just started a little 10g so I really cant give much advice on equipment or lights.
I'm trying to work on a good light for my 10. Keep the pics coming!!!

small triggers

yeah i think they are going to have a bit of a yellow tinge,,,,but ill see what they look like with my current ones i think they are 10000k so if the new leds are to yellow i may get a 20000k bulb to replace it....

small triggers

he mailed them out today so hopefully ill get them wed or thurs, they are coming from CA....so we'll see ill try to get them in on friday afternoon when i dont have a night class.....until then ill be busting my butt in my classes almost 30 hours a week :)