Re-Setup OLDDD 12g

small triggers

So, I think someone is finnally gonna buy my 150g setup, so I am downsizing to my 12g old JBJ ive had sitting im my garage.. The guy doesnt want the livestock so Im gonna have to consign them at the LFS (all big aggressives) BUT i am keeping all of my soft corals. xenia, kenya trees, mushrooms, and zoas....
I do have to get a replacement pump... any good ones? (I also have a koralia nano to put in there for added flow)
Also, as far as stock,,, im wanting a rainfords goby, a watchman goby, 2 pyjama cardinals and im thinking about a midas blenny? not sure if that one is a good idea or not? and if not that belnny which other one?
SO Ill take some pictures as i haul it outta hybernation and get it cleaned off.... ill put some sand and a few rocks and water from my current tank in there for now to let it get settled...until i can get a new pump...

small triggers

fixed the pump...
so now i just need to build a stand...
then clean and set up the tank.....
still thinking of a stock list??
maybe a shrimp? ive never really had inverts other than snails before...
so okay, as far as soft corals here are pics of what i have im transfering from the 150g.

meowzer

You are going from a 150 to a 12?????
why??? IDK if that is too much or not...I guess it depends on how you design the tank

small triggers

yeah, i sold my 150 and the guy will be picking it up next week....with that, i am keeping all my softies to transfer to the 12g tank...
Im getting ready to go to school possibly full time, but if i get the job i applied for ill be working full time and taking 2 classes a quarter at night, so my extra time is going to be drastically cut and i dont want my fish to suffer...
SO, that would be why i am asking about stocking,,, i have no idea how to stock my 12g as when i had it set up before i just grew everything up to moe to my 35g...
The one fish i really really want is the rainsford goby.... so if i can build around that its fine.. maybe just one or 2 other small small fish and some inverts.. I am transfering some of the rock from my 150 (only about 15lbs i think) and i have never used meds in my DT's ever... so that wont be a problem.. Pics today.. I have to build a cheap stand for the tank... 3x 2x4's and some OSB and then im throwing a tablecloth over it, lol

small triggers

okay,, ,2 and a half hours done building, im going to put some carpet on the top under the tank and then make a skirt to cover...

small triggers

okay so my LFS has a TINYYYYYY watchman goby and hector goby,,,, Im gonna get those if they are still there next week...and some kind of shrimp??? (my husband really wants one,, really)Looking at the Sexy shrimp or a cleaner shrimp?? either one better than the other?

nissan577

the cleaner ive seen clean the inside mouth or a watchman goby which is amazing!
and funny
the sexy shrimp i guess its just sexy.

small triggers

Yeah its really cool looking so i dont know, i guess it matters more what my LFS can get in then i can make a decision.
Im going to start taking my other tank down in the next few days, take my fish to the LFS and then start the drain so i can move what i need to to my 12g and then were gonna take everything downstairs so when they guy comes to pick everything up itll be much easier for everyone....

small triggers

they had the CUTEST hawaiin harlequin shrimp at the LFS :( Id get one but i dont like the idea of a rotting starfish sitting in the tank for 2 weeks as they kill it and bury the pieces to eat later??? anyone have one had a problem with ammonia or nitrate spike?

small triggers

Okay so Saturday is the day.... Im taking all my fish in to the LFS and moving my softies and rock and some sand into the 12g after i bring it up.....
then to empty and move the 150g down stairs probably Sunday or Monday..We'll have to see when the guy is wanting to come get everything
then Monday TO THE LFS to buy my babys i want (if they are still there...)

small triggers

okay,,, so I have now decided since i have a few different macro algaes to put in the tank, im not going to do the refugium in the back part of the cube. BUT i do have some live rock rubble to put in the middle and the first will have either the filter floss or part of a sponge and some phosphate removal media and the last hold the return pump and heater.

small triggers

also, im thinking of adding these LEDS. They are submersible, but i would attach them to the top just to have a bit more light, its 4 leds in 4 seperate tubes...anyone used these?

small triggers

WOOHOO so im gonna make some saltwater tonight. Im gonna use 5g new saltwater and 7g from the existing tank...using 20lbs of existing rock and about 15lbs of existing live sand/argonite mix from my tank....the transfer tommarrow....WOOHOO

small triggers

Thanks,,, I know im feeling kinda passed over, nobody posts nothin

Just once in a while makes me feel better thanks Bender and Nissan!!!