reconstruction of my tank

bullitr

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2814048
I thought 12dKH was the max safe alkalinity?
might want to set the kalk reactor to mix less limewater into the topoff lol.. it should help.... or add lots more stony corals and that'll drop your dKH and calcium in a hurry lol.
Salinity is alittle high, I like to keep my tanks at 1.025 personally, but some like 1.026. 1.027 isn't too bad.. but you may have to drain alittle tank water to set off the top off to lower salinity, but at the same time you might want to turn off the kalk reactor so it doesn't flood limewater in there.
i broke my refractometer a while back and relies on a plastic hydrometer bad decision.my salinity was at 1.030 last friday so i slowly dropping my salinity back to 1.026 i drain 30-20 gallon a day for 3 days . i finally got a new refractometer.my water should be stable enough this weekend so i can finally get new corals. i was thinking of selling my mountain bike to fund for the corals . i should get a hands full with 1k for a corals especially on lax warehouse.if my friend can take my bike from me or get a new skimmer. but if not . i will still go to lax to get more corals. unless someone here can donate some corals.murph145 offered some last month but he broke his tank
a week later after i refused to take it until my tank was stable.now i am too broke to pay premium on lfs corals for a sps frag that i can get for free a last month . anyways thank you for the suggestion

rotarymagic

You're not bleeding until you actually sell the vette for corals! haha... don't do that, that'd be like a junkie pawning a TV for crack... Just wait it out man... or frag what you have and trade.

bullitr

i won't sell the vette in fact i want a another one in 3 years .to me the best sport car on the road,great on miles, maintainance,performances and a good daily driver better than 911 carrera 4 but without the exclusivelity. how about a kidney how much could i get for that hehehehe

bullitr

current fish list
1 male blonde naso tang
1 female naso tang
1 powder blue tang
1 orange fin tang
1 kole tang
1 blue tang
1 purple tang
3 yellow tang
1 cleaner wrasse
1 sixline wrasse
2 mandarin gobies ? i have seen for a while
1 pair of bar gobies
5 blue/green chromis
2 blue fin damsel
2 yellow stripes damsel
1 stripe damsel (evil)
corals
birdnest colony
torch coral
scolymias
frogspawn coral
fox coral
multiple blue mushroom
purple mushroom
red mushroom
gsp
multiple colt coral
pink toadstool
multiple brown toadstool
pink zoa
red zoa
green zoa
purple zoa
red center zoa
green palys zoa
green center zoa
multiple red sea xenia
multiple xenia
invert
5 different serpent sea stars
1 derasa clams
1 maxima clams
3 green bta
snails
still to come
sps lots frags
more scolymias
acans
green spaghetti leather
more blue zoas
a large clams at least 8"gigas or squamosa
anyone have suggestion?
i want 50% sps
50% lps,softies,zoa and mushroom

bullitr

equipment to come
lumenarch mini 3 remain on back order
new melev r/o di next week
2 tunze powerhead christmas maybe
my cabinetry will be finish on january 2009

clownfish11

are you going to finish putting it in the wall
when i say this I mean cover all the plumbing and teh lights with a canopy and a stand of some kind? I mean you have stand, but like doors so you don't see all that stuff

bullitr

Originally Posted by ClownFiSH11
http:///forum/post/2827852
are you going to finish putting it in the wall
when i say this I mean cover all the plumbing and teh lights with a canopy and a stand of some kind? I mean you have stand, but like doors so you don't see all that stuff
the cabinetry will be done in january and the tank is already on the wall.this tank was a fowlr on my other house .the tank convertion to reef is only 2-3 months old and needs more tuning up and cabinetry is taking the back sit for now.

bullitr

i can't capture the same quality after i transfer to photobucket . looking at the lens on my canon xti slr looks very different