reconstruction of my tank

bullitr

it on the first page the kole tang are usually shy it took a bad picture on the first page near the bottom

bullitr

i drop salinity to 1.25 today. calcium reactor and kalkwasser top off remain off . water remain clear without carbon but with vinegar dosing.skimmer getting ridiculious amount of skimmer with the overflow return modification. to stop the powder blue aggresion toward the blue tang i am getting a mimic tang tomorrow?. no new corals until all parameters are optimal
target:
calcium 450
alk 11
ph 8.2
magnesium above 1300 needs to buy a test kit
temp 75 to 78 on winter 80 to 82 on summer

bullitr

300 gallon acrylic 8'x24"deep and 30" high if i have the space in the wall i will make it 36" deep as far a what brand its a custom built tank

dse

Originally Posted by bullitr
http:///forum/post/2791767
its been 2 months . how long before i start growing pink coraline again? cal reactor is running well calcium around 400 . i have not test my magnesium yet but i am sure its sufficient.?
my tank took less then a month to get coraline but i did transfer everything from my smaller tank including water/lr/ls/equipment to help speed up the cycle prosses wich did not take too long..
Originally Posted by sman

http:///forum/post/2829728
Just so you know, that "kole" tang is a tomini tang. I love mine to pieces.

+1 i love mine shes great addition to any tank and eats anything i feed it also i thought he was reffuring to the "flame tomini" as a "kole"
good looking tank though mate

bullitr

added a orange shoulder tang trying to spread the aggression or acanthurus species but it did not work. remove 1 yellow and planning to catch the damn powder blue.

bullitr

i decided to do mixed reef tank as original plan too much bio load and it will be easier to maintain plus add more large clams 8" or more for the nitrate control

bullitr

tonight parameter:
ph 8.0
alk 12
calcium 480
hold cal reactor for a week or so.
hold kalkwasser for 3 days
i bump the naso tang to tonight with 5 lbs rock when rearranging th rock work i hope she ok
monday planning to get soft and lps from ata
my tank is not made for reef . i think should buy a new reef friendly tank and sell my tank its a great fowlr only . should i go for a glass/starphire or acrylic again?

bullitr

vinegar dosing continue as plan noticed some pink coralline are showing . thinking of the new tank same dimension if acryli and 96" by 30" by 30" if glass or starphire but with end to end overflow and must be eurobrace

bullitr

refugium growing well and the skimmer asm g4 kicking ass skimmate for 2 days . the placement,direct skimmer feeding and vinegar dosing working well

bullitr

corals added today
super green favia
multi colored scolymia
candy cane colony
crocea clam
large green paly
and another rent a coral flower pot