reconstruction of my tank

bullitr

it does not have a bracing on top but it have a lot of dividers and its made out of glass. i will take picture tomorrow

bullitr

i just bought a reef octopus extreme 300 / msx 300 today.
started to dose large amount of magnesium,and dosing lugol's solution weekly and if i feel like it.
The custom cabinet guy say"he will install it this Sunday"
The issues with co2 regulator continue now i need a tank of co2 again x2 in 3 weeks .it leaking somewhere now!
R/O Unit deliver has been reschedule till Monday per UPS
bought 5 SPS frags on Tuesday and its doing suprisingly well.
And "IF" the cabinet guy finish it ,i might do a 50 gallon water change next week for the first time in a long while.

bullitr

as expected the cabinet guy bail on me again.i final remove the chiller under the tank and place in on top of the water tap off tank. i also built a custom table for in.i need to stain it tomorrow and finish the top .

bullitr

sorry picture was taken minutes ago with flash ,i am so excited i will do a water changes this weekend after i install the new skimmer and SPS i am coming back ........

bullitr

my R/O needs to be install tomorrow or should i wait to get a designated water lines directly to the tank?
calcium reactor to restart soon
i needs a 2 hp chiller!!! despite of the fan and designated gap on the cabinetry .my lonely 1/3 hp is not enough to cool it down fast enough, it takes 2 hours to drop 2.2 degrees

bullitr

I've been pm 'ing murph145 he might able to set me up to get bunch of sps from the wholesaler.he is also setting up a 25 gallon solana nano cube tank,he can't stay away!
I went to lowes today bought some parts for my R/O unit but i bought a 3/8 instead of a 1/4 diameter lines and connection.

bullitr

hopefully i can add sps and soft corals this weekend .
still trying to figure out to install R/O system without paying a plummer to run another designated lines.

moondog

You should be able to run a line like you run to your ice maker, just find a cold water pipe close to the tank, and run the flex line. They make a valve that pokes a hole into your existing water line, and there you have it, you shouldn't need a plummer, and should be able to find all of those parts at lowes.

bullitr

That is what i was trying to do but the closes water line is 35 feet away, i was wondering if the pressure would be sufficient.

bullitr

i got the skimmer today this this is massive at least 6 gallon water capacity.r/o temporary install today.

bullitr

i made some stupid mistake and put the drain output from the R/O directly in the tank and waste the filtered R/O water. at least on 10 gallons of drain was added in the tank

bullitr

damn the drain output to r/o ratio was almost 10 to 1
modified the drain output to maybe 3 to 1.i think my pressure is to high