reconstruction of my tank

M

mr.reef

love the tank it is great sorry to hear about ur friend i now how that feel my grandmother was told on my birthday that she had

[hr]
cancer then the next week my great grandmother pasted away.... if that is your car i love it tooo. hahaha

A

arlene1995

Dang! That tank is beautiful! Man, I am SO jealous of your Naso... They've got to be one of my favorite Tangs...

bullitr

Originally Posted by MR.reef
http:///forum/post/2796654
love the tank it is great sorry to hear about ur friend i now how that feel my grandmother was told on my birthday that she had

[hr]
cancer then the next week my great grandmother pasted away.... if that is your car i love it tooo. hahaha
thank you ....
i love this car too its a great daily driver .i get 28 mpg easy on the frwy. better than porsche, viper and any car out there( nissan GTR is close but not my style) i will probably get another 2009 zo6 when things get better

bullitr

thank you. one of material things left off 12 years of working hard and my midlife crisis car when i was 28

bullitr

I Will Go To Down To Lax ( Wholesaler / Retailer) This Weekend And Get Me Some Corals And My Electrician Is Adding Designated Switch Panel For My Lights And Pump. Does Anyone Heard Anything About Murph145 Tank?

bullitr

electrician finish all of my dedicated switch panel/ outlet. but one of my clams died today
.i will post picture later

bullitr

my electrician did the dedicated lines for the lights and for the pumps. unable to pick up some corals this weekend. will try next week

bullitr

i know this is boring for most but i am very excited. i will put all the powerheads this weekend and run the four metal halide when i get more corals. no sps yet mostly softy and lps

bullitr

i think i have a good foundation now ! a dedicated lines for pumps and lights. good lighting, good sump, good parameters and finally good flow with budget rebuild . i will continue to use my budget asm g4 maybe make it a recirculating mod and do the santa monica refugium type that a carl from -- did on his sump how i spent my daughters inheretance but for now my little skimmer is doing it's job and all of my xenias and my softies are loving it.This weekend i am going to los angeles fish retailer and hoping to get a lot of cheaper but good corals.

bullitr

my starting point. picture was taken after i clean the tank 5 minutes ago. i will run the fourth metal halide without the lumenarc mini (back order). i wil get some corals tomorrow and shoot some close up pictures

bullitr

test results today
salinity 1.27 per refractometer
calcium 400
alk 14
ph 8.4
after 8 hours of significant kalk addition
with lights off

bullitr

i postponed the trip to lax today because of the water parameters are not the best this morning after i research the consequences of high alkalinity i have to postponed it. after all patience is the most important to this hobby.
currently
alk 12.8
ph 8.2
taken 2 hours after the light went off

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by bullitr
http:///forum/post/2814045
i postponed the trip to lax today because of the water parameters are not the best this morning after i research the consequences of high alkalinity i have to postponed it. after all patience is the most important to this hobby.
currently
alk 12.8
ph 8.2
taken 2 hours after the light went off
I thought 12dKH was the max safe alkalinity?
might want to set the kalk reactor to mix less limewater into the topoff lol.. it should help.... or add lots more stony corals and that'll drop your dKH and calcium in a hurry lol.
Salinity is alittle high, I like to keep my tanks at 1.025 personally, but some like 1.026. 1.027 isn't too bad.. but you may have to drain alittle tank water to set off the top off to lower salinity, but at the same time you might want to turn off the kalk reactor so it doesn't flood limewater in there.