Refugiums for all nanos!

Hey guys, I have a 24-gal aquapod and it's a real mess. I'm in the process of setting up a 46-gal bowfront but I'm still gathering all the parts.
I only have two chambers in the back of my Aquapod. My left chamber is where the return pump is. Can I just put the purigen and chemipure in the right chamber or should i split them up? Also any other suggestions for the Aquapod? I can take some pics if it would help. TIA

skadwick

Bump for a very helpful thread!!!! I'll be making my own fuge for the second chamer out of a plastic container soon. And nissan i am putting in a mangrove too :p idc if it doesnt help i wanna see a plant growing out of the back of my fish tank!

nissan577

Originally Posted by Skadwick
http:///forum/post/2979719
Bump for a very helpful thread!!!! I'll be making my own fuge for the second chamer out of a plastic container soon. And nissan i am putting in a mangrove too :p idc if it doesnt help i wanna see a plant growing out of the back of my fish tank!
thats amazing man! i cant wait for it! i love my mangrove. i took it out my back though cause i was gonna put a HOB fuge but since it didnt work i only have chaeto. cant wait!

black06ss

kinda off topic but when you first start a SW tank and it's cycling is it good or bad to have LR and LS in it? Or do you wait till the peramiters of the water stabilize before putting anything in?

skadwick

Heres what i use for a fuge...its in-tank but when i had mine in my back chambers i was getting little growth...put this fuge in so the Mh could light it and it took off!
$3 at walmart for this soap dish with suction cups! I plan on hanging it from the back wall rather than sticking it to the glass in the near future...but havent found a solid way to do it yet

sparky101

I'm getting a BC 14g. Do you know if theres room in the back for a "mini fuge", or do you only get that kinda room in the 29g? Love the cheato in cup idea by the way.

posiden

Originally Posted by sparky101
http:///forum/post/3174554
I'm getting a BC 14g. Do you know if theres room in the back for a "mini fuge", or do you only get that kinda room in the 29g? Love the cheato in cup idea by the way.
You should be just fine. Just a little smaller in size then the 29. I scrapped off the paint on the back in the area of the middle section. That way I could shine a light in from the back side of the tank. My tank also went in a corner, so space behind it wasn't an issue. I didn't think any of the submersable lights would be strong enough. Some have had success with them, but I wanted more light.
Good Luck.

sparky101

ok thanks. i do really like the hob fuge's but this tank will sit in my living room on an end table so I really want it to have a clean look.
Any suggestions on interesting nano livestock, (fish,inverts,coral...
)

posiden

Originally Posted by sparky101
http:///forum/post/3174609
ok thanks. i do really like the hob fuge's but this tank will sit in my living room on an end table so I really want it to have a clean look.
Any suggestions on interesting nano livestock, (fish,inverts,coral...
)

Start a thread of your own so this one doesn't get off track. Others will stop by, cause they will be expecting to help you and not looking into the refug idea.
On looking clean, I can see where you are coming from on that. About the only thing I can say to that in my defense, is to get a slim lined light fixture. Done right I don't think you would even see the light. That is part of the fun IMO. Making the tank your own and coming up with clever ideas to make it work in your space. Maybe some others will chime in for you on some lighting ideas that wont be invasive. Other then a submersible light. Then again, maybe others using a sub light will let you in on how good they work.