Refugiums for all nanos!

psycho

hey I went and got this same soap dish at walmart tonite to put my cheato in untill my light comes to put in the back of my nano for the fuge. and I found that if you take the suction cups off the back and just place this infront on the intake it creates enough suction to hold the basket in place with the cheato in it, and let the water run through the holes from the front and through it very well! I took pics and will add them in a min. eveyone tell me what you think, is this ok for now? seems to be working great and the cheato gets the water flowing through it that it needs. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadwick http:///forum/thread/338296/refugiums-for-all-nanos/80#post_3165118
Heres what i use for a fuge...its in-tank but when i had mine in my back chambers i was getting little growth...put this fuge in so the Mh could light it and it took off!
$3 at walmart for this soap dish with suction cups! I plan on hanging it from the back wall rather than sticking it to the glass in the near future...but havent found a solid way to do it yet

scopus tang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan577 http:///forum/thread/338296/refugiums-for-all-nanos/80#post_2979784
thats amazing man! i cant wait for it! i love my mangrove. i took it out my back though cause i was gonna put a HOB fuge but since it didnt work i only have chaeto. cant wait!

LOL - given that mangroves are trees, after three years that thing should have been big enough and had enough of a root system to bust that plastic cup into a million pieces. FYI mangroves are known to suck up necessary trace elements as well, so as you stated, doing the regular water changes is absolutely imparitive (as I'm sure you knew Nissan, but you didn't really make that clear in your thread.

pagepak

I like the idea of the walmart suction cup idea. Nissan..could this be use in place of your cup. If so, would I line my biocube false bottom with rubble then out the soap dish with chaeto and my submersilbe light? Could the purigen be housed here too since I want to but a skimmer in the first section?
Rhonda