Reply to Shoreliner again/Evolution/Creation debate :)

molamola

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Perhaps it is a mutation of mousse or pots de creme? Does that make more sense? Only Martha Stewart, the divine creator would know the real answers to all of desert's mysteries.
...And it was good :yes:

ophiura

We are actually on the same topic. It is an evolution/creation exchange, from a different point of view. Pointless? Rude? Exactly. There is method in it.
But with ours, you could say something (totally outlandish) like "3 musketeers bars evolved from merengue 3 million years ago" and still be allowed to share your point of view within the context of a friendly exchange. Not so in the biological one, from numerous previous attempts. Also, the origin of desserts debate might be more productive. :thinking:
But feel free to join in on either one. :yes: There is no reason not too...besides, it is FRIDAY! :joy:
Just always helps to keep things in perspective when a hot topic comes up :) Believe me, I've been through the serious one's many times before (some of which were indeed hijacked threads). I know the futility in this. But people need to keep some humor about it or it can really go south :cheer:
That is where I want to be (humor...not too much further south).
Its all meant in good fun.

molamola

So now we're on the subject of clothing? Well, the store Torrid is a direct descendant of the store Hot Topic, only Torrid has more realistic sizes.
Also, most of us aren't trying to be rude, just trying to change the tone of the discussion, which really had taken a nasty turn :) I personally appologize if any of my comments were taken to be anything other than lighthearted and goofy. :)

hagfish

MolaMola, I'm just wondering where you thought the nasty turn took place? I didn't see anything life threatening take place. Just people talking about evolution. If this whole thread had been about the best way to run a sump and carried the same mood you would not likely have mentioned any nasty turn. BTW, I could probably find 10 threads like that in a few minutes if I tried. You could probably just search "tang police" and find 10 pretty quick.

lovethesea

yes.........peeeeeeeeeecan. :joy: yummy!! So we could ask: fruit tress or nut trees?
now...eggs? Chicken or the egg? Now thats a question for the evolutionary books :thinking:

ophiura

Religious beliefs are a bit different than sumps or even tangs, though that is certainly heated, LOL. What people consider a nasty turn may have taken place in the first post of a thread when it comes to religion or politics.
For example, I disagree with the blanket statement that all evolutionists believe that we came from absolutely nothing." My "nasty turn" with this particular issue goes back a few months, I believe. I saw no point in addressing the particular statement since it is a replay of previous threads. It was more productive/enjoyable to try and draw a parallel with an equally unproductive exchange on origin theory (except the cheesecake bit). I suppose the dessert discussion could have been a "nasty turn" as well :thinking: but better than having people's religious and scientific beliefs dismissed/questioned as has happened previously (eg my belief that evolution is the mechanism of creation). Sometimes I feel these exchanges are one post away from telling me where I am going when I die because I don't agree :nope: Just no place for that on these boards, IMO.
You can't say "evolved" in a thread without it being hijacked. I don't care if people say tangs "evolved" to be open swimmers or were "created" to be open swimmers. I really don't. Why can't we all just either discuss things in a friendly way, or just accept people CAN believe what they want (free will, after all)?

darth tang

Ah, the infamous religion/science debate. I believe both are right. The bible has mentioned many scientific facts before we even knew them as scientific facts. Science can also be used to prove how some biblical events are scientifically possible.
The earth is a million years old or is it only 4000 yrs. old? It is both. The bible is written by man "supposedly" using god's words. God clearly statesin the bible, "a day in the life of god can be 1000 yrs. to man.". So if the biblical scholars are saying the earth is 4000 yrs old and the scientists say 4,000,000 yrs. old. They are both correct. You have to multiply the bible timeline by 1000 (if not more based as the wording of god's word is left open to the possibility of a godly day last longer or even less time than a human day). Thus you have the same answer.
Science and religion go hand in hand..........for the most part. Religion still has a couple things that are unexplainable....but then again, it wouldn't be a "faith" if it didn't.

molamola

Originally Posted by hagfish
MolaMola, I'm just wondering where you thought the nasty turn took place? I didn't see anything life threatening take place. Just people talking about evolution. If this whole thread had been about the best way to run a sump and carried the same mood you would not likely have mentioned any nasty turn. BTW, I could probably find 10 threads like that in a few minutes if I tried. You could probably just search "tang police" and find 10 pretty quick.

When people resort to namecalling and insulting eachother's intelligence, that is pretty nasty in my opinion, and I would say the same thing for any thread on any subject. Please accept my appology as sincere and nothing more and certainly not an attempt to spark another debate.
Concerning pies, where does the meat pie fall? I am confused.

ophiura

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Concerning pies, where does the meat pie fall? I am confused.
I'm so hungry

farmboy

"Concerning pies, where does the meat pie fall? I am confused."
"What about Shepards Pie - that is meet Potatoe and Veggie?"
I think these are refered to as "transitional forms". . . .

spanky

I'm with Ophiura. I'm not a Catholic, but I agree that it's quite possible to reconcile faith in Christianity with science.
It's fun to talk about that stuff too, but some folks can't have such discussions without getting grumpy - and that's no fun. :notsure: We're here for fun and relaxation...and that brings me to pies.
Apple. Hands down, no contest. Crunchy, tart, northwest apples with cinnamon and a nice lumpy, light crust. Still warm too, with a big'ol hunk of vanilla ice cream melting into the pie. And a cup of coffee. And...and..and... :jumping:

molamola

Is it safe to crossbreed your pie with your ice cream? :confused: In regard to my earlier post, I will acknowledge that I spelled, "confused," wrong, but I think, "confussed," would have worked just as well. :) I believe 100% in the evolution of language!
example: There, Their, They're...Brilliant!

lovethesea

:joy: vanilla ice cream and a hot piece of pie. yummy
so the answer is yes, I belive in the cross breeding of ice cream and pie in the evolutionary scale of things!! It has evolved quite nicely! :yes:

molamola

I wonder if this crossbreeding has led to a subspecies of Bluebell Ice Cream containing pie? Come to think of it, there are several subspecies of Blubell Ice Cream containing various cakes and cookies. What else can we crossbreed ice cream with? This explains Dairy Queen blizzards too! This has been the most educational day for me! :yes:

shawnts106

My my! WAY off topic here! several misunderstandings Ive read... LOL, that last sentence sounded like YOTA! anyway!
Actually I was referring to you partially, but not for beliefs or others like you, but for the fact that you just don't get it and keep starting these ridiculous threads when you've had two locked already. I mean really, this is a fish forum, not a religious forum. The other idiots I was referring to, was the people I deal with on a daily basis, like the people that have to drive 10mph below the speed limit because its raining, etc. But I'm glad you assume that I was speaking about you and your beliefs.
Acctually, your right about, this is a FISH FORUM, but this topic has been posted in a general conversation area of the forum, Had I posted this is the Reef Topic Area, this would have been out of place... obveously!
as far as you making "fun" of the elderly people and very carefull people driving 10mph below the speed limit I think this is very rude and illhearted... plus you go on to mention to say because it is raining, there is a law that says you must slow down in bad weather, first for your safety and the safety of others, Im sorry you know care about your own life or the lives of others!
How can you test creation as it is stated in the bible? If you say "because it is in the bible" it is almost as bad as what you claim as being circular reasoning.
Stang:
I never said that because the BIBLE says so its true, there are MANY ways to test the Creation theory, such as the Ark that Noah built...
heres your answer to ONE of the many proofs:
the Ark was 17.5Cubits, which could carry 522 railroad cars stacked on top of one another!
A standard railroad box car can carry 240 sheeps.
that means the Ark could carry 125,280 sheeps
Most dry land animals are smaller than a sheep!
Of all dry land animals only 11% are larger than a sheep!
A leading systematic Biologist , Ernst Mayr, gives the # of different SPECIES, not kinds, of land animals as 17,600# of different species of land animal TODAY
Since there were 2 of every KIND, there would only be 10,000 animals on the ark... but we will stick to SPECIES for scientific purposes... that means there would have been 35,200 animals.
Adding few clean animals & for known extinct ones it is OBVEOUS that not more than 50,000 animals were needed to be on the ark.
The 17,600 species came from 5,000 KINDS of animals (dry land).
since the ark could carry approx. 111,500 animals total and only 50,000 animals were needed on the ark the ark could have carryed this and much more, one might say a family and supplys for 40 days.
In turkey, were the ark is supposed to be there have been sightings by people durring certain parts of the year (unseasonably warm winters) were they have claimed to see a giant BOAT in the side of the mountain! This alone should be proof enough!
here is a web page that has pictures and info about the ark...
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
Evolutionists believe that we came from nothing, that there was a big bang and it made everything... well lets get into some more detail... so all you evolutionists tell me if im wrong but heres how your theory goes:
Billions of years ago all the matter in the universe was "squished" into a tiny dot no bigger than the period at the end of this sentence .
Then at one point in time the dot started spinning faster and faster untill it finnaly exploded shooting out dust, and matter into the cosmos.... then after more time, BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of years the matter somehow found itsself and started clumping up to form planets, suns, moons comits etc...
if this is true then why do 2 of our 8 planets spin backwards and why does one spin on its side?... according to the law of Angular Momentum then if the BIG BANG theory was true then the planets could NOT spin backwards much less on there sides, you see if an object is spinning in certain direction (which ussually is normal lol) and that object releases debris the debris always spins in the same direction as the original object....
in order for evolution to happen NEW INFORMATION must be added into DNA, when a mutation occurs, such as a person growing another arm or such this is a LOSS of Genetic Information not a gain, and plus evolution states that we are getting better and that TRILLIONS of mutations causes evolution, Mutations are bad there is No one good mutation!
I hate to through a wrench into the Evolutionists beliefs but most evolutionists DONT EVEN know there own theory... they just have been taught to believe that we came from apes.
lol, ok, Christians believe a higher being CREATED the Human Race.
Evolutionists believe we created ourselfs from NOTHING and we came from monkeys (apes).
gah, which one is more logical?.... which one makes more sence? Which one gives MEANING TO LIFE? Which one is more provable?
thats a no BRAINER!
:)

farmboy

I DISAGREE!!!
I believe the ice cream and pie have formed a symbiotic relationship not unlike clams and the zooxanthellae inside. They simply must be together. The ice cream keeps the pie cool and the pie warms the ice cream ever so slightly. It is perfect, really.
I think this thread has EVOLVED into another debate.
I do appreciate the effort, Shawn.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by shawnts106
gah, which one is more logical?.... which one makes more sence? Which one gives MEANING TO LIFE? Which one is more provable?
thats a no BRAINER!
:)

yep, ice cream mixed with chocolate dough, oh yeah, thats right up there.
that make sence. OH and just plain cookies too.....oreo's,cho chips, oatmeal cookies, AND thin mints. Did you know that Edy's makes an ice cream with THIN MINTS?
EAT them ALL.................now THAT makes sence and gives meaning to our lives AND is a no brainer!! :jumping:

farmboy

" yep, ice cream mixed with chocolate dough, oh yeah, thats right up there. "
I think these are mutations--good though.