Reply to Shoreliner again/Evolution/Creation debate :)

ophiura

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Perfect!!
OK Ophiura, I will debate with you...
Lemon merangue pie is definately better than blackberry!!

Whatcha gotta say about THAT!!

FWIW, Blackberry pie was created by some of the greatest grandma's on earth. Blueberry pie, due to its clear similarity to blackberry pie (stains, coloration, suitability for eating with vanilla ice cream) is a case of microevolution. Lemon merangue just evolved from some sort of lemon tart. Carvel ice cream cakes (esp chocolate crunchies) is proof of divine existence.
But its all good, and a discussion on their origins would be interesting. I'm open to different opinions. I mean, I've had little success with blackberry pies, regardless of origin, so maybe some different ideas would be valuable. I'm open minded.
Yeah, this is a good creation/evolution argument :D

molamola

I think the problem is with the berries, as I had a similar experience. Apparently, there are three different species of berries growing in the same place. Blackberries, Dewberries, and Mayberries (not the town) all exist under the Genus Rubus, but are quite different. Blackberries are smaller, somewhat tart, not so juicy, and grow on thorny brambles that grow upward, rather than outward. Dewberries grow low to the ground, are very sweet, quite large, and extremely juicy. Mayberries grow before the dewberries and blackberries and probably even go by another name, as this is what my 81 year old grandfather has always called them.
I happen to know that you wound up with more dewberries than blackberries and following a recipe wouldn’t work (learned this the hard way). When dealing with dewberries, more flour and less sugar is required. How much, I wouldn’t know. Mine never come out right. This would also explain why the crust just won’t cook on the bottom. It’s completely saturated in juice.
In conclusion, dewberries are saucy little punks that look great but make soggy pie. Don’t ask me if God dropped them all on the Earth at the same time, or if they evolved because I don’t know and it doesn’t bother me one way or another. I do agree though that nothing beats a Rubus pie :D

ophiura

I'm telling ya, I think the Carvel ice cream cake beats your Rubus pie. PROVE to me how your pie beats that ice cream cake. You can't prove it.

T

tizzo

OK, appearantly I lost the pie debate... Point goes to Ophiura!!
But I can vouch for the Carvel Ice cream! Shop JUST opened here...
But I can't prove anything since I've never had it or even HEARD of Rubus... :D
I think we all need to go out and sample some, then come back with our results...

ophiura

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Never heard of Carvel Ice Cream, so I don't believe it exists.
Oh, so let me get this straight. You've never heard of it, and therefor it doesn't exist, and therefor I am wrong. Huh. So even if Carvel Ice Cream is the greatest ice cream cake in the world, proven by science (even though science falsifies, not proves), you would say it doesn't exist because you haven't heard of it. So your limited understanding of the world of ice cream cakes has ended this discussion

I can draw parallels to the original topic of this thread, but its best not too, methinks. LOL :D :yes: Pies, cakes and desserts in general are easier to swallow and probably more productive. Yum. Plus it is easier to convert people to desserts. :)
Instead, I'm going out with Tizzo to sample various pies and cakes...we haven't even gotten into the creation of all manner of "sponge" cakes. Sigh. SO much to do. So many observations to make.
And someday, Mola, I will find a Carvel ice cream cake for you :yes:

hagfish

Originally Posted by malounsbury
Actually I was referring to you partially, but not for beliefs or others like you, but for the fact that you just don't get it and keep starting these ridiculous threads when you've had two locked already. I mean really, this is a fish forum, not a religious forum.
This is not a religious forum, but it doesn't say that you can't mention religion either. You go to the aquarium to talk about non-aquarium related thing if that makes any sense. :) I assume shawnts106 is trying to get a Christian viewpoint across to potential non-Christians. That is not so easily done in a religious forum because most people in those forums are already thinking like that. If shawnts106 wants to spread Christian ideologies to non-Christians (which is part of being a Christian much to many people's dismay) then this is an acceptable way to do it. I don't know why people seem to take offense to it and get mad about it when it's posted in a forum like this. It's not like people are forced to read this thread.

Originally Posted by malounsbury

As far as the "religious fools" that started our country, the terrorists that are against us are just as religious as those people, or so they claim to be and our current president I believe is fairly religious. So, aren't we fighting his holy war?
And Bang, that sure is the truth.
I wouldn't say it's a holy war (at least from our side of things). The opposition has said so many times. But Bush has not said that America was out to destroy all muslim's or muslim nations in the name of Jesus.

lovethesea

Originally Posted by ophiura
FWIW, Blackberry pie was created by some of the greatest grandma's on earth. Blueberry pie, due to its clear similarity to blackberry pie (stains, coloration, suitability for eating with vanilla ice cream)
Yeah, this is a good creation/evolution argument :D

so, which came first? Blackberry or blueberry? Actually my southern roots think
pecan!

ophiura

PECAN (Pee-can, ha ha...if your southern the mispronunciation should rile ya
), is of unique origin :D :yes: It should not be compared, related or whatever to the berry/fruit pies.

molamola

What about mulberries? They come from a tree, but are still berries? They taste really good too and also make good pies. They're just harder to come by in this day and age.
I would actually rank chocolate pie above all others, with cheesecake (somewhere between cake and pie) is a close second. Neither of those contain fruit, but are they still related to the afore mentioned fruit and berry pies?
Epiphony!!!! Cheesecake is the link between pies and cakes to be sure!

ophiura

Is it the common ancestor of pies and cakes? :notsure: And again, where does the ice cream cake come in...its mostly dairy like the cheesecake :confused:

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Epiphony!!!! Cheesecake is the link between pies and cakes to be sure!
YES!! That's it!! That's why cheesecake is absolutely superior to all others!! You can add your blackberries, and blueberries and even pee-cans!!
Mola-mola, the debate is over...That is positively the most accurate fact given thus far. :yes:

stang66200

Originally Posted by shawnts106
I FIRMLY believe the things that I am stating because they are factual, testable, observable, repeatable evidence that Evolution is a false theory.
it takes nothing more than a few strokes of the keyboard or a few turning of some pages to learn that what I state is truth.
How can you test creation as it is stated in the bible? If you say "because it is in the bible" it is almost as bad as what you claim as being circular reasoning.

molamola

Originally Posted by ophiura
Is it the common ancestor of pies and cakes? :notsure: And again, where does the ice cream cake come in...its mostly dairy like the cheesecake :confused:
Ice cream cake is a mutation of a nobake jello pie. This mutation causes it to melt at an alarming rate once removed from the freezer.

The link between pie and spongecake can be found in merengue. The egg whites used to form those tasty peaks can also be found in large quantities in angel food cake, which is quite spongey.

ophiura

Sure, sure...or perhaps the use of eggwhites evolved separately in both recipes and are a convergence? And truly I thought that the nobake pie was created for marketing purposes only and came long after the appearance of the ice cream cake? Boy, this is definitely a confusing issue, even in the dessert realm.

molamola

Perhaps it is a mutation of mousse or pots de creme? Does that make more sense? Only Martha Stewart, the divine creator would know the real answers to all of desert's mysteries.