Reptile ppl!

crypt keeper

Its great. Easy to clean. Doesnt bother them at all. Yeah it doesnt look very natural but right now when he is 3 feet long its no biggie. Im buying an albino female in the near future. Once they hit 12 feet or so Im building them a room in my shed outback that will be about 8'x8'x5' LxWxH. It will be a rock type structure with some plants and a big water hole.

ca161406

thats gonna be pretty sick. your able to put the 2 in the same cage right?
i've been using lint free paper towels that i run through a paper shredder so she's able to burrow. cheep and comforting haha

crypt keeper

male and female they should be fine for life together. I have a male now. He is eating like a pig. Already has shed twice since I brought him home. Im power feeding him till he hits about 7 feet then I will slow down.

D

deadly_legend

heres my girl, love her to death :D shes bigger than that now, but i cant find a camera lol

mie

MY 10 year old daughter wants a bearded dragon for christmas, are they a good pet? are they hard to take care of?

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/3169305
MY 10 year old daughter wants a bearded dragon for christmas, are they a good pet? are they hard to take care of?
lizzy is really easy to take care of, granted, she eats about 7-10 dozen crickets a week, but they are only a dollar a dozen, so its not bad
but they are very social and love listening to people talk, she will just turn her head sideways and listen to you. we gave ours a little hammoch to lounge on lol, but yea, they are great my mom didnt want to get her at first, but she loves her so much now. Just be sure to feed and socialize her, and if you get two get em at the same time, since they grow fast at first, mines probably grown by 4x since we got her in may. but to answer the question, she is easy to take care of. i spent about $400 on light, tank, log, rock, food bowls calcium powder, lizzy, and everything. so its not that pricy either

salt life

Originally Posted by Deadly_Legend
http:///forum/post/3169319
lizzy is really easy to take care of, granted, she eats about 7-10 dozen crickets a week, but they are only a dollar a dozen, so its not bad
but they are very social and love listening to people talk, she will just turn her head sideways and listen to you. we gave ours a little hammoch to lounge on lol, but yea, they are great my mom didnt want to get her at first, but she loves her so much now. Just be sure to feed and socialize her, and if you get two get em at the same time, since they grow fast at first, mines probably grown by 4x since we got her in may. but to answer the question, she is easy to take care of. i spent about $400 on light, tank, log, rock, food bowls calcium powder, lizzy, and everything. so its not that pricy either

How big is yours now? what size enclosure yougot her in?

saltn00b

the market on all those color morphs dropped out of the bottom like 2 years ago. you can get some sick ones now for cheap. i liked the "piebalds"

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by Salt Life
http:///forum/post/3169325
How big is yours now? what size enclosure yougot her in?
shes about 10 inches i think (shes only 6 months old, and she was only a couple weeks old when we got her), hard to catch her currently lol, and shes in a 20 gallon long tank, around xmas we are getting her a new tank i believe, and we are probably going to add sand to it.

crypt keeper

Dont add sand when they are babies. It can cause issues with digestion. Also you need too feed them green foods. Like veggies and some fruits. They arent just carnivors

D

deadly_legend

lol yea, she eats home grown green peppers and carrots also, and apples :D and she also gets some wax worms. so it is to early to add sand though? shes a mothers day girl :D atleast, thats when we got her lol

E

eric b 125

i used to be a reptile dude. had a 6' iguana in my teens. now, i'm terrified and for some reason i'm real sensitive to their smell. as far as these pythons and boa's are concerned: at what age/ length do they develop teeth? i mean: at what age/ length do their bites pack a punch?