saltwater tattoo

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/388764/saltwater-tattoo#post_3430639
Nice! My husband is a tattoo artist and had just started working on a full reef scene to cover my lower back (tramp stamp cover up) when we found out I was pregnant and had to stop working on it.
Do you have pictures of how it's going to lay out?
Where's he work? I got my last piece done by a guy named Johnny at Lotus in Sayville. He's a wizard when it comes to Celtic knotwork...

deejeff442

well finally got a call from the tattoo artist today.he has a drawing for me to look at.i am going to try and get there tomorrow to look.if i like it i might try for saturday start.if not early next week.getting excited.at least i cant kill these new fish

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/388764/saltwater-tattoo/20#post_3432431
well finally got a call from the tattoo artist today.he has a drawing for me to look at.i am going to try and get there tomorrow to look.if i like it i might try for saturday start.if not early next week.getting excited.at least i cant kill these new fish
Yeah...yeah...we've heard that before. We need pics!

S

smartorl

Most established artists will not allow you to take pictures or take a copy of the artwork, others will charge a deposit to allow you to take a copy home.
Understand it is art and it's their concept. There are a lot of people out there who will come to you and get you to draw them up a custom piece with the intention of taking it to any old scratcher to get it done for pennies on the dollar.
Plastic surgery and tattoos, two things where bargain shopping can bite you in the butt in a very big way!
Jeff, take a look here www.mikeparsonsink.com
Mike is considered to be the best of the best in the "skinaquarium". If you are not totally happy with your artists interpretation (never settle for less than perfect), show him Mike's website as a reference if you like it. Granted he can't copy Mike's work but he can maybe integrate some of his ideas in.

deejeff442

i already gave him a deposit on the work.i have seen his work and i am more than impressed.i will see if i can get a pic of the drawing.
thanks for the info though

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///t/388764/saltwater-tattoo/20#post_3432449
Most established artists will not allow you to take pictures or take a copy of the artwork, others will charge a deposit to allow you to take a copy home.
Understand it is art and it's their concept. There are a lot of people out there who will come to you and get you to draw them up a custom piece with the intention of taking it to any old scratcher to get it done for pennies on the dollar.
Plastic surgery and tattoos, two things where bargain shopping can bite you in the butt in a very big way!
Jeff, take a look here www.mikeparsonsink.com
Mike is considered to be the best of the best in the "skinaquarium". If you are not totally happy with your artists interpretation (never settle for less than perfect), show him Mike's website as a reference if you like it. Granted he can't copy Mike's work but he can maybe integrate some of his ideas in.
So with that said, lets see your tats........

deejeff442

well i have been getting the run around with the tatto artist.he said he has a drawing to look at.said he forgot to bring it to the shop from home last thursday.saturday he said he would send a pic nothing.monday i text him said he wasnt going to be at the shop but would sent the pic.nothing.didnt hear from him today .thinking he has too much money

S

smartorl

I'm honestly thinking he is in over his head and knows it!! Seriously, this is one of those warning signs you could potentially look back on later and wish you had bailed! Been there done that. I can ask about and see who comes recommended in your area if you like?

deejeff442

hey if you can find someone who can do a great job hell yea.anywhere in the dallas/fort worth area.seeing it will go to the grave with me i will travel .i text my friend who gave me the referal but didnt get back.i am self employed in construction and i sure dont work this way.
i have a sweet american bald eagle on my chest.not the norm but it was still something they had a template for already.its an eagle giving a bicep side pose with an american flag tattoo on his arm(wing) but this will be a real custom tat so i dont know to trust anyone without good references.
thanks and hope to hear something

darthtang aw

try chriss gunn in houston. seen some og his shops work. very good. i got some ink done yesterday and everyone in the shop I go to recommends chris in the state of texas. i go to star tattoo...they have won best tat shop in albuquerque 10 years running. we must have ov er 100 shops in albuquerque.....if these guys say chris is good....the work is solid.
darth (it was a nice four hour nap) Tang

deejeff442

i will see what smart comes up with houston is a bit of a ride.i would think the dfw are would have a few good artists.
so what did you get? i know mine will be 3 sessions pretty big and detailed.i am looking foward to it badly but seems this guy i got aint up to it.
some of these guys just need to stick to skulls and crosses i guess

deejeff442

i just googled chriss gunn and it says he is in austin? actually if he is that would be great.my main employee has a girlfriend there and i could hitch a ride for a couple weekends

snakeblitz33

Yeah, I can understand your concern. I know there is one dude in my area that I would trust. Even then, it has to be PERFECT. lol, so I understand where you're coming from.

deejeff442

i was pretty pumped about getting this done.but,if this dude calls i will tell him to forget it .i will find someone who can do the job

morgan175

Hopefully you get your deposit back. I would say you are doing right going some where else. Good luck still want pics when done first session.