Same Sex Marriage Okayed In New York ... Your Thoughts?

1guydude

Im gonna say no!!!!
If gays can get insurance for thier partners why cant my gf get my insurace g** da****.......
whole situation just pisses me off....makes me wanna move to canada or somethin.
Wat happened to this country! Ive got nothin against gays but i do against them getting married! It was meant for man and women, so go make up your own way to ruin ur life!

rslinger

Wow that was a homophobic response. I am a 30 year old straight male and I say who cares this is a free country right and people should be able to marry who ever they want. What business of mine is it who you or anybody else chooses to sleep next to? I never understood how anybody could give a damn. I think they are just scared they might be gay lol.

bang guy

Since marriage, as a legal definition, has become so ingrained into government legal policy I think it is constitutionally required to be extended to all partnerships.

flower

There has to be something that unites two as a couple to share the insurance. Just BFs or GFs or Gfs and BFs...you can't get insurance unless you are married..... meaning something a little more permanent than just bed buddies.
1 guyDude, There is a way for a you and your GF to be able to also claim the same insurance ...marriage
What the gay community does, doesn't affect you in the least. they are not getting a single benifit you can't by doing the exact same thing...commitment to each other by marriage.
I know gay couples who have been together for over 20 years. If one partner dies, the person he shared his/her life with gets nothing, and no help with the hospital bills either. That isn't right.
It isn't a moral issue about life and sin, the state is seperated from church (religion) so that consideration isn't in the equation.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393124
Im gonna say no!!!!
If gays can get insurance for thier partners why cant my gf get my insurace g** da****.......
You can get her on your insurance. All you have to do is marry her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393124
whole situation just pisses me off....makes me wanna move to canada or somethin.
There's another option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude
http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393124
Ive got nothin against gays but i do against them getting married!
Well, apparently you do have something again gays.

darthtang aw

Since marriage, as a legal definition, has become so ingrained into government legal policy I think it is constitutionally required to be extended to all partnerships.
I agree.....

darthtang aw

Wow that was a homophobic response. I am a 30 year old straight male and I say who cares this is a free country right and people should be able to marry who ever they want. What business of mine is it who you or anybody else chooses to sleep next to? I never understood how anybody could give a damn. I think they are just scared they might be gay lol.
While iagree from a legal standpoint, I will say your argument can be applied to many situations and has led to the moral blurring of certain lines over the course of history......statements such as these can and have led to moral numbing of many in this country. On both sides of the aisle.

1guydude

I dont even belive in marrage so i guess thats kinda my problem...
I know some lesbians but not gay men and i dont really know there take on it.
I suppose they are for it and want it to happen but I just look at it as something religious that was meant for a man and women.
Quote:
Wow that was a homophobic response
How so? Gays dont bother me just the fact that marriage was never meant for that...

mantisman51

I am quite opposed to homosexual marriage. It demeans the institution of marriage. Of course the modern iteration of heterosexual marriage has been destroyed by heterosexuals anyway, so it really isn't as big a deal as it was in the past. And yes, I do have a problem with homosexuality. It is destructive to the body and soul. If you have a problem with me not agreeing with it, you are the one filled with hate. Because I don't care what other sickos want to do with their bodies, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it either-you have a problem with that? Or does free speech and free thinking still have a place in America?

darthtang aw

Well if you have a problem with people getting married then you must have a problem with them.
This is another gem coming from your wonderous mind. I guess that means people that volunteer to assist and aid crack users must have issue with them since they are against crack use......because if you are against something you must be against the individual as well.
I don't sjpport the mormon religion...I must be against mormons...
I don't support the hindu feligion...I must hate monks....
I don't support the kkk...I must hate white people...
I don't support the naacp...I must hate black people...
I don't support peta...I must hate animals....
I don't support the jewish religion...I must be against jews.
Did you eat paint as a child?
Darth (common sense) Tang

scott t

What is really boils down to is that a group of people that are American citizens wanting the fundamental right that this country is supposed to afford all of it citizens. Just because you love someone of the same sex does not make you a second class citizen so you should be afforded the same rights as every other citizen of this country.
For the ones who oppose it on the aspect of religious views there are only 2 places in the bible that even mention 'homosexuality", but is also states that you should not pleasure yourself in the flesh, and that you should only have sex for procreation, so people who have sex for pleasure, and not for procreation should they also not be afforded the same rights as other American citizens because of that fact?
For those who think they are just sex crazed sickos, that they are rapist, or even pedos, the cold hard facts are that most of these crimes are committed by Heterosexual Males.
Further more when Heterosexuals say that they don't want to see 2 women or 2 men showing affection in Public what makes you think that homosexuals or even some other heterosexual want to see heterosexuals showing that affection in public. It just doesn't make sense to me who business it is who I have in my bed, who I love, who I spend the rest of my life with, as long as I am not shoving it in their face. It is a given right for me to have the freedom to do what I want to do. I work, I pay my Taxes, I will do what I want to do and if someone has a problem with it, its their Problem.
No American Citizen should be made to live as a second class Citizen, but for many many year women we made to live as second class to men, but that has changed, Homosexuals have for many years been made to live as second class, also they could be fired from jobs, kicked out of housing, not able to get what is rightfully theirs for way to long, its about time that they are treated as equals as the other citizens of this Great Nation of ours.
As for the marriage aspect that is only a small step in the process of getting all the rights that afforded to every American Citizen. If they want to get married I think they should be able to if they so choose. Just like heterosexual couples have the choice to get married,
Just my .02

darthtang aw

What is really boils down to is that a group of people that are American citizens wanting the fundamental right that this country is supposed to afford all of it citizens. Just because you love someone of the same sex does not make you a second class citizen so you should be afforded the same rights as every other citizen of this country.
For the ones who oppose it on the aspect of religious views there are only 2 places in the bible that even mention 'homosexuality", but is also states that you should not pleasure yourself in the flesh, and that you should only have sex for procreation, so people who have sex for pleasure, and not for procreation should they also not be afforded the same rights as other American citizens because of that fact?
For those who think they are just sex crazed sickos, that they are rapist, or even pedos, the cold hard facts are that most of these crimes are committed by Heterosexual Males.
Further more when Heterosexuals say that they don't want to see 2 women or 2 men showing affection in Public what makes you think that homosexuals or even some other heterosexual want to see heterosexuals showing that affection in public. It just doesn't make sense to me who business it is who I have in my bed, who I love, who I spend the rest of my life with, as long as I am not shoving it in their face. It is a given right for me to have the freedom to do what I want to do. I work, I pay my Taxes, I will do what I want to do and if someone has a problem with it, its their Problem.
No American Citizen should be made to live as a second class Citizen, but for many many year women we made to live as second class to men, but that has changed, Homosexuals have for many years been made to live as second class, also they could be fired from jobs, kicked out of housing, not able to get what is rightfully theirs for way to long, its about time that they are treated as equals as the other citizens of this Great Nation of ours.

As for the marriage aspect that is only a small step in the process of getting all the rights that afforded to every American Citizen. If they want to get married I think they should be able to if they so choose. Just like heterosexual couples have the choice to get married,

Just my .02
You make it sound as if all rights are with held from the homosexual crowd. Other than marriage and the tax implecations that go along with marriage, what else has been witheld?

mantisman51

Oh, I feel bad now. I didn't know homosexuals didn't have free speech; that they could be searched and their property seized without due process; that they weren't guaranteed a trial by jury; that they couldn't pursue whatever religion they chose; hell, I didn't know marriage or public affection were enshrined in the Constitution. I didn't realize that homosexuals born in the U.S. were not automatically citizens. Yup, 2nd class citizens with no rights.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393166
Oh, I feel bad now. I didn't know homosexuals didn't have free speech; that they could be searched and their property seized without due process; that they weren't guaranteed a trial by jury; that they couldn't pursue whatever religion they chose; hell, I didn't know marriage or public affection were enshrined in the Constitution. I didn't realize that homosexuals born in the U.S. were not automatically citizens. Yup, 2nd class citizens with no rights.
Mantisman....you make my blood boil sometimes....I know you are being a snot with what you said.....and didn't believe a word of it as true, but sadly it is true.
The gays get beat up for just walking down the street, they are picked on in schools and nobody says a thing, One of Jeffery Dalmers victims was returned to him after escaping because it was just two gays fighting...they had found the young man terrified, and naked running down the street...he couldn't speak English but led the cops to the bad guys lair and the cops turned him over to him instead of checking the place out. HA HA said the cops as they walked away and Dalmer killed the boy within the hour. The young man did exactly what we are told to do if we find ourselves in such a situation..excape and tell a policeman...they are refused apartments and jobs...the list of atrocities go on and on.
In Bible days you were married to your maiden when you slept with her. The license to wed and all the perks allotted are set up by the government, which has separated itself from the church, actually the church decided it didn't want anything to do with government.
The ONLY thing that make a marrige a holy anything are the vows made before God and man. You are expected to keep your word (VOW). The world and it's children does what the world does. It is not a christian right to hold people and their life up to your mignifying glass for approval. If you really followed Christianity..your only job towards the sinners are to pray for them, that God will have mercy and forgive them.
I have no idea where Christians decided they have the duty to condemn everyone that doesn't think like they do. You don't like it why? You think because it is spoken about as a sin you need to jump and down and swear they deserve hell fire, picket their graves while their families weap....
let him who has no sin throw out the first stone. Have you not figured out yet that God is PO at every single one of us? You want mercy from God on that last great day...learn to show some mercy.

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393166
We WANT TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE PURSUIT of happiness, an not have to be judged by others. No have to be called a sicko, or a pervert, ect. As for not having the same rights as other american citizens, if a Gay couple are together and have been for a long time, and one of them gets sick we can not even sometimes go to the hospital and get information about our loved one because we are not family we can not express the wishes of our loved one if they are sick and can not make a decision on their own because we are not family. We are not afforded the same rights under the laws of this nation as Heterosexual married people are because of the fact that we are Homosexual people. I Pay my damn taxes, I should be able to have all the same rights as ever other Heterosexual American in this country. I have worked for 27 years of my life and have paid my taxes for all that time and you are telling me that I should not have the right to love who I want to? To be able to express my love as a Heterosexual person does? That is complete bull if you ask me, do I tell you whom you can love, whom you can marry? I think not so why does it make it right for Heterosexual people to tell me whom I should love, Whom I should Marry? We don't want to have to be afraid to live as we want to live, having to worry that if we do that we can be killed, denied a job, kicked out of where we live, be able to serve in our military if we want to with out fearing that we will be thrown out. We want to be able to share our love just as others do. Where is it written that love is only for a MAN and a WOMAN that statement was created by Man it is Man's Law. If you Live as a Christian, then you should know that Hate is not a good trait to have and you should not express that hate because Hate is from then Devil, God tells us to forgive and to be forgiving as he is. I will Pray that he forgive you for having hate in your heart, because as he has instructed me I am a forgiving person. I do not Judge others because in the end there is only one Judge and one Jury and that is GOD himself.
Oh and lets not forget Poor Matthew Shepard the 19 year old Texas boy that was Dragged by 2 Heterosexual Males, because he was hanging out in a Bar where they lured him by telling him that they were Gay. They tied that poor kid to the back of a truck and dragged him and they left him to die. Oh, but wait it was not considered a hate crime because Texas, and for that fact most stateds, even the federal Government DOES not have a HATE CRIME law. These 2 Men even admitted that they did it because he was "a sicko, a pervert, because he was gay. If there would have been a Hate Crime Law in Place they would have gotten the death penalty, but sadly there was not. Oh well he was just some Gay Person so he has not worth right? Wrong he was another Human who's life was taken because he was Homosexual. It is really sad to think just because he was Homosexual he was worth less than any other on this earth. The most sad thing is that Homosexual People are devalued because of the fact they are Homosexual, that some how we are less than others because we are different. Well I have one thing to ask you, Did you wake up one morning and say on I think I am going to be Heterosexual? Well guess what I didn't just wake up one morning and say on I think I am going to be Homosexual, sorry to break this to you but I was born this way. I had known from a very young age that I was, I was not Molested, I did not come from a bad home life, so you can cross that notion right off your list. Why would I choose something that is still hated by so many? Why would I want to chose something that I know could get me killed just because of who I love? That is just the most Crazy thing I have ever heard in my whole entire life.

mantisman51

"I will Pray that he forgive you for having hate in your heart, because as he has instructed me I am a forgiving person. I do not Judge others because in the end there is only one Judge and one Jury and that is GOD himself."
Nope, no judging there.
"Where is it written that love is only for a MAN and a WOMAN that statement was created by Man it is Man's Law."
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.(notice it's not in the mean and hateful "Christian" Bible)
"That is complete bull if you ask me, do I tell you whom you can love, whom you can marry? I think not so why does it make it right for Heterosexual people to tell me whom I should love"
See my above comment.
Flower, I make your blood boil for disagreeing with what I think to be a destructive lifestyle? BTW, every action you mentioned that happens to homosexuals is illegal and a crime. Funny, no one can disagree with homosexuality. That is the epitome of thought control and antithetical to the Constitutional protection of free speech.
As for equating disagreeing with behavior to hate, please read Darth's comments.
You wanna talk hate? Take what you two said about me and change it from being about me and insert "gay" instead. How hateful is that?

scott t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///forum/thread/386373/same-sex-marriage-okayed-in-new-york-your-thoughts#post_3393178
"I will Pray that he forgive you for having hate in your heart, because as he has instructed me I am a forgiving person. I do not Judge others because in the end there is only one Judge and one Jury and that is GOD himself."
Nope, no judging there.
"Where is it written that love is only for a MAN and a WOMAN that statement was created by Man it is Man's Law."
Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.(notice it's not in the mean and hateful "Christian" Bible) Well lets take your Bible talk here and say this about it, if it is written in the bible, then it must have been created by God, right because all things have been created by him. So, if it is something that was mentioned in the Bible, then it must something that is not a choice right. And as I have stated it also says in the Bible that you should not Pleasure yourself in the Flesh, that you should only have sex for Procreation, Or lets take sex before marriage, this is all so not supposed to be done either according to the Bible. Lets also think about Jesus, God's Own son who Forgave Mary magdelene who was a Whore, or the Lepers that he Cured. Well I am sure that all people do not have sex just for Procreation. I know I am going to heaven, that is all that matters to me because my God is a forgiving Loving God.
"That is complete bull if you ask me, do I tell you whom you can love, whom you can marry? I think not so why does it make it right for Heterosexual people to tell me whom I should love"
See my above comment.
Flower, I make your blood boil for disagreeing with what I think to be a destructive lifestyle? BTW, every action you mentioned that happens to homosexuals is illegal and a crime. Funny, no one can disagree with homosexuality. That is the epitome of thought control and antithetical to the Constitutional protection of free speech.
As for equating disagreeing with behavior to hate, please read Darth's comments.
You wanna talk hate? Take what you two said about me and change it being about me and insert "gay" instead. How hateful is that?