Saying Goodbye to my tanks, I choose my husband instead

hot883

Rykna, sorry to hear the news. My friend if I can help in any way try me. I might be able to help, but mostly I wanted you to know that I will keep ya'all in my thoughts and prayers. God is great no matter what anyone says. Trust him with your troubles and he will help. Not long ago I started a thread about me getting injections into my spine through my neck and I asked for everyones prayers and thoughts. I went through that again today and I know that the power of prayer is VERY important in our lives. Good luck to ya. You have my email if I can help. Barry

rykna

Originally Posted by acrylic51
That's what's dangerous!!!!!!!!! :scared:
You have time to plan and plot your moves and make good decisions........I'm really impressed with your work as well......
, thanks....patience is not my best skill, but I'm working on it.
As for plotting and planning

I'm still trying to think how i can design a see thru pond along the side of our house so there would be windows to look into the pond from downstairs...... :happyfish :happyfish I'm starting to think it might save a me a heap of money in the long run to just move to the carribean.!!!!!

Thanks all

rykna

Originally Posted by hot883
Rykna, sorry to hear the news. My friend if I can help in any way try me. I might be able to help, but mostly I wanted you to know that I will keep ya'all in my thoughts and prayers. God is great no matter what anyone says. Trust him with your troubles and he will help. Not long ago I started a thread about me getting injections into my spine through my neck and I asked for everyones prayers and thoughts. I went through that again today and I know that the power of prayer is VERY important in our lives. Good luck to ya. You have my email if I can help. Barry
Thankyou Barry! :happyfish

1journeyman

Ok, I'm not married so my observation could be far off, but sounds like you and your husband just had a huge revelation in your marriage.
God bless ya both. Glad to hear you'll be sticking around.

blizz75

just remeber in the end material things mean very little and they wont bring you the satisfaction that a good relationship with your husband will. Priorities are very important, and it looks like you have yours in order. God Bless

rykna

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ok, I'm not married so my observation could be far off, but sounds like you and your husband just had a huge revelation in your marriage.
God bless ya both. Glad to hear you'll be sticking around.
Yeah!!!! It's kinda mind boggling, but neat. It's weird how it is so hard to see or except something that you would think would be obvious.....oh well, better late then never, right!!!!!!
Thanks

rykna

Originally Posted by blizz75
just remeber in the end material things mean very little and they wont bring you the satisfaction that a good relationship with your husband will. Priorities are very important, and it looks like you have yours in order. God Bless
That is so true blizz. This is a material driven era that we live in. Every were we go we are bombarded, on tv, on the computer, on billboards.....BUY NOW, PAY LATTER.....gotta keep up with the neighbor...make yourself look good. But in the end...you can't take it with you, and having a 60" plasma tv isn't going to be your ticket to heaven. Priorities are hard to keep straight, but not when you realize what is really important in life. And having a support group of caring friends doesn't hurt either!
Thankyou everyone! Your kindness and comfort means alot to me. :happyfish

rykna

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
You are an extraordinary woman Rykna.

Thanks Doc! I'll try not to let that go to my head..giggle. :happyfish

lion_crazz

Rykna, that story was very inspirational, and really brings a person to see what is really important in life. Great for you that you can realize what is the most important thing in life, love. Very few people have the kind of sight that you do, and therefore, your husband is a very lucky man. I am sure everything will work out well for you in time.

rykna

Originally Posted by hartman413
wow this is all crazyness. i am engaged and fortunately my job allows for me to have a tank but i understand where u r coming from. it is a wonderful hobby. i remember when i got engaged my fiance begged me to sell my bike because she was afraid of me getting urt and u know it was no problem to give it up. even though i loved to ride i loved her more and that is all that really matters..
Congrads on your engagment!!!!!! May I suggest you go to the carribean for you honeymoon?

sleasia

Rykna...I was very moved by your story. what can I say...I beleive you are doing the right thing. Ultimately, family must come first and we all make great sacrifices...this is part of our unconditional love. I am very sorry you are losing your tanks. But you are giving up something you love for something you love more.
I am also glad that most people on this site responded to you with such support. What a nice community of people this is. You really feel as though you are among friends on this site. Every member has a story and a life filled with ups and downs. Some shared and some remain unspoken, but all with common threads that allow us to relate and want to help, even if by only
listening.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Rykna
Congrads on your engagment!!!!!! May I suggest you go to the carribean for you honeymoon?

No way!!! Airfare to Australia is cheap... dive the Great Barrier Reef....

rykna

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! What was I thinking!!!!!!!!! Man!!!! If you did go there we'd all be drooling in anticipation of all the cool pics you'd bring back!!!!!!!!
...of the reef ofcourse

fishy7

Rykna,
Thank you for sharing your story, it was very emotionally charged and many of us need to be reminded of priorities in life sine there are so many temptations that we face on a day by day basis.
Your an excellent example of a person that honors their mistakes, accepts their mistastakes and takes action to correct them.
Your story has touched so many people that you will never know.
May GOD bless you in your journey.

rykna

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Rykna,
Thank you for sharing your story, it was very emotionally charged and many of us need to be reminded of priorities in life sine there are so many temptations that we face on a day by day basis.
Your an excellent example of a person that honors their mistakes, accepts their mistastakes and takes action to correct them.
Your story has touched so many people that you will never know.
May GOD bless you in your journey.
Thankyou, I could not have taken this journey without the help and guidance of God. It is because of his grace and love that I was able to set aside my burden of material value, and see what was really valuable, my family. :happyfish

swlover

Oh my..I don't know what to say
.... Bless your heart! Make sure you stick around the forums you have been the nicest person, you always are willing to help others and you have a wonderful personality...and Tx reef you are sooo sweet to offer that..it's ppl like you guys that keep me coming back. Your hubby IS a lucky man!