share your triggerfish!

jay0705

Lol we have the whole u.s covered. Texas , ny , and well call trigger call trigger central florida lol

jay0705

Ducks, deer, and geese are my favs. W pheasant when avb lol. w the pets I have nobody can believe I hunt lol

Kristin1234

Big meanie : P

It's just a man's thing I think. Which I know a ton of chicks do it too.

On a side note: what do you guys use to keep your phosphates naintained? I have been running chemi pure elite for going on 4 weeks and it has hardly lowered my numbers. I am sitting at .73. Do I need some type of reactor?

trigger40

Big meanie : P

It's just a man's thing I think. Which I know a ton of chicks do it too.

On a side note: what do you guys use to keep your phosphates naintained? I have been running chemi pure elite for going on 4 weeks and it has hardly lowered my numbers. I am sitting at .73. Do I need some type of reactor?
nothing will work better than macroalgea if you can keep it.

trigger40

Ducks, deer, and geese are my favs. W pheasant when avb lol. w the pets I have nobody can believe I hunt lol
squirrel and deer is all i have ever done and had success with. i tried turkey this year and heard them gobble back but never saw it.

trigger40

Psa : that wasn't me! I only kill fish apparently. Lol. It was my dad. That was one of the babies that came from the pregnant boar my dad trapped. I know when they actually hunt them they do it at night by spot lighting.
in florida we just drive around the property with atv's and if we see one, shoot it.

pegasus

what do you guys use to keep your phosphates naintained? I have been running chemi pure elite for going on 4 weeks and it has hardly lowered my numbers. I am sitting at .73. Do I need some type of reactor?
While the boys talk about making their guns go "bang", I'll answer your question. I went through a ton of Chemi-Clean, and all I accomplished was to deplete my bank account. I finally broke down and bought the BRS dual GFO canisters and a Mag-Drive 3 pump. They sell it with a Cobalt MJ-1200 pump, but I was informed by BRS that the 1200 wasn't strong enough to run high-capacity GFO and carbon. It would work fine for regular GFO, but I opted to use high-capacity since it lasts longer. Since installing the canisters, my PO4 has dropped to .04. I change out the carbon every two weeks, and GFO about every 4-6 weeks. I usually let the algae on the glass be my indicator for changing GFO. When I have to clean the glass a couple more times a week, it's time for a change. I rarely test my PO4 level, but when I do, it's always .04... or less.

PS: Don't take it the wrong way, guys... I've done my share of hunting. There's nothing like the sweet smell of gunpowder early in the morning... lol!!!

jay0705

Ha ha ha np peg. I'am glad u chimed in. Not being a reefer, I never pay attention to my phos. I do keep limited macros tho.

trigger40

Lol ducks and geese. Swan in some states
oh lol. the only reason i haven't tried duck yet is because i haven't found a place hunt em'. but i think i found a place while fishing that me a few buddies might try this winter. it looks promising.

jay0705

Ducks I have alot of options. Geese its tougher bc its mostly field hunting and they move constantly

trigger40

for phosphates i have always used macros. my tang will eat it all in a couple weeks but for 5 bucks a clump it cleans my water and feeds the fish. but as i add more fish im gonna need a sump to really start growing them. but i really want to try bird hunting. my lab does too

pegasus

I wish macros had worked for me. I was harvesting about half my chaeto every couple of weeks, but phosphate levels never would come down to acceptable levels. If it weren't for my SPS corals, I probably wouldn't have been too concerned. Then again, I did have a hair algae outbreak, so that was another contributing factor in my purchase of the GFO reactor. SInce then, I may harvest half of the chaeto every month or so...