Shark/aggressive tank

mboswell1982

yeah i know, oh well, hell, if you listen to the books, youc an keep a shark in a 100g tank long term, u know? LOL its amazing what the books will tell you and that people will beleive them cause they were written by someone with a degree

mboswell1982

true nuff, hell, even with all the research im doing, i dont think im ready for a tank yet, but, as soon as we can, we're setting one up, and just gonna take or time, i figure ill let it run for a good month before i add the first fish lol

mboswell1982

i know our last fish is gonna be the cherub angel, but im not sure what our first fish is gonna be to be honest lol but, i know we're gonna have a pink spotted watchman goby, with pistol shrimp, pair of black&white ocellaris clowns, im debating on a bi-color blenny or not, im hopin to do a trio of lubbock's fairy wrasses, and then the cherub angel lol

patrick8929

i wouldnt go with the bi-color they are cool looking but i have never seen any one get a really goos pic of them and i dont really know how they act in a tank. i love the black and whites!!

trainman

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2855752
well, if its gonna be a while, i can build u a tank that size when ur ready, and i wont charge u more than what the materials cost me plus shipping :p and ill make it out of whatever u want it made out of, be it acrylic or glass LOL
and u could prolly keep a few assorted triggers, i think, with the sharks, im not sure though to be honest
mbos, do u have an email or contact info. i have been looking into having a tank built soon. just like to see what kind of deal u could offer me.

mboswell1982

u can email me at chovuk1982@yahoo.com, but, im not going to start building tanks til early next summer, thats when my partner/best friend/brother type figure will be out here lol but, for people on here, its basically gonna be cost materials plus shipping to whereever you live :p

trainman

ok no problem on the dates, we are trying to buy a new house right now anyway. I am located in GA. I will give u a shout soon. thanks

krj-1168

If your very seriously considering keeping sharks one day - I would suggest you first read up & do some research on the subject before just getting into sharks. Sharks aren't the easiest saltwater fishes to keep by any means - in fact they tend to be one of more difficult groups to keep.
Also while everyone that wants to keep sharks - dreams of keeping active sharks like requiems. The trust is requiems are the most difficult of all types of sharks to keep by private aquarists. To house any adult requiem shark you need a tank or shark lagoon that is at least as large as good size swimming pool (at least 500-700 sq.ft. & a volume of 15,000-25,000 gallons).
If your truely serious about keeping a shark in a private home based aquaria - your best bet to pick a small benthic species - such as Eppies, Bamboos, Coral catsharks, or Horn Sharks. These sharks can be kept in small ponds/large tanks of about 30-80 sq.ft. & a volume of about 500-1,200 gallons.

patrick8929

like i said it is going to be a while (years) before i really can get a plan going. in this time i will be researching about different sharks and size tanks. i want about 1000 gallons. and i was thinking about the bamboo shark they look cool and i want to start with something that will be easiest for me and the shark.