Sick Seahorse

meowzer

OK GUYS.....I need some help.....I believe I have a sick horse....it is eating like a pig, swimming all over and hitching
BUT it swims tail up......I think it may have that gas bubble thing......here are a couple of pics....BEST I can do...see the little bubbles on the bottom of the tail????

flower

I hope it's not, but in 2nd pic it sure looks swollen...saying a prayer for your critter and following along to see whats up. Did you post your fears on seahorse.org? They are the experts.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/385742/sick-seahorse#post_3384436
I hope it's not, but in 2nd pic it sure looks swollen...saying a prayer for your critter and following along to see whats up. Did you post your fears on seahorse.org? They are the experts.
NO, not yet....BUT I sent Renee and Sax a pm......I read a short write up she did, and it was not very positive

cranberry

Oh Gosh, you're going to need Diamox. It's EGBD. I moved your tread over "there" from Disease and Treatment to Emergency. Do you have any Diamox on hand from the last time? Not sure if that's one of the meds you picked up.

meowzer

Naturally I DO NOT

this is what I have, just made the list from the med cabinet thread....Do I have to qt? Is a 5G too small :(
I have
Probiotic Marine Formula
Ich Attack (LOL don;t ask)
reef dip coral disinfectant
Lugols
Maracyn 2
Amquel +
Triple SUlfa
Furan-2
Wound Control
Neomycin
Bio-Bandage
Clove Oil
Formalin
VITAMINS; Selcon, Vita-chem, Zoe, Zoecon, GVH food soak, and garlic gaurd
I ALSO HAVE melafix and pimafix, BUT I consider them FW meds
EDIT: I have 2 tabs of chloroquine (and some baytril)

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/385742/sick-seahorse#post_3384471
I think you sent it to me when my horse was sick last yr.
OH...LOL....I knew I sent you something, but didn't remember what
OK...I have fresh SW mixing in the 46G brute......thinking I will need more then 10G's
I am gonna take out the 16G spare tank....and do a parts check on it......I know it is clean....
need to go check on a working filter....have lots of PH's and air pumps.....tubing too I think.....BUT that is a Walmart item (sometimes)
Can I put the SH in this tank tomorrow with new water????? then again I have no meds...LOL....
IS THIS CONTAGIOUS?

dive girl

I think it's a symptom of something else going on. How's the water parameters (I'm sure they are ok, knowing you)? You might want to lower the temp for now too; at least it won't hurt. If it were me, I wouldn't stress the seahorse out by moving him until you get the medicine. I can make a run to the post office tomorrow and send you a priority package tomorrow.
LMK. Good luck.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive Girl http:///forum/thread/385742/sick-seahorse#post_3384483
I think it's a symptom of something else going on. How's the water parameters (I'm sure they are ok, knowing you)? You might want to lower the temp for now too; at least it won't hurt. If it were me, I wouldn't stress the seahorse out by moving him until you get the medicine. I can make a run to the post office tomorrow and send you a priority package tomorrow.
LMK. Good luck.
Thanks.....I'm gonna call the vet in the morning...
Lower the temp to what? What do I look for to tell if something else is going on? The other 3 look fine, and all basic water parameters are perfect....anything else I should check?

dive girl

Diamox is a human medication. Do you know a doctor that will call in just a couple of tabs for you?
I'd lower it to at least 70F but that's just me. Do you have buffer to bring it up?

meowzer

I am running al ltests
ammonia, nitrites, trates....all 0
phosphates o or 0.003
alk 7.4 dkh
calcium 400
YES, I have Seachem reef buffer raise up to 8.3, but I have never used it

meowzer

OK...I just lowered the chiller to 70
OK..it says to add 1 tsp dissolved in a cup of FW for each 40G's....the tank is 28G.....so 3/4 tsp

this is to raise it .1
I don;t want to raise it too fast...right