So it Begins...all 10 feet of it...

isistius

actually i was thinking, that since his system is the size of a small national marine sanctuary, he should have no problems keeping the angels happy with a steady diet

(actually i just didn't even read what i wrote
)

ccampbell57

LOL...I may have something to grow corals but I am sure that my angel will destroy anything I put in there. This will mostly be a FOWLR other than the fish I will be adding a lot of showpiece Live Rock.

A

arlene1995

Do you have the tank already? If you do, can we see some pictures?

ccampbell57

The tank is in production at Tenecor. I will not have the tank delivered till October 1. There will be plenty of pictures of it then. Plus there will be pictures of the production of the tank as they send them to me.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2722911
The tank is in production at Tenecor. I will not have the tank delivered till October 1. There will be plenty of pictures of it then. Plus there will be pictures of the production of the tank as they send them to me.
I don't think I've ever seen an acrylic tank that big. Now, I need to sell my kids so I can get one

ccampbell57

My Tek HO T5's just came in. I am so excited. These are brighter than I could have ever guessed.
The fixtures are 48" each and hold 8 HO 54w T5 lights. The unit is super light, very beautiful and comes with hanging gear.
If you are in the market for new lights, I would HIGHLY suggest these bad boys to anyone.
Let me know what you think.

ccampbell57

yeah the Tek light has individual reflectors unlike each of the other T5 units I was looking at. This thing is wide too...around 30-36". It is cool looking and really bright.
Cant wait to get it on my tank.

ccampbell57

Its been a while, but the tank is done and in the process of being shipped from Tenecor. Can't wait to get it here.
In the meantime, I have been buying all the essentials for the tank.
Latest couple of purchases:
  • AquaC EV-2000
  • Mag 36 pump
    2nd 48" Tek T5 HO 8x54 light
    Finally built the MASSIVE stand (120"Lx40"Dx42"H)
Can you say skimmer power????

Stand

jag2232

I want to see what the room is going to be like with all of this stuff setup. That's a tremendous amount of equipment. Going to be pretty cool.

snakeblitz33

You are going to brace up the legs a little better then that, aren't you? Please say you are! If you built it with screws, those screws can sheer off pretty quick. Save yourself some money and go buy a few more 2x4's

A

arlene1995

Dang! That is awesome! Can't wait to see it when the tank gets here!

R

regina13

I can't wait to see the tank! I had so much fun watching you get fish for the 180, and now I get to watch you build a huge tank!

Oh, and did I read that you lost one of your bandits?

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2780282
You are going to brace up the legs a little better then that, aren't you? Please say you are! If you built it with screws, those screws can sheer off pretty quick. Save yourself some money and go buy a few more 2x4's
It is built with nails that are rated for 250#'s each. I am going to place 2x4's next to each of the 4x4's to support the runners. I am also finishing the stand off with a top sheet of 3/4" OSB. Once the tank is on and it is dead nuts level, I will place diagonal supports on each end and on the front side for added support.
Originally Posted by regina13

http:///forum/post/2780350
I can't wait to see the tank! I had so much fun watching you get fish for the 180, and now I get to watch you build a huge tank!

Oh, and did I read that you lost one of your bandits?

Its going to be really fun. It already is

Yes you read correctly. One of my bandits and one of my tiny potters angels died due to flukes. I noticed too late and treated with Prazi Pro, but by then it was too late.
I will be getting another one from Hawaii once the tank is up and running.

el guapo

I saw that is was supposed to be delivered on October 1st. Did you get it yet ? Is it being shipped directly to you or is it going to the store and you have to pick it up ? I assume you ordered it through premier ?

ccampbell57

I was told that it would ship no earlier than October 1. I have not received a shipping notice with a tracking number. I am assuming that it will be here by next weekend.
It will be shipped to the front door. I ordered it straight through Tenecor. I was going to go through Dave and Premier but the deal from the factory was too good to give up. I am getting pretty excited about it.

el guapo

A couple years back I was going to do a shark tank . What premier quoted me for a custom tank was almost double what the same tank direct was going to cost me . Unfortunately it never came to fruit either way . Things happen for reasons I guess .
Well let me know when your ready to muscle it into place .