So it Begins...all 10 feet of it...

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2790827
wow, wow, wow! man - in this hobby, there's always something going crazy, isn't there?!
side note - that thing is huuuuge!!
Yeah the suprises never end. It is pretty damn big...but after seeing it in person, I could go bigger

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO

http:///forum/post/2790852
Wow Chris thats crazy . I am glad they are taking care of you though . . .
Yeah..I told you it was messed up. Tenecor stands by their quality and they are making it right.

aquaknight

That sucks. Yea, it definitely looks like they or someone sat it flat on the floor, and then they had a hell of a time getting a jack or dolly back under the tank.

hammerhed7

Bummer about the damaged tank, but this is a great example of why it is smart to deal with reputable companies. I am sure you could have found the tank for a little less money through another company, but who knows if they would have taken care of you on the damage. My next tank will be a tenecor, I have heard nothing but positive things about their customer service.
Looking forward to seeing the new tank!

A

arlene1995

Man, that stinks about the tank... at least Tenecor is replacing it. I too have heard nothing but great things about Tenecor. I have a small one at my school with a false back and it is great. Hopefully, this second time around, the tank will come in great condition.

reefkprz

WOW what a bummer, a 5 week delay. I've been lurking watching this anxious to see the tank. I am willing to bet the next one comes just about full crated. those are some nasty chips and scratches.
I can only imagine how you felt looking at that mess.

hefner413

I was thinking... at least the damage was so obvious that you immediately responded. It could have been subtle, and thus have been missed... and not found until sitting in your house - like during a leak test or something!

crypt keeper

I was thinking and getting ready to type the samething. That tank is stupid big. Could you keep sharks in that badboy?

crimzy

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2790203
Well yesterday was a complete bummer. My tank arrived at the house and I was all ready and prepared with movers and equipment to get it into the basement.

Well, when the driver opened up the back of the truck, I was pissed to say the least. The tank was on a couple of beat up skids and it looked like someone was shooting at it with a machine gun.
There were chips all over the bottom and HUGE scratches by the dozen on the underside. Moreover, there was no protective material on the bottom 6" of the tank and it was beat up
!!!
I jumped in the truck and immediately called Tenecor and told them that I was refusing receipt.
Dennis from Tenecor was really great about the whole thing and he said that they would make it right by me. I will be receiving my new tank in around 5 weeks and it will be shipped "right". I will also be recouping the freight fees

I am glad that they were so good about it.
Here are pictures.
5 more weeks until the new tank comes.
I'll deal with it... but I don't have to like it.

G

gtdarock

The best thing is that you're dealing with a great company, maybe you'll get it in 4 weeks-?

kjr_trig

Who's error was it Chris? Tenecor or the shipping company? Kind of seems like it was poor packing by Tenecor? I think Jared is gonna have somebodys head on that one. What a horror show that is wasn't packed right.

Glad I was local and able to pick mine up

That thing is huge though!! 5 weeks sucks, but to me anticipation is one of the best parts.

ccampbell57

I am not sure if it was Tenecor or the first shipping company. From what it sounds like, it was the shipping company as Tenecor would be stupid to ship out an expensive tank like that without making it safe.
I am sure Jared had a few words with the logistics team and made sure that this didn't happen again.
5 weeks isn't that huge in the long run. Since the market has taken a dump we held off on finishing the basement till after the new year.
Immediate outlook - the tank will not be fully operational for about 6-8 months. The good news - time to stockpile some serious equipment and gameplan this bad boy.

R

regina13

The waiting is a great time to plan! I have changed my plan so many times over the past year.
The only thing with me is I have really missed having saltwater at home. You still have your 180 though.

ccampbell57

Yes i have my 180 and i decided to keep it and make it a full blown reef tank...the wife said..."why dont we make it reef like it used to be?"...DONE!!!

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2805366
Yes i have my 180 and i decided to keep it and make it a full blown reef tank...the wife said..."why dont we make it reef like it used to be?"...DONE!!!
hehe, you're poor wife, she should know you better...

el guapo

http:///forum/post/2805366

That's funny I was wondering the other day what your plan was with it and if you would ship to 80017
But then we decided not to move to a bigger place till next year so a bigger tank is on the back burner now for me .

ironeagle2006

I here you this is my wifes plans now. We get a 55or 75 for a reef I am pushing for the 75 for the reef and call it my sons tank. Then I get her a 29 for a pony tank with another 29 for a QT tank. Then when we upgrade my 150 to either a 250or 300 trying to decide if I want 5 feet or 6 feet of tank in my den at the new house will get my 150 drilled and make that reef and the 75 a peaceful saltwater tank.