So who's burning the Koran on the 11th?

reefraff

An Islamic temple is better know as a mosque. Even if it was just an Islamic center is still isn't appropriate if you can look down on ground zero from it. There is just something about having a building built to glorify the religion so many were murdered in the name of so close to the site of the crime. Would have been like having a Japanese cultural center built overlooking pearl harbor.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th#post_3306924
Quote:
Winner winner chicken dinner! Which makes me want to ask how many people here who are against the "community center" being built actually personally know someone who is a Muslim, as in you talk to them on a regular basis? Don't give me some jerk around answer, just answer yes I do or no I do not.

I've know several ranging from Persian, Palestinian, Arab and Russian. All really good people else wise I wouldn't have hung out with them. I've also know some over the top anti abortion people who protested at clinics and such. They were also good people who wouldn't hurt a fly but if they tried to open a memorial to aborted babies across the street from a bombed out family planning center I would oppose them too.

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th#post_3306925
An Islamic temple is better know as a mosque. Even if it was just an Islamic center is still isn't appropriate if you can look down on ground zero from it. There is just something about having a building built to glorify the religion so many were murdered in the name of so close to the site of the crime. Would have been like having a Japanese cultural center built overlooking pearl harbor.
You've posted this before and it is a statement that holds no water. First of all you could have a Japanese cultural center near such a site because the Japanese culture doesn't glorify the destruction of Democracy/The United States instead a Japanese Imperial Government represented that. You would not be able to build a place that glorifies such a regime. Islam did not take out the twin towers, a group of militant terrorist who believed in extremist and false Islamic values did. If a museum or memorial was made to glorify the hijackers or insurgents who want to destroy this country was made then I would pick up the baseball bat and drive over to NYC as fast as I could but that is not the case.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/20#post_3306933
You've posted this before and it is a statement that holds no water. First of all you could have a Japanese cultural center near such a site because the Japanese culture doesn't glorify the destruction of Democracy/The United States instead a Japanese Imperial Government represented that. You would not be able to build a place that glorifies such a regime. Islam did not take out the twin towers, a group of militant terrorist did who showed to believe in extreme Islamic values. If a museum or memorial was made to glorify the hijackers or insurgents who want to destroy this country was made then I would pick up the baseball bat and drive over to NYC as fast as I can.

Even 70 years after the fact it wouldn't fly but one thing the Japanese understand is showing respect, they would never attempt such a thing. The towers where knocked down in the name of Islam. That doesn't make Muslims any more accountable than Christians are when some nut job shoots an abortion doctor.

soviettaco

"Ohhh that Muslim terrorist commie Obamy sure does get my goat!"

Aren't you saying Christians have done such things in the past but no politician/government has said it's going to get someone killed? Because I believe it was a general who said that line and he was talking about his soldiers.

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/20#post_3306944
As I've posted here before I'd rather Obama was Muslim than a member of Wright's church.
That's neither here nor there, and to the 70 years ago response are you saying Allah told these men to do it, or maybe it was Muhammad or maybe it was every single Muslim in the world? If not then how are they a representation of what Islam is?

You know what I know who it was, it was probably those nice Muslims you know.

And if we are talking about respect here don't talk about possibly burning someones holy scripture.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/20#post_3306947

That's neither here nor there, and to the 70 years ago response are you saying Allah told these men to do it, or maybe it was Muhammad or maybe it was every single Muslim in the world? If not then how are they a representation of what Islam is?

You know what I know who it was, it was probably those nice Muslims you know.

And if we are talking about respect here don't talk about possibly burning someones holy scripture.
You are the one who brought up Obama, not me.

soviettaco

Well yeah he's a Muslim right? I thought he was, isn't he? You know that Muslim guy who was born in another country and managed to fool the majority of the country to vote for him even though he is a communist dictator who wants to destroy America? But yeah Comrade Obama doesn't belong in this conversation..... But wait a second you didn't answer who calls the shots in the Islamic religion?.... WOAAAHHH Maybe Obama is actually the guy who calls the shots, that would explain why he is upset about them burning the Koran.... WOAAHH maybe Comie Obamie is actually the one who wrote the Koran and people are ruining his ability to sell his so called "masterpiece". Dang that crafty Commie Obamie, he's at it again!

naclfish

both are in bad taste jmho....but America is all about freedom. I can not feel bad about burning a Koran when it is Your right to burn a flag in America....now that spits on hundreds of thousands of graves and is deemed a right of free speech. No one cares when these animals burn American flags.

soviettaco

And all is quiet on the Aquatic Front. Well except for the burning the flag guy but we will ignore him. There is wizardry asunder! Though he does make a good point, Muslims are all "animals" and all enjoy a good flag burning!

naclfish

no where did i post all Muslims are animals and enjoy a good flag burning..I only ment if u live in America and enjoy her freedoms you have to accept them. You dont get to threaten death and BS cause you dont like what someones doing.