SocalNano24s Tank Diary

socalnano24

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3107225
Looking good, I see you have some nice coraline going on too
Thanks it seems to be growing well. I was lucky in that I never really had to try to get coraline on my tank. (at least its not too much on my glass)

socalnano24

Originally Posted by GreenReefer
http:///forum/post/3107776
I love how clean your back chambers are. The tank is looking very nice
Thanks, never really thought about the presentation of the sump I suppose, haha.
I am actually planning on getting some screen material and adding a rigid plastic frame out of acrylic to try to keep my chaeto from the pump area, yet still let pods pass through. Anybody have any ideas on this? Because I would think that filter fabric would not allow the flow of pods to occur. I suppose I could also add an acrylic piece as a damn and just put lots of small drilled holes in it. Any thoughts?

greenreefer

does your not stay in a tight ball? I think usually egg crate works because it stays together, but if you have pieces break off the drilled holes approach might be the best, but the most work.

socalnano24

Yeah, mine has kind of grown alot, and I was getting some stuck in my filter intake. (I noticed one day that it almost stopped working). I'll just try the acrylic with drilled holes method.

socalnano24

picked up a small frag of zoas from the LFS, they have a yellow skirt, with a blue ring and a red center while at lunch. (Nissan I'll take a picture tonight when I get home), they are floating in my coworkers desk tank.

dankbardy31

chaeto can be a pain in the ass. Mine kept getting pieces in my return pump and then my light blew so I just tossed my chaeto for now. Definitely check your pump every now and then, between chaeto bits and other debris it could block the flow pretty substantially.

socalnano24

Well I have no pictures, the frags I'll take later :)
I couldn't help myself at the fish store today. I found a 3/4" Flame Angel, since I'm going to be upgrading to my 40 gallon by the end of December, I know he won't outgrow his space (since most that are sold are 1.5-2"). He'd been in the LFS tank since Monday with a six line wrasse, and he looked healthy and alert. I just had to do it.
Anywasy here are some pictures

I'm so excited!
My tank is now officially full, no more fish till I upgrade to the 40

dankbardy31

Nice bro. that flame looks rad! I think I will eventually get either one of those or a coral beauty in my big tank. Those two fishes colors are just amazing.

spanko

Very nice SoCal!!! Seen any nipping at by it? I would love to get one of the Dwarf Angels but I have a clam and am afraid it would nip at it.