SocalNano24s Tank Diary

socalnano24

the flame angel is doing great. He is now the "ruler" of the tank. I think that I am going to try and get some more pictures up tonight, including backlogged pictures of my fragged stuff as previously promised (sorry Nissan, I know I slacked)

dankbardy31

I totally thought of yoda when he posted that comment, I'm glad someone else thinks like me. "Your tank I like, hmmmph" hahahha

socalnano24

ok bad news. I went on vacation for a week. It was 95 in huntington beach the last two days. and when I got back there's only one fish, yet all the coral seems to be doing fine. I thnk my friend who was watching my tank left the feeder lid down, who knows how long. so I think it may have cooked some of the inhabitants. I check they aren't in the back of the tnak,a nd there is no sign of bodies. We'll see what turns up. Currently I have just the six line wrasse.

socalnano24

this is a big big set back, it'll be at least six weeks before I get the tank back to what it was. If I can even find a flame angel that small again, first one I'd ever seen that size

socalnano24

So this morning, my six line was kind of swimming ackwardly, had some white spots on him. Didn't have time to diagnose or do anything.
When I tested on Saturday, the ammonia was at 0. So I think that my anemone must have eaten the semi cooked fish bodies when they became lazy from the heat, hence why there weren't any bodies, or an ammonia spike. (still assuming since I have no info from my house sitter)
So this morning I did a quick 2.5 gallon water change before work. Left the six line to determine his own fate... he's the only fish left in the tank now. Since I was unable to observe the others I may have to leave the tank unnocupied for a few weeks in the event that it was an iche outbreak. All the coral still looks happy, except alot of my zoas are closed. (but not all)

socalnano24

Ok, I'm now fishless...... I'm more upset about this than I thought I would be. I guess at least my anemone,frog spawn and torch move with the current to keep me company.....
Gonna start coming up with some new fish schemes to try and have a better community tank.

socalnano24

Feel free to make recomendations.
I currently have:
Flame Shrimp
Emerald Crab
6" diameter green BTA
torch
frogspawn
lots of zoas
lots of mushrooms
3 hermits, (I need to buy about 5 more)
5 snails
4 nass snails
May consider a mated clown pair, or my coworker is offering to sell me his maroon clown for $16 (its medium sized).
Other thoughts include redoing what I had (not sure if the flame angel and the six line was a good pairing though.

meowzer

So sorry....do a good water change, test the water, and like you said...plan a good list then decide what to get 1st...