Some pictures:

wax32

Originally Posted by Bronco300
those are pretty cool, if you dont mind, how are frogs poisonous, how to they posion things?
sorry bout your loses...gotta hate that!
Their skin secretions... you'd have to rub them on a cut or your mouth basically. Captive bred ones have lost their poison... they get it from stuff they eat in the wild, near as anyone can tell. Some kinds are actually used for blow gun poison by natives in south america.
Thanks for the condolences!

bronco300

thats awesome! i assume thats what you feed the mushrooms? i'll have to try that, never had luck with them eating my mysis shrimp...do you find any difference in feeding?

bronco300

i forgot to ask you, whatever happened to those two green apple type polyps you had...i thnk i saw a pic of them, you know which i'm tlaking about?

larryndana

Originally Posted by wax32
Well, I am partial to Rick's Reef on David Dr. in Metairie. Aquatic Specialties on Williams in Kenner is another good one.

Thanks, i'll try both of them. I've tried both Baton Rouge and Slidell....neither was to great. Is the Aquatic Specialties north of the interstate? Just curious, last time I was there I almost ran off the road eyein the shoppe's on either side the road on the south side of the interstate....with no luck. Out of both which is your favorite?

wax32

Originally Posted by larryndana
Thanks, i'll try both of them. I've tried both Baton Rouge and Slidell....neither was to great. Is the Aquatic Specialties north of the interstate? Just curious, last time I was there I almost ran off the road eyein the shoppe's on either side the road on the south side of the interstate....with no luck. Out of both which is your favorite?
Yes it's north of I-10 behind Taco Bell on the right as you are coming from the interstate, it sits off the street a little. Basically turn right at the red-light by taco bell.
I prefer Rick's for fish/corals and aquatic for inverts. They both have good selections though.

wax32

Originally Posted by tall_90
if you need someone to take that frag off your hands, i will volunteer!
If you mean the green zoas, they passed on to the other side...

jerthunter

Beautiful starfish... Someday I will have one also...
Nice mushrooms too, pretty much everything you get looks good.

baclieu52

hi wax32.
You had a beautyful zoos and mushroom, I like the shrooms you said you just picked up today it 's soo colorful, by the way I would like to know how big your tank , is it big enought to have a yellow tang or flame angel ? if you have problem with hair algae their can help to learn up for you, I had problem with hair algae in my 29gal but after i up grade to 75 gal and tranfer all the LR which covered with hair algae to new tank and I added yellow tang and flame angle fish , after that all the algae were gone. in 29 gal I had 10 Astrea snaills, 2 Emeral crabs, dozen hermit crabs, 1 bicolor goby but not much helph. here you can compare two pic of 29g and 75 gal. good luk with your shrooms

wax32

Thanks guys!
It's a 70 gallon tank. I had a yellow tang but it died. I think my tank is really too small for a tang anyway, so I haven't replaced it.

jerthunter

Speaking of your algae puff, does your emerald crab eat it at all?
And speaking of crabs do you still keep a lot of types of hermit crabs?