Spanko's bio cube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

spanko

Can't do it, I like the ease of maintenance of the 29 gallon. Besides there is a lot of growing out to do for all those sticks of SPS in there.
Thanx for looking and commenting CK, I appreciate your opinions.

spanko

The back compartments have an Oceanic skimmer, a tray with filter floss-phosphate pad-carbon pad, a Bag of Purigen, a Bag of Chemipure Elite, a ball of Chaetomorph, ATO floats and a 359 gph Rio 6hf.
There is about 35-40 lbs. of rock, 20 lbs. of sand.
I dose B-Ionic 2 part. Prodibio. Vodka. Waiting for the MP10 Vortech to come out so I can remove the Koralia 3 and Koralia nano.

spanko

about 15 of each part daily 5 days per week. Then I do a 20 percent water change every week using Nutrisea Natural Seawater. Wish I could get free filtered sea water like you guys out on the left coase can.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3032924
about 15 of each part daily 5 days per week. Then I do a 20 percent water change every week using Nutrisea Natural Seawater. Wish I could get free filtered sea water like you guys out on the left coase can.
I'm already dosing 22 ml of each and I think I need to bump it up a bit. lol Nice! Move to the coast? :p

spanko

Children and grandchildren here. Could not posiibly drag wife away from that. Guess I'll just keep buying the seawater.

meowzer

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3032938
Children and grandchildren here. Could not posiibly drag wife away from that. Guess I'll just keep buying the seawater.
AHHHH...The innocence of youth...our children can move away from us...BUT we CAN NOT leave our children.....(even if we could...we wouldn't)

zigster

love the tail spot blenny. Just got one and they have a lot of personality! lol. I just think blennies are awesome though. Have a bicolor one in my 24G and hes pretty cool. The tailspot blenny just seems to be out more. keep up the good work.

spanko

Short update. It is getting warmer here and the tank has increase 1 degree already with the acrylic top on it. Even though I have all of those holes drilled in it. So I redid the pond netting to. This time I took two layers so the holes are no longer 3/8 inch square but are overlapped in a way that they are 1/2 that on a diagonal. So I have cut the area by 1/2, and instead of a square it is now a triangle. I do not believe that the Bali tiger jawfish which is larger than the yellow head jawfish will be able to get through this but will bounce off it like a trampoline if he tries to commit carpet hari kari. Plus it will let in more light, more gas exchange and of course there will be more evaporation. That will not be a problem as I have an ATO.
Also I built a little house for the jawfish from some PVC tube with a piece of barnacle over the entrance. The jawfish never did go in there but the tailspot blenny has today moved in. Pictures to come.

meowzer

HMMMM....Maybe I should toss the acrylic idea since I am already having heat issues...Although Everything is cool and comfy with the new a/c ....
Do you have pics of the netting????

spanko

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3035345
HMMMM....Maybe I should toss the acrylic idea since I am already having heat issues...Although Everything is cool and comfy with the new a/c ....
Do you have pics of the netting????
Please note the last three words of my previous post.