Spanko's bio cube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

posiden

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3241604
Hey Posiden, still around eh? I spend about an hour on the weekend cleaning and doing a water change. Every day about 10 minutes feeding dosing cleaning the glass and changing the filter floss.

Man that's not bad. Quite good IMO. How about trimming of the corals? Do you need to trim them much? The FTS look a little different from each other. Just wondering. My stuff grows but not like a weed like others seem to get. Probably my lighting.

spanko

Yeah a little trimming here and there to keep things away from the glass so I can use the Nimble Nano magnet cleaner. The orange Monti cap is the one that gets it most though, grows like a weed.

luvmyreef

Henry...your tank is amazing.
Luv the blenny. And what is the name of the greenish/yellow coral? It really pops out of every pic. I want one!

spanko

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3242339
Henry...your tank is amazing.
Luv the blenny. And what is the name of the greenish/yellow coral? It really pops out of every pic. I want one!

Not sure which coral you are talking about. Could you copy a picture and tell me which one?

luvmyreef

The very first pic in post #562? I guess its more green than yellow but in some of your pics it looks that way. I am assuming its a monti? The monti I have is green with pink polyps. And...would it look good under t5ho? thx.

kiefers

heya!! I have been looking around and doing some investigating, very dangerous for me. The frags we get, the bases are very bulky and akward to place. How do you get yours off of the base and then place the frag? I see you and acouple of other folks use a puddy substance. But how do you get them off the base? If there is a posting on SWF can you either teach or guide me to the spot?
Thanks

C

cbj84b

Wow, that is an amazing tank you got there. One of the best looking biocubes I have seen.

spanko

So friends, did you ever look at the tank and say "That needs to move over there"? I did a couple of weeks ago. And about 3 hours later, after rocks had fallen, coral had broken, super glue gel by the gallons had been used.......the tank was back together. I lost a couple of coral, my birdsnest is still recovering, but at least it wasn't too too bad. The tank now has an "L" shaped layout. Most of the footprint of the tank in the inside of the "L" with the SPS and zoas and rics. However the leg of the "L" is on the lefte with some room in between the glass and the fall off created by the leg. So here is the FTS

Centered on the inside of the "L"

The rockwall on the side of the tank "L" leg.

spanko

And here is the LPS I am putting on the rock wall side. May look for a small Maze Brain frag to add also, of perhaps a nice Favia.
Fox Coral

Candy Cane

and just some randoms

rlablan

Wow. I like it Henry. I always enjoy looking at your tank.
This reminds me of a lovely presentation that I watched the other day on aquascaping. This new layout follows the 'rules' of aesthetics. Good job. :)

nissan577

How is it henry that no matter what way you put it the tank comes out like woah!!!!
to me you will always be nano king
i love it and may godbless your tank and you! and i really want a sunset monti now
thankyou!