Spanko's bio cube, what in Posiden's name is he up to now?

posiden

Is SunnyX's tank still going? That TOTM article is from '06'. I thought his tank (new tank) crashed?
I must be confusing him with another Sunny??
Edit;
Not sure where I came up with this idea. I must be off my rocker????

spanko

So I ended up with the superman, aussie red, and he threw in a frag of blue tipped staghorn. Lights as off right now, going out of town for the next three days, so will be anxious to see what they do to acclimate to my system. He was running a 250 watt Radium 20k bulb over the tank where the frags were being sold out of. His growout tank, a large plastic bin of some sort, had a 400 watt 20k bulb. I think it was a Radium also.
They have some really wonderful looking coral.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/332430/spanko-s-29-bio-cube/700#post_3322903
So I ended up with the superman, aussie red, and he threw in a frag of blue tipped staghorn. Lights as off right now, going out of town for the next three days, so will be anxious to see what they do to acclimate to my system. He was running a 250 watt Radium 20k bulb over the tank where the frags were being sold out of. His growout tank, a large plastic bin of some sort, had a 400 watt 20k bulb. I think it was a Radium also.
They have some really wonderful looking coral.
So does this mean we don't get pics for 3 days :(
DAM...I wish I had places like that to go

mrdc

Spanko, I am not going to read through all the posts so I will just ask. What sort of biocube do you have? I have an oceanic and recently bought an SR3 protein skimmer hoping I could use a good skimmer and vodka dose. However, the skimmer fits snuggly in the middle chamber but then I can't get the halide light back on due to no space. So I am back to using the crappy oceanic skimmer and I need to find a good skimmer replacement that will fit in the first chamber. I just saw what you skimmed and was wondering if that one would fit in mine. I also have to sell the dang SR3 I just bought since the site I got it from will only take returns on unused items!

spanko

Yes it is the Oceanic 29 Biocube.Don't know it the skimmer will fit with the stock biocube lid though as I am running a Sunpod metal halide light.

mrdc

Thanks. I actually found a link showing details on how to install your skimmer in an oceanic 29g with some slight modifications and allowing you to still put the lid on. I bought one and will have to wait till next week to see how it will work.

mrdc

So basically vodka dosing and your skimmer are the only two things you are doing? Maybe I need to go red the 36 pages of posts I am seeing on your topic!

spanko

Filter floss, Chemipure Elite, Purigen, ESV B-Ionic two part, 20% water changes per week. And some love!