Squidd I'm Almost Ready To Move To The Basement!!

squidd

Note: Not recommended for level control in aquariums. Whats this about
Is this what you were talking about?
Yes that's it, but also the first time I've seen that "note"...(went to their site checked it out..)
I've been using it for years on two tank systems haven't had a problem...
I'm thinking it may have to do with ATO "with out" a pressurized storage tank causing short cycles of unit and premature wear on membrane...add storage and you should be fine...
Will contact Kent Tech direct to confirm...

lubeck

Originally Posted by Squidd
All RO Water...?
Yes, Why do you think it is happening?
Anyway, what about the waterfall in the pics above? How can I stop it? I believe it is pic three.
Also, when I put the ASM3 in it has reduced almost ALL FOAM and has pulled out alot of skimmate. Alot of bubbles are only coming from the fuge and the waterfall. the sump area and skimmer area is fine.
Why is my tank cycling? Could my filters be bad, I just got the unit for Christmas.
I think with the money I got for my old sump and powerheads, I am going to have to buy new filters for the ro.di, do you think i have to replace All of them? Also, I will be purchasing the auto top off.

squidd

RE: Cycle
Tank really shouldn't be cycling, all you did was add additional water volume...
UNLESS: There was something in the water (hence my "RO" question)..a new system should be OK, but there is that possibilty..do you have a TS meter can you test RO water directly for nitrate and nitrIte..?
OR there was something in the sand... What kind of sand did you use..??
Even so, shouldn't present a problem on an established system such as yours...monitor levels, and post actual if you would please...
Are the test kits accurate, old, expired...?

squidd

but I will show you the LARGE waterfall between F and E. Its seems the flow there is very fast with the mag pump.
Still not certain where the waterfall(s) is/are...
Circle on pic below...

squidd

Also, when I put the ASM3 in it has reduced almost ALL FOAM and has pulled out alot of skimmate. Alot of bubbles are only coming from the fuge and the waterfall. the sump area and skimmer area is fine.
This was totally expected...

lubeck

Originally Posted by Squidd
Still not certain where the waterfall(s) is/are...
Circle on pic below...
i will take another pic for you, still have lots of bubbles. Also, should i do a water change? I am going to test my ro/di water first though. Should I do a change??????

lubeck

As you can see, my live stock is not happy, acropora, mushrooms, anemones, gorgonia, and ricordias are ALL SHRIVELED UP. What should I do? Is this because of the bubbles, the trites and trates or BOTH?

squidd

Also, should i do a water change? I am going to test my ro/di water first though. Should I do a change??????
I'd feel better if we knew the water is good before adding more...
Most likely is, but would like to see test results...
Also, you said ammonia 0 which is good and 'trates if not too high, will be taken care of by fuge as it matures...
Would like to see results on 'trite test...

squidd

If water fall is in "Red" zone...add water to return pump chamber to make it go away..

Serious..1/2" drop is all that is required...
Sump has been calced for back wash "above" that level, so you might as well use it...
Also when setting ATO..set to the higher level...

squidd

Last two pics on #187 show return chamber level "WAY TOO LOW"...
This should eliminate most bubbles returning to tank...

squidd

As you can see, my live stock is not happy, acropora, mushrooms, anemones, gorgonia, and ricordias are ALL SHRIVELED UP. What should I do? Is this because of the bubbles, the trites and trates or BOTH?
Fill the sump, lose the bubbles and post test results...

lubeck

Don't you think since we changed the "flow" of the tank it would cycle?As well as me taking away some(130watt) of the PC lighting to go down to the fuge.

lubeck

I will post test results later, but I did just go out and buy all new filters for my ro/di. The old filters for the ro/di results read 0 for trites BUT did read traces of trates.
I will test the ro/di again as well as the DT.

squidd

Don't you think since we changed the "flow" of the tank it would cycle?As well as me taking away some(130watt) of the PC lighting to go down to the fuge.
No, neither of these have a "causal" affect on the cycle...
or more corectly..the signs of additional population of nitro somas and nitrobactor bacteria...(ammonia and nitrite) Excess "food" of some type is triggering the growth of nitrobactor bacteria as evidenced by the slight rise in 'trites and secondary 'trates...

lubeck

Well, the results are
Display Tank= Nitrate=2 Nitrite=0.05
RO/DI= Nitrate=.2 Nitrite = 0
I thought it could just be my rubbermaid bin that holds the ro/di water but the results came back the same. I took it right out of the blue tube and from the rubbermaid container. I don't know if its because the change of filters or what. Should I be worried???
The fuge is getting green algae on the sides and the sand is starting to turn brown. So I guess its starting to come alive, Right?
I should clean the sump really well when i do a water change right?
When should my next water change be?
For water changes, I was planning on taking out the protien skimmer and sucking all the junk from the bottom.
I believe if I drain all the chambers in the sump area, that should be enough for a water change, do you remember how many gallons are in those chambers combined?
I did remove the white sponge that was before the return chamber and added water so there is a 2-3 inch drop it seems there are more bubbles returning.
Could my "T" with the 45's have anything to do with the bubbles, the pressure hole is right at water level, is there a certain size it should be?
Do you think my drain line for my fuge is too deep in the water?
I don't know just throwing some ideas out there to see if it sparks any ideas from ya.

lubeck

As far as the food goes, I do feed every other day. I reallydon't think I have been over feeding.
I did however, forget to tell you something VERY IMPORTANT!!! I did just purchase last weekend at my lfs a 10lb. piece of LIVE ROCK. I have a feeling it was not complelty submerged in water, they wrapped it in paper or something stupid like that. I think this is the cuase, plus i did a 25percent water change afterward so maybe that it.
Where do I go from here? Oh yeah bubbles

squidd

I did however, forget to tell you something VERY IMPORTANT!!! I did just purchase last weekend at my lfs a 10lb. piece of LIVE ROCK. I have a feeling it was not complelty submerged in water, they wrapped it in paper or something stupid like that. I think this is the cuase,
Ya Think...